Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 09-11-2021, 06:46 PM

Mars in Libra? I don't understand you guys

I have seen numerous videos about Mars (and Venus) in Libra and still don't understand this placement. It seems like Mars in Libra is turned on mostly by friendliness, polite manners, charm, and romance. It seems to me to be a Mars placement that transfigures love to the point of being more in love with the illusion of perfect love than the actual thing...

a) How do I know if Mars in Libra, for example, is just being friendly to me or flirting with me?
b) How do you get such a Mars placement to take initiative and not just be passive and wait for women to take initiative?
c) I have often read that Mars in Libra can be very romantic, reciting poetry, writing love letters for example, but where is the physical aspect? In contrast to e.g. Mars or Venus in Taurus, this aspect is completely outside except for the 'act'.
d) Sex is not always 'art'. It involves bodily fluids, every body has wrinkles or unsightly spots.... How does Mars in Libra deal with this?

Unread 09-11-2021, 07:18 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Mars in Libra? I don't understand you guys

Do you yourself have Mars in Libra? Or are you trying to figure out a blanket description that applies to everyone who has Mars in Libra?

There's no such thing. All those descriptions you've read are cookbook astrology. They describe two ingredients in the birth chart, which is a stew of many, many ingredients.

If Mars in Libra were the only astrological placement a person had, perhaps any or all of the above would be true of them. But it's never anyone's only astrological placement. They also have their Sun, Moon, ascendant, and all their other planets. Even that Mars in Libra placement will show up differently depending on which house it's in, what kind of aspects it makes with other planets, and what the rest of the chart is like.

Assuming anything is true of all Mars in Libra people is like assuming tomato soup, red salsa, a BLT, and meatloaf with a dab of ketchup will all taste the same. They all have tomatoes as a common ingredient, but they're very, very different.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 09-11-2021, 07:23 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

So, to address your questions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerrain View Post

a) How do I know if Mars in Libra, for example, is just being friendly to me or flirting with me?
Ask. Just like with anyone else.

Quote:
b) How do you get such a Mars placement to take initiative and not just be passive and wait for women to take initiative?
Having Mars in Libra doesn't make people passive. They may be fine initiative takers. If they're not, it all depends on the individual.

Quote:
c) I have often read that Mars in Libra can be very romantic, reciting poetry, writing love letters for example, but where is the physical aspect? In contrast to e.g. Mars or Venus in Taurus, this aspect is completely outside except for the 'act'.
Romantic styles have more to do with Venus than with Mars. Look to their Venus.

Quote:
d) Sex is not always 'art'. It involves bodily fluids, every body has wrinkles or unsightly spots.... How does Mars in Libra deal with this?
Sex is also very much a Venus thing. Look to both Venus and Mars, for someone's approach to it. Also look to their eighth house, and their fifth. Those are the sex houses. The sign of Mars without those other things doesn't really tell us.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 09-12-2021, 10:20 AM

To add to Osamenor's comments, and if you're not just interested in romantic ties .....which Mars doesn't really take to ....:

E.G:-
Mars of Aries is an active energy force, instinctual of nature.
A Mars in Libra is in the opposing sign of its natural sign, Aries. If it's going to work through Libra means, it will still have it's 'me first' nature with which to contend.
Makes it an excellent position for those one-to-one competitive sports and games in which its winner instinct is challenged. Don't expect it to take 2nd place willingly, even to a child.
Libra diplomacy and ability to consider others is not in Mars' nature. It will expect to be put first in all things. Mars friction can arise in debate which Libra will attempt to soothe. Yet don't expect any soft words and music.
That same nature can also help make an excellent diplomat/ politician, but not so much a negotiator. The latter does need to be able to see both sides of the same situation. Mars cannot.
In relationships Mars is the 'raging hormones' and 'lustful appetite.'Love doesn't enter into it. It cannot commit to a relationship, let alone a specific person. It's the conquest that is important to it; the animal instinct that is eased.
Mars will work hard to use its active energy in any Libra type occupation, especially where 'beauty' can be attracted/attractive. Coiffure, chic clothes, strong attracting perfume/cologne that may even replace the physical odour, abbatoir or surgeon apron, bus driver's uniform, etc. worn during the day.

In Libra, Mars as traditional ruler, and more active in youth, of Scorpio is strictly an emotional force of nature. It runs deep and may not be easily accessible to others. The strong, silent type that enhances a 'sex appeal' that can be an irrisistible force by its mere presence. It will recognise that others play a significant role in its life and may be more attentive towards them than its Aries brother.
It could portray a jealous anger that Mars of Aries is not aware exists.
If swords cross, Mars of Aries can get angry, be over it in a minute, and walk away; Mars of Scorpio can develop into a deep rage that can 'feel' murderous of nature ...even if it doesn't actually occur.
Makes this Mars very good in legal councilling work in disputes of all kinds, as its Scorpio roots will dig deep to get to the bottom of things.

That said, planetary energy seldom works alone and will be affected by the functions of other planets to which it is ... or isn't ... linked through aspect.

The Following User Says Thank You to Frisiangal For This Useful Post:
Osamenor (09-12-2021)
Unread 09-14-2021, 07:57 AM

You have to read their actions rather than their words! I get it, not all Mars in Libras are the same, but a lot have that indirect kind of communication that is hard to read, at times! The worst of Mars in Libra, or just Libra energy, in general, is that they can lead you on, because they don't want to hurt your feelings!

You have to be a bit more intuitive with Mars in Libra than with Mars in Aries! Mars in Libra also likes to flirt and tease, people won't admit it though! LMAO!
Unread 09-14-2021, 01:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to BOOGY99

Hey

My partner has Mars in Libra and I have Venus in libra. (conjunct) The one thing I can say with our placements is being an AIR sign we love to talk, and this is a turn on for both of us. (Not going into detail lol ) So we are a match cause communication stimulates sexual desire for us, but it may not do if your sign is incompatible. x
Unread 09-14-2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGY99 View Post
Hey

My partner has Mars in Libra and I have Venus in libra. (conjunct) The one thing I can say with our placements is being an AIR sign we love to talk, and this is a turn on for both of us. (Not going into detail lol ) So we are a match cause communication stimulates sexual desire for us, but it may not do if your sign is incompatible. x
They love to tease (in a friendly way), flirt, and play a little! I have a Mars in Libra friend! They're definitely not for everyone! I love them, though!
Unread 09-15-2021, 12:07 AM

I have mars in libra but i dont know how it affects me really aside from i want fairness in everything. I heard we can be wishy washy though.. but i have gemini sun which is already an indecisive planet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Junode33 For This Useful Post:
sentR89day (09-15-2021)
Unread 09-18-2021, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentR89day View Post
They love to tease (in a friendly way), flirt, and play a little! I have a Mars in Libra friend! They're definitely not for everyone! I love them, though!

Think it can apply to Venus in Libra too I guess, but yeah My Boyfriend is a tease and flirty, caught him out a few times but I just Laugh lol
Unread 09-18-2021, 11:46 PM

Having Mars in Libra doesn't make one passive,
it makes one passive aggressive...

Last edited by Eric traveller; 09-18-2021 at 11:56 PM.
Unread 09-20-2021, 05:51 PM

my guy is not passive aggressive its just a short temp whole of the birth chart he is bossy lol again i have sun con Uranus i wont be bossed about xxxxx

Tags
guys, libra, mars, understand