Horary: Will Kavanaugh Succeed Today?

watcherofthesouth

I've never asked a Horary question before so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right. Do I need to ask the question and draw the chart? Thanks, Astrologers!

Oddity

Unless you're Kavanaugh, someone who works for him, or one of the other potential candidates, this horary isn't worth much.

watcherofthesouth

Let's see Pluto (power) in Capricorn (Old men/system) giving power to moon in the 6th house of work. Not sure what the moon represents. Sun (gov) in Libra (Supreme Court) backed by the president at 5 degrees leo/king. Venus (women) in Scorpio (wanting an investigation) and Jupiter squaring moon. Saturn delaying Sun (govt). Mars (angry) in 2nd house (words/communication) of Aquarius (disconnected) exchanged with Venus (women). Uranus in Taurus - last minute surprise? I don't think it will go through.

Osamenor

Staff member
Unless you're Kavanaugh, someone who works for him, or one of the other potential candidates, this horary isn't worth much.

Hmmm.... seems to me that everyone, particularly Americans who are not privileged straight white men, even more particularly survivors of sexual violence, has a stake in this. I understand that for a horary to be valid, the question has to be asked by someone who has a personal stake in the matter--is that correct?

In the case of something that's current world affairs, though, so many people have more or less the same stake in it that it may not be valid for one person to cast a horary about it.

Is there any way for a horary to be collective? Mundane astrology horary, say? Is there such a thing?

Osamenor

Staff member
Not sure what the moon represents.

In this context, Moon most likely represents the people--the citizens, the residents of the country, Americans in general. In a country's birth chart, that's what Moon signifies. Moon can also mean women: generally Moon is the maternal aspect of femininity; Venus is the feminine gender identity and image; the collective idea of what a woman looks or should be like. I think of them as Demeter and Persephone: Moon is Demeter femininity; Venus is Persephone femininity (and if Venus is in a fall sign or retrograde, we're looking at Persephone in her Queen of the Underworld persona). But that's my way of seeing it, perhaps not traditional horary symbolism.

Since Moon also represents the people and the collective, and it's in its exaltation, I think what we're looking at here is women as the collective. Represented by the Moon in one way and Venus in another way.

watcherofthesouth

Ah yes! Thanks, Osamenor.

Perhaps the work or health (6th) of America/courts is being is in limbo. I thought Lillith with Mars was interesting as well. Both conjunct at 5 degrees (leo degree/king), Aquarius (disconnect/cut). Perhaps women hear us roar/cut off the king (President).

Edit: I wonder who would represent Flake? Perhaps Mars standing with Lillith.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member

I'm not sure this chart shows specific significators for individuals, except Kavanaugh himself. Should we consider Kavanaugh the querent (even though he didn't ask the question, it's about him), or put him somewhere else in the chart? If so, which house?

But I just read an update that both Flake and Murkowski are now pushing for a one week delay on the vote and an FBI investigation. If the rest of the committee pushes ahead with the vote, those two will most likely vote no (and for all we know, there might be other Republicans who are ready to do the same). Assuming no Democrats vote yes (and why would they?), that would sink it.

JUPITERASC

I'm not sure this chart shows specific significators for individuals, except Kavanaugh himself. Should we consider Kavanaugh the querent (even though he didn't ask the question, it's about him), or put him somewhere else in the chart? If so, which house?

But I just read an update that both Flake and Murkowski are now pushing for a one week delay on the vote and an FBI investigation. If the rest of the committee pushes ahead with the vote, those two will most likely vote no (and for all we know, there might be other Republicans who are ready to do the same). Assuming no Democrats vote yes (and why would they?), that would sink it.
The second most-powerful Republican in the US Senate, John Cornyn
says the chamber will meet on Saturday
to vote on a procedural motion on Kavanaugh’s nomination.
The Senate will vote on a motion to proceed
one of the steps leading to a full chamber vote :smile:
on the nomination itself, Reuters reported.

JUPITERASC

Ah yes! Thanks, Osamenor.

Perhaps the work or health (6th) of America/courts is being is in limbo. I thought Lillith with Mars was interesting as well. Both conjunct at 5 degrees (leo degree/king), Aquarius (disconnect/cut). Perhaps women hear us roar/cut off the king (President).

The Senate judiciary committee says
the FBI’s supplemental background check
would be limited
to “current credible allegations” against Kavanaugh
– and that it must be completed within one week :smile:
It will ask the Trump administration
to order the checks be carried out before a confirmation vote.

Oddity

You might see something in a mundane chart. A horary isn't going to work. Bear in mind that as much as you hate Kavanaugh, historically men who were utter tyrants were in serious positions of power - and even then horary only applied to those who were either that person, or someone directly involved with him, e.g., the chancellor, vice-regent, etc.

Collective horary doesn't work. Also, in this case it's 50-50, so however you interpret it, you've an equal chance to be right.

It's possible to ask 'if Kavanaugh is given a seat on the SC, how will that affect me personally?', but even then I think you're way stretching the matter.

As for mundane - 2020 (the Jupiter-Saturn mean and actual conjunctions) look pretty s*cky for the west in general. And rather more serious than 'a judge I don't like got appointed'.

Hmmm.... seems to me that everyone, particularly Americans who are not privileged straight white men, even more particularly survivors of sexual violence, has a stake in this. I understand that for a horary to be valid, the question has to be asked by someone who has a personal stake in the matter--is that correct?

In the case of something that's current world affairs, though, so many people have more or less the same stake in it that it may not be valid for one person to cast a horary about it.

Is there any way for a horary to be collective? Mundane astrology horary, say? Is there such a thing?

Osamenor

Staff member
As for mundane - 2020 (the Jupiter-Saturn mean and actual conjunctions) look pretty s*cky for the west in general. And rather more serious than 'a judge I don't like got appointed'.

Someone I was talking to yesterday irl mentioned Mars on the eclipse point and said something to the effect of, we're lucky that what's happening right now is this (meaning the Kavanaugh situation) instead of a nuclear explosion.

I haven't studied the conjunctions from a mundane astrology viewpoint, really (so much to study, so little time!), but what I have heard seems to concur.

watcherofthesouth

I would think Libra but the Sun/Gov and Mercury/Media are already in there. My next guess would be 12th/Drinking with Jupiter = Kavanaugh in Scorpio (sex/scandals). Pluto/Capricorn signifying old powerful men are supporting Jupiter but he's being blocked by the public (Moon opposing Jupiter). Venus by the way is at 9 degrees (Sagittarius/Professor).

All I see is Saturn delaying the Sun/Gov. There's also Venus trining Neptune which could mean hidden female but does it potentially mean there are more females hiding?

Uranus in 5th I'm reading as... "surprise from high school" :eek:

JUPITERASC

Someone I was talking to yesterday irl mentioned Mars on the eclipse point and said something to the effect of, we're lucky that what's happening right now is this (meaning the Kavanaugh situation) instead of a nuclear explosion.

I haven't studied the conjunctions from a mundane astrology viewpoint, really (so much to study, so little time!), but what I have heard seems to concur.
Kavanaugh passes, with a condition :smile:
The Senate Judiciary Committee voted to send the Brett Kavanaugh nomination to the floor

BUT :smile:

Sen. Jeff Flake said he will only support it after a brief FBI investigation
Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh issued a statement Friday afternoon
saying he will continued to cooperate with the FBI:
“Throughout this process, I’ve been interviewed by the FBI,
I’ve done a number of 'background' calls directly with the Senate,
and yesterday, I answered questions under oath
about every topic the Senators and their counsel asked me.
I’ve done everything they have requested and will continue to cooperate.”

Osamenor

Staff member
Kavanaugh passes, with a condition :smile:

So we have our answer, and it is 50-50. Yes, he succeeded in that the judiciary committee voted to send his nomination to the floor. No, he didn't succeed in that there is still a delay and still an FBI investigation.

That's today. That's what the question was about.

In the long run, the outcome isn't determined yet.