Mars in Scorpio in the 8th House

TheSaturnGaze

Hello all- I already love you guys,

I have Mars in Scorpio in the 8th house and I wanted to start a thread about it, hoping you could chime in about YOUR experiences as a Mars Scorpio/8th house person or someone you know who has this placement.

Here is my take: I think Mars represents a few things (How we want to be perceived, how we go about getting things we want, our sex drive, how we project our sex appeal, our desires). As a MIS/8th House, I am very obsessive and intense when I want things; I feel comfortable and would love to be seen as a sex symbol; I seduce and persuade to get what I want; I love to investigate and dig up information and am an an adept researcher; I love mystery stories and murder mysteries and twist endings; my favorite love story is "Wuthering Heights" b/c Heathcliff is so intense and an anti-hero protagonist.

But I have one strange thing that I've noticed, pls let me know if you have noticed this too (pls note, I have no virgo or taurus placements, that pertains to what I'm about to say), I really, really dislike Taurus people. I find them obstinate, gluttonous, small minded, and greedy. Bear with me before imploding because I'm actually asking for insight into my own complicated nature.

Most Scorpios love Taurus, b/c Taurus is their opposite, and your opposite can balance you out, so to speak, but I find Taurus overly loud and pushy and just a general pain in the *** (think Nigel Farage and Kanye West- both have Mercury and Venus in Taurus). I also tend to dominate Taurus Mars people, in general. I stand up to Taurus Mars, I do not capitulate to their erroneous demands and always show enormous backbone and they LOVE me for it, almost in a fatal attraction kind of way. What's the deal? Let me know your thoughts and Thank You for responding in advance.

["Taurus is awful" type comments go in the Chat forum - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

sibylline

I don't have Mars in Scorpio or 8th but I do know many with one or the other. The Mars in Scorp is a pretty determined, focused placement; a good sign for Mars. The 8th house Mars depends on sign, aspects, etc.

Generally Mars doesn't show how we want to be perceived though...that would be more into angles of the chart. There are probably other factors going on in your chart that add to your Mars placement. The 8th house and Scorpio are both private, deeply buried.

I think Taurus is lovely. Taurus is the opposite of loud and pushy, generally, unless hard aspects predominate. I think the behavior of the men you mentioned can be attributed to other factors.

buggiebw

I've dated a 8 house person. pretty intense.
Eight house person, or scorpios, or rising scorpio could be called plutonian . You carry quite amount of plutonian energy.
Mars scorpio and in 8th, the things that you would do for sex drive and other things that you want lol
wheres your venus?

jollyzal

Banned
I don't have Mars in Scorpio or 8th but I do know many with one or the other. The Mars in Scorp is a pretty determined, focused placement; a good sign for Mars. The 8th house Mars depends on sign, aspects, etc.

Generally Mars doesn't show how we want to be perceived though...that would be more into angles of the chart. There are probably other factors going on in your chart that add to your Mars placement. The 8th house and Scorpio are both private, deeply buried.

I think Taurus is lovely. Taurus is the opposite of loud and pushy, generally, unless hard aspects predominate. I think the behavior of the men you mentioned can be attributed to other factors.

I've Mars in Scorpio in the 4th. I agree completely. I don't others to know my motivations or goals. I'm emotional on the inside.

rollindays

I have Mars in Scorpio in the 8th house and I wanted to start a thread about it, hoping you could chime in about YOUR experiences as a Mars Scorpio/8th house person or someone you know who has this placement.

Here is my take: I think Mars represents a few things (How we want to be perceived, how we go about getting things we want, our sex drive, how we project our sex appeal, our desires). As a MIS/8th House, I am very obsessive and intense when I want things; I feel comfortable and would love to be seen as a sex symbol; I seduce and persuade to get what I want; I love to investigate and dig up information and am an an adept researcher; I love mystery stories and murder mysteries and twist endings; my favorite love story is "Wuthering Heights" b/c Heathcliff is so intense and an anti-hero protagonist.

But I have one strange thing that I've noticed, pls let me know if you have noticed this too (pls note, I have no virgo or taurus placements, that pertains to what I'm about to say), I really, really dislike Taurus people. I find them obstinate, gluttonous, small minded, and greedy. Bear with me before imploding because I'm actually asking for insight into my own complicated nature.

Most Scorpios love Taurus, b/c Taurus is their opposite, and your opposite can balance you out, so to speak, but I find Taurus overly loud and pushy and just a general pain in the *** (think Nigel Farage and Kanye West- both have Mercury and Venus in Taurus). I also tend to dominate Taurus Mars people, in general. I stand up to Taurus Mars, I do not capitulate to their erroneous demands and always show enormous backbone and they LOVE me for it, almost in a fatal attraction kind of way. What's the deal? Let me know your thoughts and Thank You for responding in advance.

Mars in Scorpio is different from Venus or Mercury in Scorpio. But all are intense placements, and have some commonalities.

I have my Rising, Mercury, Venus in Scorpio. My ex-gf had her Mercury and Venus in Taurus: in opposition. Opposition creates deep attraction/spark; but also a lot of conflicts. I do not consider oppositions to be good, and I feel our synastry chart was too unstable. It is very hard for that sort of relationship to last forever, unless serious adjustments are made on both sides to improve the longevity of the relationship.

rollindays

Btw, people with Taurus placements are generally stable; unless they have some planet conjunct to "Algol". That is trouble. Kanye West has his Mercury conjunct Algol, and some of his music videos (like "Monster") are extremely graphic and violent.

TheSaturnGaze

Many Dictators are Taurus or have Taurus somewhere in their charts. For example:

1.Pol Pot (born May 19, 1925). Communist who took over Cambodia in 1976 and instituted a policy of torture and murder which resulted in the deaths of over a million Cambodians.

2.Ayatollah Khomeini (born May 17, 1900). Led a revolution which converted Iran from a secular monarchy to a theocracy led by Muslim fundamentalists. Waged war on Iraq and started that whole "Islam vs. America" thing.

3.Saddam Hussein (born April 28, 1937). Dictator of Iraq; former enemy of Khomeini, frequent enemy of the US. No weapons of mass destruction, but plenty of dead Iraqis during his reign.

4.Adolf Hitler (born April 20, 1889). This man needs no introduction, but there is some disagreement as to whether Hitler was a Taurus or an Aries, as some horoscopes have Taurus commencing on April 21. Majority rules, though, so I'm going with April 20.

5.Catherine the Great (born May 2, 1729). Though revered by Russians for making St. Petersburg a world-class city, Catherine came to power thanks to a military coup against her own husband, who was soon murdered. She waged two wars against the Ottoman empire, conquering lands and having countless innocents killed in the name of Russian expansion. Such expansion would not be seen again until the Soviet Revolution.

6.Vladimir Ilyich Lenin (born April 22, 1870). Speaking of Soviets... Lenin believed in violence to achieve his ends, and after a bloody revolution, he led an even bloodier civil war against Russian reactionaries who didn't care to become Marxists. (Karl Marx was a Taurus, too.) Just as he started to realize that his beliefs were too harsh for a nation suffering from famine, Lenin was incapacitated by a number of strokes, and the irrefutably nasty Stalin (a Capricorn) succeeded him, against his wishes.

7.Oliver Cromwell (born April 25, 1599) Power-mad military strategist and "Lord Protector of England" who invaded Scotland, Ireland, and France in the most brutal conquest in English history, organized massacres left and right, and almost became King after bringing his old boss Charles I to trial and execution.
Ho Chi Minh (born May 19, 1890) Vietnamese Communist leader who invaded South Vietnam in order to force it to unite with newly-Communist North Vietnam - which involved fighting the French, the Americans, and other partisan nations. He succeeded, of course.

8. Niccolo Machiavelli (born May 3, 1469)

9.Robespierre (May 6, 1758, Arras, France) in the French Revolution

10.Rudolph Hess - Nazi (April 26, 1894)

11.Roger Ailes, who was the Chief exec of FOX News and has now resigned because he bullied and harassed women on the job is a Taurus.

12.Nigel Farage who can't seem to stop imposing his outdated views on people has Taurus in Venus and Mercury.

I never said all Taureans were like this (no sign is just one thing for obvious reasons) , but the sign undoubtedly has very outdated views and can be overly aggressive.

I see Taurus as the bully of the zodiac. They like to yell their demands and squash people who don't agree. Ive also found that many Taureans love MMA, they like violence a lot and different types of physical fighting ( keep in mind, Capricorn rules boxing, while Taurus rules MMA).

Money holds more importance to them than any other sign Ive known. The adage, "I'll do anything for the right price", was probably created by a Taurus. When wads of cash are at stake, all principles go out the window.

They are also prone to hoarding.

sibylline

^...I don't get it.

If you've had bad experiences with Taurus, that doesn't make it a bad sign. I'll agree that those are some of the negative expressions of Taurus but simply placing the Sun or other planet in Taurus doesn't mean it will express itself on the negative side. The majority of those you listed have an angular Saturn, especially Saturn in 1st. That's probably significant.

Look at it this way, I can make a list as long as yours...

Many humanitarians are Taurus or have Taurus "somewhere in the chart":

Mother Teresa (Moon, Saturn in Taurus)

Oskar Schindler (Sun in Taurus)

Florence Nightingale (Sun, Moon in Taurus)

Martin Luther King Jr. (Taurus Ascendant)

Princess Diana (Venus in Taurus)

Kofi Annan, former UN Secretary, Nobel Peace Prize recipient (Mercury, Venus, Mars, Uranus in Taurus)

Martti Ahtisaari, Finnish president, Nobel Prize (Venus, Uranus in Taurus)

I could continue, but I think the point is clear. As far as Mars or other planets in Scorpio, we could make two lists on those as well. Also, unless this website is yours, it is courtesy to give citations if you copy and paste.

Kitchy

Banned
Mars in Scorpio in 8th is a daunting enemy, but it is also a placement of great loyalty and determination to pass on some type of legacy, of self or for humanity.

Astrochologist

Mars in the 8th house, in Scorpio has a malefic effect. Think of someone who is a thief or steals ideas/physical property from others.

On the positive side this can play out as an adept at refurbishing and rejuvenating things that were thought of as trash by others. Like rehabbing houses, taking vintage items and fixing them for resale.

or1000

Mars in the 8th house, in Scorpio has a malefic effect. Think of someone who is a thief or steals ideas/physical property from others.

On the positive side this can play out as an adept at refurbishing and rejuvenating things that were thought of as trash by others. Like rehabbing houses, taking vintage items and fixing them for resale.

mars 8th i know can be very secretive in their endeavours, and sneaky. i wouldn't say disagree with this.

Lykanized

We have to get to a certain point in our personal development where we're able to gaze into our shadow. Chances are, if you can't stand Taurus people but you're a strongly Scorpionic individual, you may not be far enough into your development to accept the beauty of Taurus traits and realize that you yourself do actually have them too

I once read of shadows... that which we despise is probably what we exhibit in ourselves but have yet to own
So I find this to be true of people who despise certain signs too

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
Please get back on topic, to All

All,

Please get back on topic: this thread is about Mars in Scorpio in the 8th house. If you simply want to complain about the sign Taurus do so in the "Chat" forum since there's no depth of astrology to that sort of discussion so it doesn't go in the main astrology forum.

Back on topic,

Tim

katydid

My husband has Mars in Scorpio in the 8th house. And he is an Aries, so that Mars is important to him.

His Mars is in a very tight Water Grand trine with Moon in Cancer and Venus in Pisces. So they are all exalted and in water houses.

So I think his Mars in the 8th in Scorpio is highly effective and beneficial. He is a very compassionate and empathetic soul. Every one LOVES him because he is very nurturing and sensitive in his interactions/relationships.

He is very creative and is an artist with many talents. Writer, musician, actor, song writer...And he makes a good living doing these creative things.

I think one of the reasons he has been successful is that he truly makes 'connections' with people. Thus he found ways to break into the entertainment industry by forging alliances and getting hired on jobs, even before he had a resume.

Mars in Scorpio in the 8th has been a godsend for him. He wrote his first 'jokebook' when he was 6 yrs old. And now, at 65, he is still writing 'jokes' and selling them for a good price thanks to the Writers Guild. :whistling:

redfishdreams

Hi, sorry if bumping old threads is not allowed (new here) but I just wanted to share some thoughts about this placement, as I'm studying the chart of a person with "Mars 20°16' Scorpio, in House VIII" - square Venus. What this placement is mostly about is secrets, hiding, control AND uncontrollable sexuality especially during their teens. This person had a relentless sexuality that got the person into trouble, also certain traits of personal poor hygiene that I'm not sure come from here, from some sort of self-sabotage. Early 20s, the person radically changes on the exterior, with many successful facades. It's a problematic placement. As opposed to simple Sun/Moon/Rising Scorpio energy, this placement is super sneaky, a hermit with a thing for intense drama and certain self-damage. It's kinky but not in a healthy, self-exploring way. Again, control, deep fear of abandonment issues.

The interesting thing is how the rest of the chart is balanced. Person is a Leo Sun/Moon/Venus, with Aries rising... on the exterior, a total charmer with no problems in the field of seduction. Person is very physically attractive, which makes the "easy to get what I want" an addiction. The object of desire therefore becomes an actual object and the person is trying very hard, during mid 30s, to work on this. As the easy to get thing is the opposite of easy to maintain a stable, long term relationship. I've noticed Person's longest RS is with a younger, impressionable and financially dependent person, probably willing to accept the terms of the RS: total control, total "partner in crime" (person's textual words) situation. To me it's one of the most problematic placements of Scorpio energy.

astroturf

mars in scorpio in the 8th house.... big 3 are virgo sun leo moon pisces rising... anyone have any takes on this? i have this feeling of unsurpassed power that is within me, and i am my own worse enemy that keeps myself from harnessing that is in which there....could it be from my saturn being in pisces... and with it being my chart ruler dominating from my ascendant and my fear of acceptance prevent me ?

Last edited:

AstrologyMangalBhawan

Mars, which people consider to be the commander of the planets, is now maintaining its current position in the eighth house. This event is important for a common interesting personality and society, because it generates new enthusiasm and possibilities of change in our lives. During this time, Mars plays a particularly important role in Scorpio due to its energy and properties.

Scorpio, known as the highway of planets, refers to extreme depths and mysteries. The placement of Mars in this zodiac takes its energy to a new level and its influence can bring positive changes in our lives.

Mars taking place in Scorpio is an exciting event, which makes us more enthusiastic. During this time, our energy can be channeled in a new direction and we can gain new strength to achieve our goals.

Under the influence of Mars in Scorpio, there may be an increase in sensitivity and passion in our lives. We may feel greater sensitivity and commitment to our goals, bringing a sense of excitement and inspiration to our actions.

On this occasion, we should be prepared for positive changes in our personal and professional lives. We need to show more sensitivity and commitment towards our goals, so that we can move forward with success in our life.

Before the end, the important time of Mars' placement in Scorpio encourages us to discover a new energy in ourselves. It is time for us to recognize our capabilities and move towards sensitivity. By taking advantage of this opportunity, we can make ourselves stronger and ready to achieve our dreams.

Therefore, this time of Mars' placement in Scorpio inspires new direction and enthusiasm in our lives. We should take advantage of this opportunity and prepare our lives for positive changes. With this, we can move towards our goals with more sensitivity and commitment and take our lives to new heights of success.