Sun/Jupiter conjunction and feeling horrible

anjelik

I thought Jupiter was supposed to be a planet that brought good energy. I have been feeling so lazy and disgusted with myself ever since Jupiter entered Pisces. Today Jupiter is exactly conjunct my natal sun in the 1st house and I am on the verge of tears (actually, I have been crying and feeling sorry for myself). I have gained weight and I have a bridesmaid dress to wear in two weeks. I am normally so disciplined when I put my mind to it and this transit hast just made me not even realize I've gained weight and my dress barely fits.

I am HATING this energy. I am crying and feeling sorry for myself. Is it Jupiter or another transit that could be affecting me? I can't wait to rid myself of this pity party energy.

Attachments

• J Transits.jpg
    J Transits.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 57

ElenaJ

Jupiter expands, and one way of doing this is by putting on extra weight!
Natal sun is on the 2nd house cusp, that rules your sense of self esteem, and its in very sensitive emotional pisces, that exposes itself in tears.
Jupiter has been conjunct, and when you asked the question sun was there, triggering the crisis of self confidence.
Natal sun trine natal Jupiter would normally bolster your emotions, but transiting Uranus is currently opposing that Jupiter.
Pluto transits your ascendent, imposing transformation. You've also had Saturn on mercury, trying to get you to sit down and think about your values in life but really weighing you down with this. And transiting Uranus is touching this point as well.
Feelings of wanting to break free, wanting to change yourself, but shy of making the move.
Your mercury is trine mars/saturn, so you have a good intellectual capacity, now you have to start employing it more.
About the dress, you may have had the fitting when Saturn was closer to your ascendent, slimming you down. You might want to alter it for the wedding.
Or change it! Use pluto to your advantage.

Astrologer Joseph

Hi Angelik

My suggestion is to use the equal house system with chart interpretation. This would place your Sun in the second house, and yes with Jupiter transiting this house it can bring weight gain. But this can be linked to lots of things, only you know the root cause. Sometimes we gain weight in life because we are not feeling secure, our self-esteem is going though its paces, or we may feel secure but we get too comfortable and thus feel lazy/inactive. Jupiter does expand the energy of the house it enters, and it's not always a positive expansion but it always brings learnings and self-knowledge (i.e. we can learn through the hard way or learn through the easy way).

Once Venus moves over the Ascendant and into the first house this can bring a better feeling of your self-image, and it should also bring praise by others and the world about your appearance. You have Venus there natally conjunct the Ascendant, this is said to be a blessing but with Venus the trap is getting stuck in superficial 'beauty'. We are all getting older, so the best beauty is the type on the inside as this does not age when our external form changes.

Lastly, Jupiter's transit will be exacerbating your Sun's square to your Uranus and Moon. This can lead to an emotionally unsettled time and restlessness, where your self-identity is in a kind of standoff match with your inner rebel and your need to for self-nurture.

Astrologer Joseph

waybread

anjelik, nobody is stopping you from putting an end to your "pity party!" If you want to end it, end it. By now you should know a few ways to shake yourself out of the doldrums.

Can your bridesmaid dress be altered at the (or a) bridal shop before the wedding? Otherwise a good morale booster might be a major focus on physical fitness, preferably out-of-doors. Something like a good power walk. As a sun Pisces, if you live near an ocean or a large body of water, walking by the shore should be beneficial.

One thing about Jupiter's transit to your sun is that it will activate all of those stressful aspects involving your sun-- namely a T-square involving your moon and Uranus, plus a Thor's Hammer involving your moon and Saturn.

anjelik

Sorry for the late replies. I actually never got any notifications on this post until now. I did end up slimming down a few pounds just to fit into the dress. But to be honest I am not where I want to be and find myself unusually unmotivated to take the weight off, despite my unhappiness. I am usually very disciplined when it comes to maintaining my weight, so I don't know why I can't seem to stay on the wagon like I usually do once I set my mind to something. I am not overweight by society's standards. I am just heavier than I feel attractive being. My husband doesn't seem to care and tells me I am beautiful so at least I have that going for me. Perhaps once Jupiter enters Aries I will get the motivation I need.

waybread

Or perhaps you will become less judgmental about yourself, and accept a more self-affirming body image.

If your husband thinks you are beautiful as you are, why should you argue with him?

anjelik

Or perhaps you will become less judgmental about yourself, and accept a more self-affirming body image.

If your husband thinks you are beautiful as you are, why should you argue with him?

Hahaha... I was TRYING to do that and do intuitive eating.. and intuitively I just keep eating. :biggrin: I think I was enjoying that Jupiter transit a bit too much....rich food and wine! But also I have a 4 year old who wakes up 3-4 nights a week and it is exhausting to get up and start working out like I used to. She wakes more than my 2 year old (she never wakes up unless she's unwell).

I am glad that I have a spouse who finds me attractive and even when I put weight on after children he never minded or has said a word. But it's more to do with me than how he feels about me. He tells me I look great all the time. I was overweight as a child and teen so a lot of my self-esteem is tied to not being fat.

anjelik

One thing about Jupiter's transit to your sun is that it will activate all of those stressful aspects involving your sun-- namely a T-square involving your moon and Uranus, plus a Thor's Hammer involving your moon and Saturn.

I have been trying to read about Thor's hammer since this is the first time someone has pointed that out to me. Is mine between my Sun, Moon and Saturn?

IleneK

Premium Member
What is a Thor's hammer?

Thor's Hammer is an aspect pattern consisting of a square (90 degrees) and two sesiquadrate (135 degrees) interconnecting aspects. It is part of the dynamic series of aspects that are based on the 8th harmonic (45 degree) aspect series.