Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 09-09-2021, 01:43 AM

Saturn retrograde conjunct South Node in the 5th house

Hi all

Does anyone know how Saturn retrograde conjunct South Node in the 5th house could manifest?

Iíve tried Google for this one and Iíve read that this could be linked to a lack of material resources in the family. Most of my family is middle or upper-middle class though.
Iíve also read that this could indicate a lot of karmic debt.

I've wondered if it's a sign not to have children...? If so, this wouldn't be much of an issue - I'm gay, and have little desire to have children.
Or maybe in a past life I betrayed lovers, or a lover in marriage?

I will post my chart here for more insight if need be!

Thank you in advance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_anonymous_hp.5846.91017.jpg (60.0 KB, 11 views)

Unread 09-10-2021, 09:04 AM

Re: Saturn retrograde conjunct South Node in the 5th house

For me the thing that comes to mind with Saturn retrograde conjunct SN in 5th house is it may be making you question where you fit in terms of the greater society in terms of your standing and usefulness, because remember, Saturn retrograde will also be opposing your NN in 11th house. It could be tied to what personal pursuits or projects you may undertake on a more personal level and what that can mean not just for yourself, but for others too. There could be a feeling of doubt or insecurity where you might question things, or maybe not even necessarily insecurity, but just really wanting to make sure you're doing it for a real purpose. 5th house being about creativity, so any creative outlet you engage in, have a look at that and what impacts it has, not just for yourself, but for others around you.
The Following User Says Thank You to chiamaria For This Useful Post:
uranianplutonian (09-10-2021)
Unread 09-11-2021, 06:59 PM

Thank you for your insight.

Indeed I do question where I fit in, in terms of the greater society in terms of standing and usefulness, and it's especially important to me that what I pursue ~careerwise is something with a real purpose that helps the community (not just for profit).

I definitely have many creative outlets, but haven't released anything yet to the public. Though, I do plan to once I feel more developed in my skills and talents.

Thank you again.

Have a lovely day/night!
The Following User Says Thank You to uranianplutonian For This Useful Post:
chiamaria (09-12-2021)
Unread 09-12-2021, 09:00 AM

Hi,
Sometimes googling for astro. information isn't enough. Self study via books is more helpful.

If you are really interested in understanding astrology and the meaning of the nodal axis in sign as well as house, and its place as linked to the chart as a whole, I can truly recommend trying to get hold of a copy of Martin Schulman's 'The Nodes and Reincarnation' from his karmic astrology series of books..
The title sounds 'other worldly', yet the book is very 'down to Earth' in its description of what the nodes signify and their inter-relationship with planetary aspects. (It could lead to wanting to get hold of of the other books.)

An old friend, a heavy Saturn-Capricorn influenced person, shared the same nodal axis as yourself, albeit across other houses but on the same fixed house cross. The descriptions were so accurate that it felt as if Schulman must have surely written the specific chapters and circumstances with him as working example!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Frisiangal For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-13-2021)
Unread 09-12-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranianplutonian View Post
Thank you for your insight.

Indeed I do question where I fit in, in terms of the greater society in terms of standing and usefulness, and it's especially important to me that what I pursue ~careerwise is something with a real purpose that helps the community (not just for profit).

I definitely have many creative outlets, but haven't released anything yet to the public. Though, I do plan to once I feel more developed in my skills and talents.

Thank you again.

Have a lovely day/night!
Most welcome. I find a lot of descriptions online to be too cliche, and I'm not sure how Saturn conjunct SN in 5th house means lack of material resources as I thought that this was a 2nd house theme anyway. Best of luck in your endeavours!
The Following User Says Thank You to chiamaria For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (09-13-2021)
Unread 09-12-2021, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frisiangal View Post
Hi,
Sometimes googling for astro. information isn't enough. Self study via books is more helpful.

If you are really interested in understanding astrology and the meaning of the nodal axis in sign as well as house, and its place as linked to the chart as a whole, I can truly recommend trying to get hold of a copy of Martin Schulman's 'The Nodes and Reincarnation' from his karmic astrology series of books..
The title sounds 'other worldly', yet the book is very 'down to Earth' in its description of what the nodes signify and their inter-relationship with planetary aspects. (It could lead to wanting to get hold of of the other books.)

An old friend, a heavy Saturn-Capricorn influenced person, shared the same nodal axis as yourself, albeit across other houses but on the same fixed house cross. The descriptions were so accurate that it felt as if Schulman must have surely written the specific chapters and circumstances with him as working example!!
Thank you for your insight!

Yes Iíve come to notice that Google has a lot of recycled information when searching aspects between planets in houses etc. So, Iíve started going to used bookstores and have found some wonderful Astrology books. I find that used bookstores always have the best finds (as opposed to the big chain bookstores).
Iím currently finishing up Astrology Its Technics and Ethics by C. Aq; Libra (published in February 1917) (which I found at a used bookstore) - great book to begin to grasp Astrology and also gives a plethora of useful references to other Astrology books on more specialized topics (plant Astrology, etc.).

Otherwordly, say no more, Iím in. Even better if thereís a nice balance between otherwordly and ~down to Earth vibes. Iím quite interested in karmic/past life Astrology, so this is right up my alley. Thank you for the recommendation. I will definitely try to find a copy.

Thank you again!
JUPITERASC (09-13-2021)
Unread 09-12-2021, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
Most welcome. I find a lot of descriptions online to be too cliche, and I'm not sure how Saturn conjunct SN in 5th house means lack of material resources as I thought that this was a 2nd house theme anyway. Best of luck in your endeavours!
This is very true. They can be quite misleading/confusing for a beginner astrologer. Iím glad I found this forum and can converse with people in real time. Thank you!!
JUPITERASC (09-13-2021)
Unread 09-13-2021, 12:46 PM

Quote:

Hi all

Does anyone know how Saturn retrograde conjunct South Node in the 5th house could manifest?
I’ve tried Google for this one and I’ve read that
this could be linked to a lack of material resources in the family.
Most of my family is middle or upper-middle class though.
I’ve also read that this could indicate a lot of karmic debt.
I've wondered if it's a sign not to have children...?
If so, this wouldn't be much of an issue - I'm gay, and have little desire to have children.
Or maybe in a past life I betrayed lovers, or a lover in marriage?
I will post my chart here for more insight if need be!
Thank you in advance
Quote:

This is very true.
They can be quite misleading/confusing for a beginner astrologer.
I’m glad I found this forum and can converse with people in real time. Thank you!!
Traditionally, a planet does not "...transit..."

UNLESS
IT IS A CHRONOCRATER FOR THE TIMES FOR THE ISSUE BEING SOUGHT
i.e.
it must be a time lord
so that the planets testimony about the natives life can be heard.
This would explain the times that a transit does not manifest in any obvious way
All of the planets have periods during which they provide testimony about the native's life
these planetary periods are derived from the minor periods of the planets,
otherwise known as recurrence cycles.
The minor period lengths are:
Sun = 19
Moon = 25
Hermes = 20
Aphrodite = 8
Ares = 15
Zeus = 12
Kronos = 30.
For example
the Moon takes 25 Egyptian years to return to the same degree that it was in with relation to the Sun
Venus takes 8 years to recurr with the Sun and so on - Valens Vol. III - IV
Valens, V. Anthologia. Translated by Mark Riley. Retrieved from
https://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt...s%20entire.pdf

When a planet reaches the end of its circular period
the times are said to hand over to the next sign in zodiacal order.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
uranianplutonian (09-13-2021)

Tags
conjunct, house, node, retrograde, saturn, south