What is the most violent aspect?

Vista

I have to disagree...I have personally experienced violence from a Gemini 12th house Mars and nearly ended up dead-literally, it was only because of sheer luck I managed to escape,otherwise I would have been dead.

I also know some 12th house Mars people,two more actually,one of them is also in jail for killing a friend ( funny thing,the Gemini Mars that attempted to kill me,is in jail also for a previous offence-murdering his friend )

EDIT: I just checked my transits my for the near date when I was attacked,transit uranus was squaring my natal sun in my 4th,but transit jupiter was also there

Mars in the 12th house was the only challenging aspect he had in his chart? A lot of Mars in the 12th house people had problems in their childhood from not being heard or not feeling that their opinion was important. It's like that old saying, "children should be seen and not heard." Because of this I think there is potential for pent up rage or passive aggressiveness as I have stated before. An old boyfriend of mine had Mars in the 12th house and he fits this description perfectly. But then again he also had Moon in the 12th(not conjunct Mars) too, Mars square Neptune, and Cap Sun conjunct Mercury. These were the only challenging aspects in his chart...and he was extremely argumentative, a bully, and a know it all. Of course I knew much of this came from his horrible childhood, which I won't go into, but it was no excuse for his horrible behavior. It took nothing for him to fly off the handle, in particular with women who he always seemed to be fighting with.

Again, it's all what you make of it through free will. And I agree with Bobzemco, without hard aspects we would never get anywhere in life.

Arijana

Mars in the 12th house was the only challenging aspect he had in his chart? A lot of Mars in the 12th house people had problems in their childhood from not being heard or not feeling that their opinion was important. It's like that old saying, "children should be seen and not heard." Because of this I think there is potential for pent up rage or passive aggressiveness as I have stated before. An old boyfriend of mine had Mars in the 12th house and he fits this description perfectly. But then again he also had Moon in the 12th(not conjunct Mars) too, Mars square Neptune, and Cap Sun conjunct Mercury. These were the only challenging aspects in his chart...and he was extremely argumentative, a bully, and a know it all. Of course I knew much of this came from his horrible childhood, which I won't go into, but it was no excuse for his horrible behavior. It took nothing for him to fly off the handle, in particular with women who he always seemed to be fighting with.

Again, it's all what you make of it through free will. And I agree with Bobzemco, without hard aspects we would never get anywhere in life.

No,he had some other aspects,though none seemingly hard enough but explosive maybe. interesting is that his natal Uranus is in his 4th house squaring his ascendant...so it looks like one day he will dies from his sword,and/or that fate may catch up on him one day,since as far as I am told,he caused a lot of suffering..he was arrested for a few attempted homicides,and let free,because the police is corrupt and he took advantage of that,he was once jailed for having explosives,the way he killed his friend was especially....cruel. he waited for him with 2 of his friends in his car at night,and his friend was coming out from the club and the 2 guys in the car started getting cold feet and he just walked out of the car came right up to his friend and shot him multiple times right in the middle of the street.

though I understand what you mean,an ex boyfriend of mine also has 12th house Mars and he is a know it all,and very,very agrgumentative and can get violent,although is a great soul :) that I have met,so he doesn't let that nature of him harm anyone...yet,although he has,but never without a really just cause,he never laied a hand on anyone who didn't lay a hand on him. Don't know,just,Mars in 12th,lots of bottled anger...that just explodes. The whole thing about ''strong '' Mars placements ( Capricorn etc. ) go down the drain,the most violent Mars I've seen first in Gemini,than in Cancer,I've heard Mars in Pisces is crazy also.

Arijana

I'm not a violent person. I use to be in a negative environment where I had to deal with bully types. I handled it as well as I could at the time, and didn't change myself t Maybe bully types have typically "weak" Mars energy so they feel the need to target others on uneven playing fields.
o fit in.

I prefer this definition instead, and I like to believe this can apply to myself also, lol.

Maybe this is the point- ''weak'' Mars wants to be strong. My ex boyfriend with Mars in 12th is a professional astrologer,incredibly talented and insightfull,but he was so adamant in proving that ''strong'' Mars ( Capricorn and the rest ) where the weak ones,and that weaker Mars positions are where real power lies

then again,he wasn't a bully or played uneven,he does karate for,nearly forever and was close to winning the state championships most of the times,always top of his game,big fighting spirit ( Mars on asc ) ,a very strong fighter :)

Arijana

I could see how a "weak" Mars would want to be strong and more focused about it. I don't believe all "weak" Mars types are inclined to be bullies, rather bullies might have this, and other aspects in their chart, along with a negative use of free will and prefer to act in a bullying manner.

I put the word "weak" in quotes because I don't really believe one type of Mars is stronger/has more power than another, rather there are just different expressions of it.

yeah,I get what you wanted to say. That ex of mine even got in an argument with another astrologer who said to him he can't possibly compare Mars in for instance Capricorn or Leo,and Cancer and he got fired up basically saying how Mars in weaker placements is much more stronger than any,and that basically they all could kick our as.ses ,he talked how ''stronger'' Mars placements are slow,not really agressive whilst he always praised how Pisces,Gemini,Cancer Mars are violent...Although,like I said,he used his agressivenes in the best place possible where he very much ( deservingly so :) ) exceled. There is something in what you say-they may think they are strong,but they are not because they can't control themselfes, not controling yourself is sign of weakness in character,strong Mars people I believe can chanell their anger even when angry,it's the weaker Mars people they just fly of the handle many times.

I've met a Mars in Leo,actually I know two,and both people are intimidating,especially the first,but they never really blow up-but if they do God help you-they know they are strong so they don't need to...over-prove anything.

Casey729

I read a careless generalization that nevertheless makes some sense: the darkest souls have the most harmonious charts. Think about it, a hard aspect makes you hurt, dig deep, pay attention, learn. Mars square Pluto, for example, would not mean only hurt to others, but a major issue to the chart holder, so to speak. The native doesn`t GET AWAY with this aspect. On the other hand, Mars trine Pluto makes the native comfy with anger and its manifestations. It`s NATURAL and HARMONIOUS to HIM but maybe not to others. Although, depending on other factors, it may just make the native strong, not necessarily with a minus sign. I know two people with a Grand Trine that are amazingly self-righteous, and would walk over other people`s heads without a wink thinking themselves regular saints with a divine purpose. And I know one that is just happy-go-lucky, live and let live, positive energy bursting from every pore. So... go figure. Not that clean cut.

BobZemco

I prefer this definition instead, and I like to believe this can apply to myself also, lol.

Well, why can't it?

The whole purpose of doing a natal chart is to assess your abilities, strengths and weaknesses (and admittedly it takes some objectivity for one to acknowledge that they have weaknesses and realistically assess their strengths).

Once you've done that, you want to look at your progressions to see how your life will unfold and what areas will be emphasized.

Then you want to use transits, Returns, Electional and Horary to pin down the best times to take advantage of your strengths, and the best time to put your weaknesses on a shelf, or maybe in a box over there along the side of the motorway.

Horus

I have Mars in Aries, first house, retrograde.

I'm not a violent person.

Yeah i had a feeling my comment was going to bounce back on me right after i hit submit! LOL! Ok so I take it back! Bad generalization.

I put the word "weak" in quotes because I don't really believe one type of Mars is stronger/has more power than another, rather there are just different expressions of it.

I do. I have Mars in detrimental Libra weighing options endlessly, procrastinating, etc. I'd much rather have it in Scorpio instead. Maybe in the next life!

Last edited:

Inconjunct

Yes, Bob, you're quite right and I should have been more circumspect in my use of language - aggression is a normal human impulse, without which we would achieve nothing. Mars represents that drive in us, and we can choose to use his energies well or poorly. Any hard aspects to Mars also would have to be judged with regard to the totality of the chart, I would guess, so that a strong Saturn might help to discipline and channel some of the "violent" potential shown by a hard-aspected Mars; likewise a strong Jupiter might cause these same planetary energies to spin out of control. And as you eloquently point out, the house positions are vital.

Vista

We haven't talked much about Mars being RX in the natal chart or unaspected by major aspects and it relating to violence or violence being committed on them. This can take on an interesting dynamic too. I have read that natal Mars RX have a hard time sticking up for themselves and will get bullied. They can also keep things bottled up and then exploded inappropriately. I know this is another generalization, however for me as an unaspected natal Mars in Leo RX, I have experienced this myself mostly in my childhood and early adulthood. As I have matured, this doesn't seem to be as much of a problem. Any thoughts?

Vista

This has been the case for me too. Your Mars is in Leo, so your Sun is in Aquarius. Maybe it was extra difficult to have an air Sun and retrograde fire Mars.

Actually my Sun is in Capricorn, but I am Aries rising so Mars is still important in my chart. It has been a little difficult integrating those energies.

Hurin

I think mars in Aquarius is more violent with a fire sign sun is involved. The mars in Aries i know are not that violent.

Mars in Aquarius pretty much kick away any moral rules opposed on them. Charles Bronson (the criminal) as this with a Sag sun and pluto/moon in Leo.

Arijana

I think mars in Aquarius is more violent with a fire sign sun is involved. The mars in Aries i know are not that violent.

Mars in Aquarius pretty much kick away any moral rules opposed on them. Charles Bronson (the criminal) as this with a Sag sun and pluto/moon in Leo.

Uu, yes,I agree with this,I've been told Mars in Aquarius is the most explosive and dangerous combination..I have progressed Mars in Aqua now:devil:
I've also been told Mars in Scorpio is * prayandrunlikethewindfromthem* type.

Though I don't think we should look at only Mars for aggression.
Having Uranus in bad spots can be a b.i.tch too

Hurin

I have mars in Scorpio. You have the Stalin kind and the bruce lee/mel gibson kind.

I think most Mars in Scorpio's are the Stalin kind, the brewing type. It takes a lot to get a Mars in Scorpio out in the open.

Arijana

I think it would also help if we posted charts of people who we know in RL to see what makes them so violent and compare.

this was the man that nearly murdered me

About Mars in Sco being brewing...don't know,maybe it is,I just heard that it's horrible when they unleash their angers.

Vista

I agree, the boyfriend I had with Mars in Aquarius in the 12th was the biggest bully of all. He is all about payback and making people feel inferior. He is a Capricorn though with Sun Conjunct Mer in Cap.

Vista

I think it would also help if we posted charts of people who we know in RL to see what makes them so violent and compare.

this was the man that nearly murdered me

About Mars in Sco being brewing...don't know,maybe it is,I just heard that it's horrible when they unleash their angers.

I would be really interested in seeing this but for some reason when I click on it, it goes to some imaging website. It's weird. Would you be able to attach this as an enlarged attachment? I know some people are able to do this, but I am not sure how.

I would think Mars in Scorpio and Aries would be natural positions for Mars and that they would feel at home there, so to speak.

Arijana

I used another image hosting website,hope it's viewable now.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2ltmr6g.gif

He's also very much connected with drugs,as on his mobile phone there is a footage of him sniffing cocaine with the police..no wonder they only held him in custody for 48 hours when he murdered his friends. Although,he is now in jail,for another murder.

Hurin

Take it from me, a mars in Scorpio isn't all that cracked up to be if the rest of the chart isn't there to support it.