Should I enrol in an astrology course starting this week?

Osamenor

Staff member
At a glance, you're Venus. Venus is in fall. You don't like this situation at all.

I'm not sure which house to use for the course. Higher education is ninth house, but this isn't the same as normal higher education, by a long shot. Third house is lower (elementary through high school) education, and close to home instead of away. But since horary meanings predate online courses by many centuries, we don't exactly have a house for that.

I think, all things considered, the sixth is probably most accurate. That's the house of apprenticeship. An astrology course isn't exactly like traditional apprenticeship either, but it's closer to that than to university or K-12 education. And what do we have here: Venus in the sixth, in fall, with the sixth house belonging to Virgo, Venus's detriment sign. That's double testimony to you not liking this.

Venus's sign of Libra is intercepted in the sixth, with house ruler Mercury placed there. I take that to mean you like (Venus likes Libra, and by extension, likes any planet placed in Libra) the subject at the core, but you don't like the package it comes in. Since Venus is in Scorpio, not Libra, the part you like is probably going to be inaccessible to you through this course.

That doesn't necessarily mean a different astrology course wouldn't suit you, but that would be a whole separate question.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
On a practical note, have you tried online astrology courses before? Even just mini ones?

I'm on the mailing list for Astrology University, and I get an email about a weekend lecture, usually an hour and a half to two hours long, nearly every week. Some of them, I've attended. It's not nearly as much of a commitment as an ongoing course, and they're done by many different people, so it's not just one person who may or may not align with me.

I prefer in person learning too, and the lecture method doesn't suit me very well, but I've found that online lectures can work well for me, especially when commenting is allowed throughout, which it always is in the Astrology University courses. And I have to do my astrology consultations online, between the pandemic and the fact that most of my clients aren't in my area.

On a note of interest, I see the moon in this horary chart is in Sagittarius. Horary meanings are somewhat different from natal meanings, of course, but when I see a Sagittarius moon in a natal chart, I think this is probably someone who loves learning but doesn't love school. Someone who needs their learning to be experiential. If that aligns with any natal placement you have, it speaks to that kind of approach, and it would also be a connection between the horary and your natal chart.

Last edited:

leomoon

Venus (you) is also opposing the ASC (the question) - and there are 3 planets in the 21st degree here. The Moon (place to look for answers), is also square the 21st degree of Neptune.

Sounds like it's a no you should not (for whatever reason) perhaps having to do with Neptune and the teacher's ideas.

tikana

Okay soooo
to see if class has any weight or importance or meat we need to look at dignities
to see if you will actually get anything, we need aspect reception

Saturn rules 9th house
1 question 1: does the Lord of 9th house (class itself) have inner meat/importance? Answer: YES .. essentially strong, placed in 10th house - excellent.. retro but you cant make everyone happy plus it will soon go direct. This is important point ... read further
2. Will you learn anything or discover anything new? We need strong Lord of 1st house. venus is weak applying to square with saturn out of 7th house - EEEHHHH, here is what i think .. the class is good BUT you wont find anything that you dont know or havnent read or the other case is it might be a bit too advanced for you (Not putting you down or anything like that) it is just Venus has no essential strength other than accidental position on angular house

moon is making a good aspect to jupiter which rules general idea of learning

I'd say take it ... but you might be going over the things you didnt understand.. take notes or record a whiole class

:)

Let us know as always

Last edited: