How important are moons really?

Libres

Hello, I am asking this question because I meet people that I get on with but they end up having an incompatible moon like Pisces. My moon is 1' Aries. Is the moon really that important for compatibility as people generally think? If so, what could be the explanation for this?

obsidianmineral

People can be compatible as a result of an agreeableness between planets and points in their respective natal charts, but not every aspect works the same way nor does it imply the same personality traits being involved, which sounds intuitive; not everyone gets along well with others for the same reasons. So Moon compatibility is an agreeableness between the way nourishment is perceived between individuals. It is important if you think it is. At the end of the day, you're the one who decides what has value and what hasn't. There are far more ways someone can get emotionally involved with another person than just that, like self-esteem, way of reasoning, perception of beauty, motivation, etc.

Libres

People can be compatible as a result of an agreeableness between planets and points in their respective natal charts, but not every aspect works the same way nor does it imply the same personality traits being involved, which sounds intuitive; not everyone gets along well with others for the same reasons. So Moon compatibility is an agreeableness between the way nourishment is perceived between individuals. It is important if you think it is. At the end of the day, you're the one who decides what has value and what hasn't. There are far more ways someone can get emotionally involved with another person than just that, like self-esteem, way of reasoning, perception of beauty, motivation, etc.

That is a very well thought answer, thank you.

Timmytwothumbs

Hello, I am asking this question because I meet people that I get on with but they end up having an incompatible moon like Pisces. My moon is 1' Aries. Is the moon really that important for compatibility as people generally think? If so, what could be the explanation for this?

The moon is the most important in compatibility. If you are looking at someone of the same gender the moons will work well together and so will those people. If they are of the opposite sex the man takes the role of his sun sign and the woman takes the role of the moon sign if they work together so will those people. However you can get a long through other aspects it may just be different it won't be the same connection. For instance anyone with a mercury in the same element as mine conversation is easy and ongoing and very constructive. Men especially with moon in the same element or nature as mine are the best of friends. Women with moons that connect with my sun sign seek a relationship with me. Without that aspect a relationship has never panned out. A womans sun connects with my sun. Very good friends. But rarely intimate. A woman's Mars trine with a man's moon sexual attraction and fertility. It's the most common case I've seen for having children early, and often by surprise.

IleneK

Premium Member
It is not how well you innately get along in any of the arenas of relationship and life.

It is how well you learn to get along.

That is what cultivating and maintaining relationship is about.
And that can be achieved through the intention in the individuals regardless of combination of planets/signs. File that away and remember it. It will serve you well.

obsidianmineral, thank you for this:

<..>At the end of the day, you're the one who decides what has value and what hasn't. There are far more ways someone can get emotionally involved with another person than just that, like self-esteem, way of reasoning, perception of beauty, motivation, etc.

Last edited:

tinypastels

It might not be about compatibility, maybe Pisces energy is something you can learn from, otherwise missing in your chart.

Also, I'm very curious about your 1 degree Aries. Do you feel any Pisces energy at all? I generally don't believe in cusps, but my 0 Ari 55 moon as a serious Pisces hangover. I don't have any other water in my chart so I read my moon as Pisces. Mind you, my birth certificate time is accurate because my aunt checked the clock the second I was born. Been curious about others' early-Aries moons.

Last edited:

Whoam1

Mars rules Aries, conquering. Jupiter co-rules Pisces the planet of expansion. The both rule a fire sign and co-rule a water sign (well Mars rules Scorpio inherently where as Pluto doesn't (it kind of steals it from Mars only in certain cases)). There is plenty of connection.

Moon is very important but moon sign isn't always the best description of a persons emotions. You have to take in aspects and houses too, my moon aspects Pluto and is in the 8th house, even though my moon is in Leo I am much more Scorpionic in emotions (and in life but I have other Scorpio energy so that's beside the point).

wan

I think Moons are definitely important, however they are not the only thing. Maybe the other person you are dealing with has other, more prominent placement/s that over-ride their Moons.

My own moon is in Scorpio, and even though I sometimes get along with Scorpio Suns, the sign that dominates for me in terms of friendship, is Gemini. And I have Nadir in Gemini. So that just goes to show you that other things can over-ride the Moon.

Last edited: