Saturn in 2nd house

summer92

I was wondering if any of you'll could please explain how this placement has affected you if it's present in your chart.

I'm quite scared as I don't know how I will end up once I graduate,but I was born into aa UMC family,and never had to experience hardships financially.Does this placement indicate that I should be careful with money? I'm quite strict with my money and spend only if I have to,but I have a refined taste and tend to spend a lot when I like things (which I rarely do).

anoop.indirapuramghazibad

Narmally when Saturn is placed in second house then natal will enjoy happiness in foreign lands. Such natal does not enjoy friendship, will not be soft spoken, opposed by family members, later part of life, normally lives in foreign land and enjoy success and lavish life style.
But in astrology, basic rules are there, but impacts of lordship and aspect, conjunction etc will influence final results.

summer92

Thank you Anoop! I was born and brought up abroad and I'm studying abroad as well,and I'm quite happy here.I'm not the best with friends,and I'm not softspoken (unfortunately).I have a harmonious aspect of my saturn to the sun and MC which will hopefully benefit me,

Thank you!

Does anyone have this placement? :) Please do let me know how it has affected you

hi i have this saturn in virgo in second house, i am always making plan to make money,to do something i tend to learn a lot too by reading books...it is a good placement, it makes me confident because i can see the real side of life and i think it makes me careful and detail oriented about the project i begin but it is<slow

summer92

this is my natal.

thank you

if anyone has this placement,please do chip in your experience/struggle with it.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_259_summer_hp.14985.41263.jpg
    astro_w2gw_259_summer_hp.14985.41263.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 63

7401Rizey

Traditional astrology interprets Saturn's presence in the second house to mean a lack of or difficulty in getting real world possessions like money, cars, etc. Moving away from this fatalistic approach, we will try to personalize the meaning of Saturn in the second house for an individual. From a personality standpoint the second house reflects your attitude to real world possessions. With Saturn in the second house, you might be unduly pessimistic about your own ability to get possessions. Avoid the pessimism. Then again, you might be overly cautious in the way you invest your finances. I'll give you an example to illustrate this point. Saturn in the second house people are more likely to invest their hard earned money in low risk treasury bonds than in the higher risk stock market. This may be good or bad, depending on how you look at it. Your investments will remain rock solid over the years, but will not grow as much if you had been more of a risk-taker! Given this risk aversion, isn't it easy to spot why past astrologers might have taken that as an inability to gain wealth or possession? It's not so much an inability as simply an attitude. Awareness of this attitude can be your strength.

I think that's what saturn in second house really means... I think it's a bad placement, if you're not doing so well in that area

waybread

Your Saturn doesn't look bad to me. First of all, it is strengthened by being in its own sign of Aquarius. (Uranus is the modern ruler of Aquarius, but Saturn is the traditional ruler, and I think they both work.)

Saturn squares Pluto in the 11th house of friendship, where it is strengthened, too, by appearing in its own sign of Scorpio. I would read this as a cautionary note for you to be careful about the friends you choose, and avoid any kind of cruelty, either to them or from them. Both these planets can have a ruthless streak. I also suggest that you "neither a borrower nor a lender be" so far as your friends are concerned.

But the good news about Saturn is that it makes a nice sextile to your sun and trines your MC. If you dedicate yourself to your chosen vocation in life with persistence, patience, and hard work, your money should work out for you.

This would be a placement of cautious investments, money made through your own enterprise rather than others', resourcefulness, and persistence. Saturn square Pluto can indicate bankruptcy, where the second house is involved. So the key to avoid that from happening is to learn Saturn's lessons of deferred gratification and saving for your future. No get-rich-quick schemes!

Let me ask, have you been poor, and have you been able to make do pretty well, nevertheless?

You have a third domiciled planet, the moon in Cancer. It's conjunct Chiron and opposed by Neptune, suggesting that it is easy for you to become disillusioned or have your feelings hurt. It's in a T-square involving your sun in Aries-- the woman warrior placement, especially with Venus in Aries as well. You can be quite a fighter, in the sense that if you really want something you have the spirit to go after it.

What is a UMC family? Just curious.

summer92

Your Saturn doesn't look bad to me. First of all, it is strengthened by being in its own sign of Aquarius. (Uranus is the modern ruler of Aquarius, but Saturn is the traditional ruler, and I think they both work.)

Saturn squares Pluto in the 11th house of friendship, where it is strengthened, too, by appearing in its own sign of Scorpio. I would read this as a cautionary note for you to be careful about the friends you choose, and avoid any kind of cruelty, either to them or from them. Both these planets can have a ruthless streak. I also suggest that you "neither a borrower nor a lender be" so far as your friends are concerned.

But the good news about Saturn is that it makes a nice sextile to your sun and trines your MC. If you dedicate yourself to your chosen vocation in life with persistence, patience, and hard work, your money should work out for you.

This would be a placement of cautious investments, money made through your own enterprise rather than others', resourcefulness, and persistence. Saturn square Pluto can indicate bankruptcy, where the second house is involved. So the key to avoid that from happening is to learn Saturn's lessons of deferred gratification and saving for your future. No get-rich-quick schemes!

Let me ask, have you been poor, and have you been able to make do pretty well, nevertheless?

You have a third domiciled planet, the moon in Cancer. It's conjunct Chiron and opposed by Neptune, suggesting that it is easy for you to become disillusioned or have your feelings hurt. It's in a T-square involving your sun in Aries-- the woman warrior placement, especially with Venus in Aries as well. You can be quite a fighter, in the sense that if you really want something you have the spirit to go after it.

What is a UMC family? Just curious.

Thank you Waybread! Upper Middle Class :) You interpretation was spot on! I've never struggled financially,but that's mainly because of my family as my family is quite affluent and my dad's job profile expanded massively after my birth (I'm not saying my birth did anything to do with it,but my mum always points out that my dad's luck turned around with my birth into the family.He came from a poor family and worked really hard,but my mum came from an extremely wealthy family at birth,but lost all her possessions and wealth because of her mother's legal battle).

"I also suggest that you "neither a borrower nor a lender be" so far as your friends are concerned."

EXTREMELY TRUE :) I'm extremely cautious with friendships and I'm pretty ruthless when it comes to it because of previous bad experiences and I don't really trust anyone.

I'm very careful with money and I've kept account of my finances from a young age.I do spend money,but I do so by cutting out on expenditures (which are frivolous to me ) and instead splash on something that I've needed for a long time.

I used to procrastinate a lot,but right now I'm on a mission to cut down bad habits and have been successful with most of them.I'm very organized,however this is a recent development (I used to be quite OCD about organizing as a child into my early teens,but then I picked up horrible habits,and have recently become much better).

"You have a third domiciled planet, the moon in Cancer. It's conjunct Chiron and opposed by Neptune, suggesting that it is easy for you to become disillusioned or have your feelings hurt. It's in a T-square involving your sun in Aries-- the woman warrior placement, especially with Venus in Aries as well. You can be quite a fighter, in the sense that if you really want something you have the spirit to go after it."

Very true! I'm quite delusional tbh and had my feelings hurt several times.I have very low self esteem as well.I've never really been a leader,although people want me to be,as I'm scared of being the center of attention and take criticism quite personally.The past 2 months have changed me a lot and right now I do feel like fighting for what I want.

Thank you so much for looking!

summer92

Traditional astrology interprets Saturn's presence in the second house to mean a lack of or difficulty in getting real world possessions like money, cars, etc. Moving away from this fatalistic approach, we will try to personalize the meaning of Saturn in the second house for an individual. From a personality standpoint the second house reflects your attitude to real world possessions. With Saturn in the second house, you might be unduly pessimistic about your own ability to get possessions. Avoid the pessimism. Then again, you might be overly cautious in the way you invest your finances. I'll give you an example to illustrate this point. Saturn in the second house people are more likely to invest their hard earned money in low risk treasury bonds than in the higher risk stock market. This may be good or bad, depending on how you look at it. Your investments will remain rock solid over the years, but will not grow as much if you had been more of a risk-taker! Given this risk aversion, isn't it easy to spot why past astrologers might have taken that as an inability to gain wealth or possession? It's not so much an inability as simply an attitude. Awareness of this attitude can be your strength.

I think that's what saturn in second house really means... I think it's a bad placement, if you're not doing so well in that area

Thank you for this interpretation! I do plan on investing my first pay in the stock market after discussing the market trends with my father (I know it's looking bad,so I may never do that),but I plan on collecting my pay over the next few months and then investing it in something profitable like the real estate market in my home country which is quite profitable these days.

rahul_rastogy

[FONT=&quot] Saturn in 2nd house seek for financial stability in their lives for which these natives would face much obstacles in their path which could lead them towards pessimism while keeping optimism and keep walking further would make them attain triumphs.

Poupoupidou

Does this placement indicate that I should be careful with money? I'm quite strict with my money and spend only if I have to,but I have a refined taste and tend to spend a lot when I like things (which I rarely do).

This placement indicates how you relate to the resource structures supporting your autonomy. Money is one of those resources. If you are quite strict with your money, then it's likely your Saturn does not participate in unsupportive aspects with other items. It's the other way round, it's not you 'should', but you 'are' careful with money. You worry, but you should not.

Last edited:
Let me share my experience…Saturn 2nd house in Libra here. I am 33 years old. You can say that money holds a big importance to me, ok let’s rephrase that, more like a borderline obsession (I should mention I also have Pluto in the 2nd). Although a big focus in my life, it certainly has not been an easy financial journey for me so far.

I grew up with parents who constantly worried money (i.e. we don’t have money for this or that) and spilled their worries on to me. This gave me an intense fear of ending up financially unstable or poor as an adult.

When I first started out on my own in my early twenties, I was very immature with money (I suppose Saturn is a bit of a late bloomer to begin with). I didn’t understand it so I tossed it around everywhere, didn’t pay my bills, lost hydro, didn’t have food to eat and eventually at 26 years old filed for bankruptcy.

After filing for bankruptcy, I quickly realized all the mistakes I had made. My credit was damaged meaning unless I changed my ways, I would never own a house and always pay high interest rates when acquiring credit. At that point, I vowed to fix my credit and never go hungry again. I made it a life goal.

With this goal in my head, I worked hard to work my way up and obtain my current position at work. I fully repaired my credit by taking control of it and since then, I am financially stable with a great income.

Although filing for bankruptcy was a hard lesson to learn, I look back on it now and I am thankful for it. Not saying something as drastic will happen but you, but is having Saturn in the 2nd house easy? No, it’s not a placement where you will be magically rich, that’s for sure. I firmly believe though if you learn your lessons and work hard you will be rewarded.

Another thing, I have to work super hard at everything. For example, it took forever to get my promotion. Some of my peers got theirs way before me despite the fact that I had been working longer at it than them. You just learn to accept it and appreciate the journey.:joyful:

Best of luck!
Monica

deepminde

Hello, I have Saturn in Capricorn in 2th house. How do I feel I about it? Bad. I'm tired of thinking about money all the time because to me it symbolize security which I don't have.

If I want something I have to work work and once again work for it. And I'm sick of it. I actually don't want to work at all because it takes all my time and I'm wasting my youth. I want it all and I want it now. (I think it is due to the North node in the same house, it's my luck:))) Everyone around me is spending their money and I believe I'm a cheapskate :D (Well, I buy extensive stuff from time to time however my happiness is overshadowed by numbers in my bank account after shopping :/)

I have university degree but I have a sh*tty job and salary is pathetic. Though I lived abroad and money was great, the best I ever had, but my world was falling apart and I came back home (friendships, relationships, my mind was breaking.) (Transiting Saturn was in my natal sun)

In general I'm disappointed but I will try to succeed...

The story of Saturn in 2th house :D

Last edited:

waybread

deepminde, you write like a young person with a major sense of entitlement. Are the people around you who are "spending their money" going into debt to do it? How smart izzat? If you don't work for a living, how do you expect to support yourself? Have you applied for better jobs?

But maybe your post was just pulling our legs. Right?

deepminde

deepminde, you write like a young person with a major sense of entitlement. Are the people around you who are "spending their money" going into debt to do it? How smart izzat? If you don't work for a living, how do you expect to support yourself? Have you applied for better jobs?

But maybe your post was just pulling our legs. Right?

The text was exaggerated but I do sometimes feel like that. Entitlement? Maybe... I want to have money until I'm young because money is freedom. Do not imagine that I want to live in a mansion or have a private jet or something like that. I just want to feel safe financially.
Uncertainty gives me anxiety.
And no, people around me is not going to debt to spend money, they have enough. I did not mean they are spending without a budget. In that case I would call them fools.
I do work and support myself. The dream is to win the lottery. The negative side is that I rarely buy tickets and I think it is waste of money. :)

Last edited:

waybread

deepminde, how would you describe your reality-grounding?

Saturn can show where and how we feel limited and disappointed, but it does reward patience, hard work, and deferred gratification. These do not seem like your favourite virtues! Saturn always gives us a reality-check, as well.

I don't know what your chart looks like, but I've read a number of "lottery" questions by people. Yet when I see their charts, they do not seem to have a good grasp of money management. Saturn in the second square another planet is one indication. In which case, even if they somehow won the lottery, they probably wouldn't know how to keep and invest the money they received.

I don't know whether you're familiar with personal finance guru Suze Orman, but I highly recommend her common-sense approach to money.

www.suzeorman.com

deepminde

deepminde, how would you describe your reality-grounding?

Sorry, English is not my native language and I'm not familiar with the meaning of "reality-grounding".

QUOTE=waybread;644220]I don't know what your chart looks like, but I've read a number of "lottery" questions by people. Yet when I see their charts, they do not seem to have a good grasp of money management. Saturn in the second square another planet is one indication. In which case, even if they somehow won the lottery, they probably wouldn't know how to keep and invest the money they received.

I don't know whether you're familiar with personal finance guru Suze Orman, but I highly recommend her common-sense approach to money.[/QUOTE]

I don't expect to win a meaningful amount of money but when I was younger a lot of times I did win a few bucks. If you want to I can send you my natal chart.

Actually, I do believe I'm good with money. I don't have debt and I save for a rainy day. :)

Last edited: