Interpreting a two-house conjunct aspect

aniyas

Hi! Briefly speaking, and according to a few different websites, I have Venus in the 6th conjunct Mars in the 7th. Is this even a conjunct aspect? If so, any idea how this would be interpreted, and whether there's anything about this I need to actively bear in mind?

Chart: https://ibb.co/f1oZKz

(also, literally any other advice you might have upon looking at my chart would be welcomed.)

Starsareround

100% this is a conjunction, many would say a stellium as well involving Jupiter. Very important configuration.
Jupiter in fact will dominate mars/Venus which will both largely express through 7th house issues. All three work together basically as one, watch for transits hitting them, definitely you will see actual events unfolding regarding partnerships especially when transiting planets reach Jupiter (ruler of your 7th)

Last edited:

aniyas

100% this is a conjunction, many would say a stellium as well involving Jupiter. Very important configuration.
Jupiter in fact will dominate mars/Venus which will both largely express through 7th house issues. All three work together basically as one, watch for transits hitting them, definitely you will see actual events unfolding regarding partnerships especially when transiting planets reach Jupiter (ruler of your 7th)
That's a wonderful insight! So from a technical point of view, I would not interpret it as a blend of a sixth house planet and a seventh house planet?

Starsareround

It looks like mars and Venus are both technically in your 6th house, but that depends on how precise your birth time is. I wouldn’t say that they don’t express at all in the 6th, but the energy is very much channeled toward 7th house. Even if a planet is conjunct a house cusp, it is still posited in the house it’s in, that does mean something, especially regarding the houses that Venus/mars rules, and the backdrop of their “activities”-kind of like set dressing, 6th house will tell you about situations and surroundings. But the impact and power of these planets to effect your life will be largely 7th house and very much to do with partnerships like I said previously. You will have many opportunities to establish relationships and engage in personal growth through others :)

IleneK

Premium Member
Venus and Mars are hovering around the descendant, the 7th house cusp in your chart, regardless of the house system you use.
Venus is applies to conjunct the descendant by less than two degrees. So Venus is considered part of the 7th house. So is Mars.
So in this situation, there is no dual or two-house issue regardless of house system.

Starsareround

Yes you are right. I forgot that the DSC is as stable as the ASC. However with the rounded birth time we really don't know what the actual birth time is. I only know of two charts that were really born on the hour or half hour.

Perhaps the OP can enlighten. It may be inaccurate to assume birth time is wrong.

aniyas

Thank you so much everyone for your responses! I suppose I'll know for sure once things play out over the course of my life. The birth time I use is the one listed on my certificate although of course there may be room for error with that too.

IleneK

Premium Member
You are welcome, aniyas.

Yes you are right. I forgot that the DSC is as stable as the ASC. However with the rounded birth time we really don't know what the actual birth time is. I only know of two charts that were really born on the hour or half hour.

Without meaning any disrespect, the fact that you are aware of only two charts that were really born on the hour/half hour doesn't necessarily tell us anything generally factual, and, even less so, does it tell us anything about this chart.
I would be inclined to think it is fine to examine the chart as it is rather than assuming the DSC is incorrect because of your personal observation.

I notice that you have aspects to Chiron turned off in the chart you provided, maybe this is because you're neglecting to take it seriously, which is fine, I'm not here to tell anybody what to do, but it can play an important role, which is why they include it on the chart automatically like all the other planetary bodies.

It is squaring your 8th house cusp, also is semi-square your Moon. Not that this means anything in particular, just pointing out that it does have aspects. That 45 with the Moon is not a minor aspect.

One way Chiron can be thought of is as being the wound that never heals, whether it be physical or psychological. As far as the latter goes, this can come in the form of being very subtle, as opposed to being blatant such as bullying.

aniyas

Hi, thank you for answering! I don't think there's an option for chiron aspects on this website (astro.com), or at least I wasn't prompted for it - but this is the only chart I really consult so I was not aware at all of the aspects, thank you so much!

I actually am really interested in the chiron - I've been trying to figure out my 5/11 axis for a while since there seem to be a few different obstacles (chiron, intercept, node) but haven't found much non-cookbook literature. It does feature heavily in my life. I'll be sure to do some more reading up - if you have any sources in mind please do let me know.

Last edited: