North Node Aries conjunct Sun in 9th house

fullmoonlibra

I'm doing deeper research about my North Node..
And I really like to hear more than only independence, taking risks, higher consciousness and travel.

Last edited:

Claire19

I'm doing deeper research about my North Node..
And I really like to hear more than only independence, taking risks, higher consciousness and travel.

The ruler Mars is exalted, and is the most aspected planet in my chart: focal point of T square and focal point of small talent triangle.
İt's placed in the fifth house.

Can someone tell me more about the ruling planet in the fifthhouse? Does it say something about fame? Also with the Sun conjunct the NN..
If Sun conjunct NN in Aries is within 3 degrees in the 9th house then being an intrepid traveller, forging new frontiers both psychological and physical is an option. You may study Arian subjects within a college or school of higher learning. You can go online and read up on Aries NN in the 9th and see if you get anything from that. Martin Schulman has a good little book on it and reincarnation. It would depend on what else is going on in the chart and we cant just look at one aspect alone. Mars in the 5th house again can mean overseas travel for holidays etc and depending on the aspects, you may have a hot affair or you may have to deal with an aggressive even violent person and probably a foreigner or in a foreign country. The 9th is also the house of the higher law such as judiciary and supreme court and depending on the degree or qualifications you get, you may work with young people in some way, particularly with outdoors activities and sport. Fame belongs with the 10th house of the public life and the ruler of that will tell you about any possibility of fame. Other aspects to the 6th house of work and the 5th house of creativity and ego expression may support this. I am assuming Taurus is on the midheaven and we would have to look ats ruler, Venus.

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

If Sun conjunct NN in Aries is within 3 degrees in the 9th house then being an intrepid traveller, forging new frontiers both psychological and physical is an option. You may study Arian subjects within a college or school of higher learning. You can go online and read up on Aries NN in the 9th and see if you get anything from that. Martin Schulman has a good little book on it and reincarnation. It would depend on what else is going on in the chart and we cant just look at one aspect alone. Mars in the 5th house again can mean overseas travel for holidays etc and depending on the aspects, you may have a hot affair or you may have to deal with an aggressive even violent person and probably a foreigner or in a foreign country. The 9th is also the house of the higher law such as judiciary and supreme court and depending on the degree or qualifications you get, you may work with young people in some way, particularly with outdoors activities and sport. Fame belongs with the 10th house of the public life and the ruler of that will tell you about any possibility of fame. Other aspects to the 6th house of work and the 5th house of creativity and ego expression may support this. I am assuming Taurus is on the midheaven and we would have to look ats ruler, Venus.

The interesting part is that the South Node ruler Venus is in Taurus, so being in the tenth (conjunct MC) and ruling the 10th house.
Don't know what to think about it, since it's a South Node issue and not a north node thing.
And the strange thing is that Venus is almost unaspected, when Mars in contrary (North node ruler), is the most aspected and focused planet in my chart. I think I will make work about my future.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Since the tenth house is south Node ruled, is it a house where I have to learn lessons from, so is it a disadvantaged house?

You wrote earlier in this thread that the South Node ruler, Venus, is in Taurus in the tenth (conjunct MC) and ruling the 10th house.

The influence flows from Venus down to Taurus as its ruler and on the 10th house, which has Taurus on its cusp, or on the MC.

But this does not make the 10th house SN ruled. Rather, the flow of influence is: Venus rules the SN in Libra and rules your 3rd? house.

So, Venus influences the 10th house and the MC. It also rules the SN and the 3rd? house. But the SN does not influence the 10th house; only the 3rd? to the extent that it is domiciled there.

fullmoonlibra

You wrote earlier in this thread that the South Node ruler, Venus, is in Taurus in the tenth (conjunct MC) and ruling the 10th house.

The influence flows from Venus down to Taurus as its ruler and on the 10th house, which has Taurus on its cusp, or on the MC.

But this does not make the 10th house SN ruled. Rather, the flow of influence is: Venus rules the SN in Libra and rules your 3rd? house.

So, Venus influences the 10th house and the MC. It also rules the SN and the 3rd? house. But the SN does not influence the 10th house; only the 3rd? to the extent that it is domiciled there.

Oh, so I don't need to worry about reputation loss or negative influence on my career because ofthe SN..

Normally, I have good influences to my MC: jupiter pisces sextile, mars capricorn trine, neptune capricorn trine, venus taurus conjunct. Except pluto scorpio opposite.

So, also with the NN ruler Mars in aspect to (exalted in capricorn, which is tenth house related too) MC, I still would expect something career wise to my NN. Am I totally wrong?

IleneK

Premium Member
Oh, so I don't need to worry about reputation loss or negative influence on my career because ofthe SN..

Normally, I have good influences to my MC: jupiter pisces sextile, mars capricorn trine, neptune capricorn trine, venus taurus conjunct. Except pluto scorpio opposite.

So, also with the NN ruler Mars in aspect to (exalted in capricorn, which is tenth house related too) MC, I still would expect something career wise to my NN. Am I totally wrong?

The ruler of the 10th and the MC is very influential over their affairs. Your ruler is dignified and also conjunct the MC, so that is favorable. The other favorable aspects to your MC that you mention above bring good energies to it from dignified [traditionally] Jupiter and exalted Mars.

Now regarding expecting something careerwise from Mars' rulership of your NN? The influence flows from Mars to the NN as ruler of the sign Aries and to the 8th house as ruler of the sign on its cusp. So I do not see an exalted Martian influence on your 10th house matters.

Last edited:

fullmoonlibra

And does it make sense if I mention Mercury?
Cause I have Mercury in Aries too, but not aspected to NN.
However, it is in square to Mars.

If it makes sense, it will add some Mercurian stuff to my NN too, not?

PpFf, I've mixed up a lot now!

So, NN Aries in 9th house is the main issue.
Then there is the ruler Mars in Capricorn in 5th house..
10th house is not a NN issue, so not really necessary to talk about it unfortunately.

So my life purpose is a mixture of Aries/9th house/5th house?

fullmoonlibra

Oh, I've forgot the aspects to NN.

I still see a lot of fifth house and Leo influences to my NN too, so maybe I can take into account the fame aspect again :wink:.

Sun conjunct NN
NN trine Leo ASC
Ruler NN Mars in fifth house

IleneK

Premium Member

If it makes sense, it will add some Mercurian stuff to my NN too, not?...

So my life purpose is a mixture of Aries/9th house/5th house?

As Mars rules your NN, influences on Mars, like its aspects and the house in which it is located, will influence your NN. So Mercury's square to Mars along with its reception with Mars [being in the sign that Mars rules] colors how Mars will influence your NN.

And, yes, your life purpose is influenced by the NN's house placement, sign, aspects, condition of its ruler and the house in which the ruler is located.

IleneK

Premium Member
Oh, I've forgot the aspects to NN.

I still see a lot of fifth house and Leo influences to my NN too, so maybe I can take into account the fame aspect again :wink:.

1. Sun conjunct NN
2. NN trine Leo ASC
3. Ruler NN Mars in fifth house

1. There is an affinity between your Sun, your identity and sense of self, by the out of sign conjunction.

2. Not sure about the strength/validity of the aspect between two points, Asc and NN, rather than bodies, since, in a sense, they are both passive. Others are welcomed to weigh in here who have knowledge and/or experience to the contrary.

3. Already discussed as an influence on Mars as ruler of the NN.

For clarity of delineation, I would not treat Sun, Leo, and 5th as synonymous.

IleneK

Premium Member
Oh..
Thank you a lot IleneK, you really helped me further :joyful:.
I feel lots of nodal activity in my life nowadays, I need to make choices who will make the difference in my future, that's the reason why I asked this much about the NN.

Moving abroad, job as flight attendant, back to university, publishing,.. These are all main subjects I struggle with. I - need - to make - choices! And it's soo difficult!

You are going to do a great job in making your choices. Know that you really cannot make a wrong one! Best wishes to you.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Full Moon Libra:

An Aries North Node is telling us that in past lives, this soul was immersed in relationships to the point that the self was lost and overlooked. In this life, the goal will be to honor the self and others at the same time. To balance the needs of the self with the needs of the other. It is a lesson in maintaining autonomy in the context of a partnership. The goal in this life is self development, to have courage to make change. This is a soul who may develop as an individual via a quest for meaning and alignment with the Divine.

The Sun conjunct the North Node is a karmic yellow sticky on your natal chart. :)
It is telling you that you have an urgent need in this life to master the positive energy of the sign involved. It is important for you to study and incorporate the positive traits of Aries and leave the negative traits behind.

As an aside, quite a few of the natal charts on this site have a 1/7, Aries/Libra nodal axis.
It makes sense, this is a site that is about self examination via astrology. At the same time, many souls on this site offer readings to help others. So it is a 1/7 themed forum in many respects.

Julia