Can you pinpoint in our own chart why you are inclined to astrology?

I want to become a good astrologer but I just feel like my my own mind won’t let me. I have such a hard time grasping it entirely. I actually learn it really quickly, like speed of lighting quick. I fully understand it, can explain it, and then suddenly, it’s gone. Not the basics, but more the in depth stuff. I get my info in flashes but then it disappear which is so frustrating!

I also find my way of reading charts different than traditional method, like I’ll following my own rules half of the time. I’m assuming it’s because of my Mercury Sextile Uranus?

Anyone else with this aspect? What are your Astrology placements?

Attachments

• Chart.gif
    Chart.gif
    63.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

david starling

Hey Prettypower, I have the same basic relationship as you with Conventional Astrology. I respect it, but find myself using my own personal methods about half the time. We both have Jupiter in Scorpio; as for Mercury and Uranus, I have Uranus in Gemini. If your iconoclastic techniques are working for you, there's no Astrology Tribunal out to accuse us of heresy! I've posted several of my "unique" ideas in various forums, and it's been a good learning experience. Like you, my Sun is at the edge of Pisces, and Pisces "owns" astrology from the Piscean point of view. With Mercury in Aquarius you're being encouraged to go your own way, while Moon in Cap. is saying "follow the rules and be a respectable astrologer". I posted a hypothetical chart of the "perfect" astrologer from the conventional viewpoint, but convention isn't everything; your chart has what it takes for you to be a brilliant, Individualistic astrologer! (In my own Individualistic opinion.)

Last edited:
Hey Prettypower, I have the same basic relationship as you with Conventional Astrology. I respect it, but find myself using my own personal methods about half the time. We both have Jupiter in Scorpio; as for Mercury and Uranus, I have Uranus in Gemini. If your iconoclastic techniques are working for you, there's no Astrology Tribunal out to accuse us of heresy! I've posted several of my "unique" ideas in various forums, and it's been a good learning experience. Like you, my Sun is at the edge of Pisces, and Pisces "owns" astrology from the Piscean point of view. With Mercury in Aquarius you're being encouraged to go your own way, while Moon in Cap. is saying "follow the rules and be a respectable astrologer". I posted a hypothetical chart of the "perfect" astrologer from the conventional viewpoint, but convention isn't everything; your chart has what it takes for you to be a brilliant, Individualistic astrologer! (In my own Individualistic opinion.)

Thank you very much David! You are right, my cap moon wants to be respectable - all the flipping time (you should see me at work). I should just stop worrying about following the conventional methods and go with my gut

Pleasure to meet you by the way!

Frisiangal

Thank you very much David! You are right, my cap moon wants to be respectable - all the flipping time (you should see me at work). I should just stop worrying about following the conventional methods and go with my gut
Hi,
We also share some similar placements. Same degree Ascendant (and sign cusp houses) and close Moons in Capricorn in 5th, meaning there's a trine aspect from Moon to Virgo Asc. I also have SN-NN across Capricorn-Cancer in 5th-11th. Uranus in Gemini to M.C square Asc..
Automatically, I go for the proof to be found in actual circumstances. I've had to learn to follow the 'instinctive gut' (Virgo) feeling and there STILL remains something that provides caution through the 'what if I'm wrong?'.... as a result of other aspects in my chart.

Sun in Pisces does not go on instinct or actual cicumstances. It functions through the sensation experience of something that is literally 'unfathomable' that cannot be physically grasped through Moon's need for physical actuality (Sun semi-square Moon; Sun opp. Asc.) and/or Mercury's intelligence and logic processes (ruler Asc. and MC).
Your hesitation may arise from the Mercury square Jupiter (also trad. ruler Pisces)... the learning to trust the ' knowing' process, yet accepting without understanding the why ( Jupiter Scorpio influence sextile Virgo Asc.) that you do.

Jupiter precedes Saturn that precedes Uranus. In my humble opinion, one doesn't just inherit Uranus-type qualities. A person can have all the Jupiter knowledge availabe to them, yet has to be prepared to go through the Saturn manifestatinal barriers of restraint in order to build further upon it. If an astrologer works with Chiron, it may be the effect of a 'wounding process' that should also be considered and can open the door before the giant step forward becomes possible.

An astrologer may decipher situations in a chart that may not always be seen as positive of nature. A Pisces Sun, ruler 12th house, astrologer might experience difficulty in finding the right words to explain this. After all, people only want to hear that everything is going to be fine, don't they? On the other hand, such an astrologer might be further in 'metaphysical understanding' than can be expressed through interpretting astrological symbolism.
In this respect I am reminded of my first astrological teacher; Jupiter Ascendant with Sun in Pisces. She reached a stage when she came to the realisation that astrology was no longer sufficient anymore. She could offer her students nothing further. Her own path to follow was Pisces of nature.
Maybe your eventual path will lead you far beyond astrology too?:smile:

Last edited:

Lin

I agree with a lot of what is said above by Frisiangal.

First I want to ask you, what is your intention in learning astrology? Do you want to read for people? For friends and relatives and yourself? Do you want to become professional (get paid for a reading or teaching?) Some people who learn astrology never read for people....they do 'mundane' astrology. So....what is it you want to do with it?

One way you can figure out if you are actually "digesting" the information you are learning is by giving a reading and just asking the person you are reading for, "is this accurate?" or..."does this sound familiar?" Most people will be pretty honest about this. Just tell the person you are reading for that you are a 'student' and they are helping you learn. If you are accurate and you get good feedback, then whatever methods you are using (astrological methods) are pretty much useful.

Try not to do too much prediction until you feel very confident that you are accurate and diplomatic enough to give that type of information.

Yes I have an angular Uranus also....but I am an astrologer because of my 9th house planets - I am unendingly curious about human nature. I want to know what makes people tick. And for ME, every chart....every person is a 'mystery' - a mystery I want to solve. And I want the 'big answers' (9th house..."what is life?" "why are we here"? is there a God?"....)

So you need to know where you are going with this study. If it's meant to be it will be a lifelong passion. The more you know the more you will want to know.
LIN

I agree with a lot of what is said above by Frisiangal.

First I want to ask you, what is your intention in learning astrology? Do you want to read for people? For friends and relatives and yourself? Do you want to become professional (get paid for a reading or teaching?) Some people who learn astrology never read for people....they do 'mundane' astrology. So....what is it you want to do with it?

LIN

Hi Lin,

Not necessarily to read people for money or anything like that, I just want to be able to fully understand it so I can interpret people & events. Like you, I am very curious.
:happy:

Hi,
We also share some similar placements. Same degree Ascendant (and sign cusp houses) and close Moons in Capricorn in 5th, meaning there's a trine aspect from Moon to Virgo Asc. I also have SN-NN across Capricorn-Cancer in 5th-11th. Uranus in Gemini to M.C square Asc..
Automatically, I go for the proof to be found in actual circumstances. I've had to learn to follow the 'instinctive gut' (Virgo) feeling and there STILL remains something that provides caution through the 'what if I'm wrong?'.... as a result of other aspects in my chart.

This is so me. Although I want to add my two cents in forums such as this one, I have this "what if I'm wrong" feeling that takes over and will just keep my mouth shut. What's funny though, is I can read tarot cards and have read hundreds of people. You would think "What if I am wrong" would come up a lot in that area, but it never does.

waybread

David, this is the Astrology Tribunal, with a summons for you to appear and justify your practices. (Just kidding, just kidding.)

Mercury is the traditional ruler of astrology. Uranus is the modern ruler. Having one or both of these planets in a strong position is helpful. You might also go to the Astrodienst free charts pages. Look where the asteroid Urania is placed in your chart. Urania was the ancient muse of astrology.

I have Uranus conjunct my MC; and Mercury in Uranus-ruled Aquarius in mutual reception with Saturn in Mercury-ruled Virgo (traditional) and in mutual reception with Uranus in Mercury-ruled Gemini. Urania conjuncts my Mercury-Venus conjunctions.

But really, if you look at the charts of professional astrologers, they are all over the map. I think astrologers come from different approaches: some are more intuitive and some are more mental about it.

But Prettypower, I don't know how long you have been studying astrology, but it took me years to really get the knack of synthesizing a horoscope. The process really jelled once I started to read charts for people here and at Astrodienst. Please be patient with yourself, but also read charts on-line. It's OK to be wrong so long as you qualify your remarks when reading for someone in distress.

dowhanawi

I have found this thread very interesting. I can see in both my daughters charts strong points for astrology. My eldest daughter is 1/4 Roma so for her I think its inherited also (and her gran taught her tea leaves also). I read tarot more easily. Astrology fascinates me (I'm Gemini sun & mercury, and a lot of things fascinate me). I think Pluto in 3rd gives me some of it. When I do charts (people I know) I spend about a week fleshing it out and a lot of it just staring at the chart feeling it (moon in Pisces). I'm stuck on my Hubby's chart though, omostly cuz it visually looks disturbing to me. So I have rambled around your question here :) but I think its a knowledge/intuition hand in hand kind of thing.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Looking at my chart, you'd probably think that I'm inclined to philosophy/religion/"the big questions" but does astrology jump out? Not imo.

Mercury is weak both by house and sign and Uranus doesn't do much (although he is parallel the Sun). If you think of astrology as a 3rd/9th house matter then you can start to see a glimmer of it coming out (especially if my chart is viewed through whole signs).

My draw to astrology was wholly down to curiosity. No existential crises, no burning love interest, no convincing from friends, just good old fashioned "what the hell is this all about?" Astrology is a lot of fun if I do say so myself.

RaRohini

Hi Prettypower!
Im a student of vedic astrology.i started reading my own horoscope but i heard one should not do that and i stopped midway. But i know i have a Gemini Stellium(Sun Mercury and Saturn) Moon Taurus jupiter in Aquarius and Rahu in Scorpio.
Hope this helps !

dowhanawi

Hi Prettypower!
Im a student of vedic astrology.i started reading my own horoscope but i heard one should not do that and i stopped midway. But i know i have a Gemini Stellium(Sun Mercury and Saturn) Moon Taurus jupiter in Aquarius and Rahu in Scorpio.
Hope this helps !

A stellium is 4 planets with no more then one being a personal planet. So they would be all conjunct but not really a stellium.

Not reading your own is very interesting to me as I have trouble reading my own. Thanks for sharing this.

dowhanawi

Looking at my chart, you'd probably think that I'm inclined to philosophy/religion/"the big questions" but does astrology jump out? Not imo.

Mercury is weak both by house and sign and Uranus doesn't do much (although he is parallel the Sun). If you think of astrology as a 3rd/9th house matter then you can start to see a glimmer of it coming out (especially if my chart is viewed through whole signs).

My draw to astrology was wholly down to curiosity. No existential crises, no burning love interest, no convincing from friends, just good old fashioned "what the hell is this all about?" Astrology is a lot of fun if I do say so myself.

I think astrology falls into the big questions of how doea life work (philosophy, religion/science) and yes I consider religion and science to be closely tied together aa they both look at the mystery of life with a combo of fact and theory, and I don't see one as dispelling the other, I see them as complimentary. So I would say you just come at it from a different perspective

waybread

I have found this thread very interesting. I can see in both my daughters charts strong points for astrology. My eldest daughter is 1/4 Roma so for her I think its inherited also (and her gran taught her tea leaves also). I read tarot more easily. Astrology fascinates me (I'm Gemini sun & mercury, and a lot of things fascinate me). I think Pluto in 3rd gives me some of it. When I do charts (people I know) I spend about a week fleshing it out and a lot of it just staring at the chart feeling it (moon in Pisces). I'm stuck on my Hubby's chart though, omostly cuz it visually looks disturbing to me. So I have rambled around your question here :) but I think its a knowledge/intuition hand in hand kind of thing.

I don't dispute that some people have second-sight, a 6th sense, "psi" abilities, or whatever we wish to call it. It is a big asset for an astrologer.

david starling

I discovered early on that being empathic, while it gave me insight, was also a problem when practicing face to face astrology--too much personal connection.

dowhanawi

I discovered early on that being empathic, while it gave me insight, was also a problem when practicing face to face astrology--too much personal connection.

That it can! One time I was doing a synestry chart for a well respected couple I'm our community. I came across a hidden, likely illegal secret that would ruin the career of the one involved and impact the other. I thought well that's odd. And starred and stared and saw it all. I always talk with both individually then as a couple (thankfully). I said to the one "you have a dangerous secret, it will destroy you and this relationship if you don't deal with it". And I left it at that. I was shocked when I was 100% right as I just couldn't believe it myself. I haven't done synestry for people since. I still struggle with that one. I will never forget the day her family thought she disappeared and called me to see if my eldest could see where she was. I said " I dont need to ask her cuz I think she's in jail". And was told that was ridiculous, so they asked my eldest who said the same and she was.

RaRohini

I don't dispute that some people have second-sight, a 6th sense, "psi" abilities, or whatever we wish to call it. It is a big asset for an astrologer.

Hi dohanawi and waybread ,

Waybread i too have Sun and Mercury in the third ..Cheers! But i feel it is the Saturn retograde (also in the third) that compels me to look inwards.I feel that the Saturn effect was the starting point of my interest in astrology..understanding myself. In Hindu astrology, there are three ways to reach God 1. Karma yoga-do your duty against all odds ( this may be the path for say, people with dominant Virgo or Capricorn) 2.Bhakti yoga - Blind devotion and sacrifice (watery planets like Pisces may follow this path and music may be a pathway) and 3.Gyana Yoga - Understanding the universe through knowledge - like astrology .Gemini like planets. No one path is superior than another.
Sorry for the bad English. Not my native tongue.

Last edited:

dowhanawi

Yes, RaRohini; I think seeking knowledge is likely a very strong driver for astrology. Good point. Important too. Not needed for use, but for want. My eldest has unbelievable talent but lacks the drive for knowledge. She will read for people when needed. Play around for fun with family but for her it ends there. He sister and I are driven by desire for knowledge.

RaRohini

Yes, RaRohini; I think seeking knowledge is likely a very strong driver for astrology. Good point. Important too. Not needed for use, but for want. My eldest has unbelievable talent but lacks the drive for knowledge. She will read for people when needed. Play around for fun with family but for her it ends there. He sister and I are driven by desire for knowledge.
True dowhanawi !
I had a childish attitude to it as well. But some events in my life triggered the introspection. With great knowledge comes great responsibility and the Gemini in me is very uncomfortable with this 😃