Retro planets

MissScorpio

A small wondering.. .I am getting a lot of relationship questions at the moment and found the Mercury/Jupiter opposition quite interesting as obviously both planets are retrograde..
When Virgo or Gemini rises the answer is mostly no to ex's coming back but being as both planets are Rx at the moment, does this make any difference in the sense that both the Querrent and Quesited would perhaps be more open to discussing past issues?

Dirius

A small wondering.. .I am getting a lot of relationship questions at the moment and found the Mercury/Jupiter opposition quite interesting as obviously both planets are retrograde..
When Virgo or Gemini rises the answer is mostly no to ex's coming back but being as both planets are Rx at the moment, does this make any difference in the sense that both the Querrent and Quesited would perhaps be more open to discussing past issues?

Like tikana said, mercury never gets to perfect the opposition with Jupiter.

Anyways, an opposition is never really a good sign of a "true" reconciliation, more like "get together, hook up, then end up breaking up anyways". Because of the nature of the opposition, which is negative, bringing things together then separating them.

Retrograde planets do tend to indicate past issues, but not necessarily that they want to re-live the past. Perhaps the retrograde state indicates the past problems they have, which are fixed in the querent/quesited's mind?

The symbolism in the chart is the hardest thing to understand. The retrograde planets clearly indicate something, but knowing what exactly, is extremely hard.:innocent:

RisingSag

Hi everyone!
I just asked a reconciliation question and had the whole Virgo rising with Mercury/Jupiter significators applying in opposition. Mercury and Jupiter do eventually perfect after Mercury goes direct again, and it does count since there is no sign change.

I cast a relationship chart in October 2013 and the significators were Mercury and Jupiter that were applying to a trine before going retrograde. The aspect eventually did perfect in the same sign, but not before one of the planets made an aspect to Saturn. The actual outcome was we dated, for months, nearly all year, and it never got serious.

I included a link to a thread that covered this particular horary, since there was a few of us who asked questions and had the same significators at this time.
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68624

Last edited: