Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 09-07-2021, 07:26 PM

Does this chart indicate a tendency to be unfaithful or lean towards polyamory?

Hello fellow astrology friends!

I hope everyone is faring well during these peculiar times.

I am curious to know if this chart indicates that this person has a tendency to be unfaithful, or if they lean towards polyamory?

I ask because I see:

their moon and mars are in Sagittarius - which apparently (according to some forums on Google) indicates a person who could be unfaithful,

their Sagittarius mars conjuncts their pluto in the 7th house,

and because they have quite a Neptunian influence.

I will post our synastry and composite if you want to look at these too.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts, advice and time!

[Charts removed because they included the other person's birth information, and you did not say if you have their permission to post it. Posting other people's birth information without their informed consent is strictly against the rules. If you have the other person's permission, you need to make that clear. If you don't, you may only post their chart with birth information removed. You MAY repost the charts following that rule. - Moderator]

Last edited by uranianplutonian; 09-07-2021 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Reposting charts
Unread 09-07-2021, 08:01 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Does this chart indicate a tendency to be unfaithful or lean towards polyamory?

What's your relationship to this person? Why is it any concern of yours if they have a tendency to be unfaithful or polyamorous?

How well do you know them? The best predictor of their behavior in relationships is their current and past behavior, not their birth chart. If you know they go in for multiple partners, that's your answer right there. If you know them to be monogamous and faithful, that's your answer. Their chart doesn't override that.

If you don't know them well enough to know either way, it's none of your business. That could change if you develop a kind of relationship with them that would make it your business, but in that case, the way you'll know is by knowing them, not studying the imperfect map to them.

That said, Sagittarius placements indicate a need for variety, but that doesn't always mean a variety of partners, even when those placements are in the seventh house. People with those indicators could just as easily be monogamous in romance while getting their need for variety met by having a variety of friends.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 09-07-2021, 09:04 PM

Re: Does this chart indicate a tendency to be unfaithful or lean towards polyamory?

Thank you for your response and insight!

My relationship with them is ~in the air~ at the moment. I was seeing them romantically for a month and a bit, but I needed to take a step back from the relationship because it felt like it went from 0-100 in terms of intensity.

I'm wondering about monogamy/polyamory indicators because I've observed that they have a hard time expressing their needs and being truly authentic with me. I've tried to be as compassionate as possible, because I know their hesitancy to express themselves comes from a traumatic childhood, however at the same time this has made me feel mistrustful about what they say/express to me.

Since I started seeing them, I've often felt like they tell me things I want to hear. E.g., I ask them a question about their needs and preferences, and they do a thorough scan of my face and body language before answering my question.
They've admitted that they tend to overthink.
They've expressed that they've only been in one serious relationship for 5 years, and from what they've explained, the relationship was emotionally, psychologically and physically abusive.
They've said that they've never cheated, but have been cheated on.

We met on a dating app (lesbian dating app) where you can see each others friends list.
They voluntarily expressed to me that they were only talking to me. Yet, I noticed that they kept adding people to their friends list. I felt very confused about this and brought it up to them. They said this was from ~pending requests... I expressed to them that I needed to know what they're looking for, whether that's monogamy or polyamory, etc because there seems to been a contradiction in their words and actions. I've felt like I've had to fish out of them what they want so that they don't just tell me what they think I want to hear - as I've observed and called them out on before.

I offered to try being open/poly (I'm not even sure what to call it), and they agreed they could try. They first said they wouldn't be talking to anyone, and then said they'd let me know if they did start talking to them. After reflecting on if I could actually be open/poly, I realized there's likely a low chance of me being able to do it (Venus in Cancer). So then, I've wondered if they really do want polyamory and are just shapeshifting their responses to me to keep me in their life.

We've discussed all of this and they've expressed that they need to work on meeting me in the middle in terms of vulnerability. Yet...... I feel like they're just saying this because they think it's what I want to hear :----).
Other than this, we get along really well and have similar tastes in pretty much everything. They're able to meet me on my level of spirituality, which is something I haven't found in anyone yet. I'm able to handle their hesitancy in terms of vulnerability and expressing their needs. However, I feel anxious to get closer to them if one day they're going to express a previously unexpressed need for being open/polyamorous. They told me in the beginning that 'polyamory isn't for them', but because they've lied about their needs before, I feel mistrustful.

Soooooo, because I feel mistrustful of their word, I am seeking insight from their chart so I can then make a decision to continue our relationship or walk away.
It also doesn't help that I have Scorpio rising with Pluto in my first house, so I find it hard to forgive someone who has deceived me - even if it didn't come from a place of malice.

Hopefully this gives sufficient detail. I appreciate your insight!
Unread 09-07-2021, 09:10 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Their birth chart doesn't tell us anything without their input. There are many ways any birth chart placement can manifest. Way too many for every possibility the birth chart suggests to be a reality.

To know if this person really is drawn to having multiple partners, they'd have to tell us. Their chart allows for that possibility, but it also allows for them to be monogamous. Only they can tell us which of those possibilities is their reality, and which is their reality at this time. Some people are polyamorous at some times in their lives and monogamous at others, but they're still living the same birth chart.

You've seen enough red flags in their behavior to be turned off a relationship with them, not just in the monogamy/polyamory question, but in how they approach telling you anything in general. That's much more important than the birth chart.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 09-07-2021, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
Their birth chart doesn't tell us anything without their input. There are many ways any birth chart placement can manifest. Way too many for every possibility the birth chart suggests to be a reality.

To know if this person really is drawn to having multiple partners, they'd have to tell us. Their chart allows for that possibility, but it also allows for them to be monogamous. Only they can tell us which of those possibilities is their reality, and which is their reality at this time. Some people are polyamorous at some times in their lives and monogamous at others, but they're still living the same birth chart.

You've seen enough red flags in their behavior to be turned off a relationship with them, not just in the monogamy/polyamory question, but in how they approach telling you anything in general. That's much more important than the birth chart.
This is a fair response. Truly, looking into charts can feel like looking into a kaleidoscope - something Iíve come to love about astrology thus far!

A part of me wonders if my Venus in Cancer is attracted to this person because of the unconditional love and/or support they didnít receive growing up. Itís like I sense this on a primal level and Iím hesitant to walk away because I feel theyíll find themselves in another abusive relationship, and somehow want to protect them from this. (Me thinking out loud)

Iíll definitely need to reflect on everything Iíve experienced with this person thus far.
Iím curious about what the synastry and composite chart have to offer in terms of insight into a relationship.
Would synastry offer me a look at how well we interact, and then the composite offer me how others view our relationship? Iíve read that the Davison chart is the place to look when assessing how our energies mix too.

Thank you again!
Unread 09-07-2021, 10:46 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranianplutonian View Post
This is a fair response. Truly, looking into charts can feel like looking into a kaleidoscope - something Iíve come to love about astrology thus far!

A part of me wonders if my Venus in Cancer is attracted to this person because of the unconditional love and/or support they didnít receive growing up. Itís like I sense this on a primal level and Iím hesitant to walk away because I feel theyíll find themselves in another abusive relationship, and somehow want to protect them from this. (Me thinking out loud)
You've got lots of nice chemistry aspects with this person. To pick out a few: Moons sextile, Suns sextile, Venuses trine, your rising sign is their descending sign and vice versa. All that easily adds up to attraction.

They have a very Scorpionic chart, and you have Scorpio rising. So Scorpio's need for privacy and tendency to test others surreptitiously before deciding to trust them (if you ever do) applies to both of you.

For someone with Scorpio descending and a heavily Scorpionic chart to boot, relationships will naturally be Scorpionic, and those Scorpionic relationships are what they need for their own personal growth. Those are relationships that bring out the shadow in both parties. You two have hit that already: the lack of trust.

Abusive relationships are the worst kind of shadow relationships. Healthy relationships are also possible, if both people are acknowledging the shadow and working it consciously.

But you need to make your decision about this relationship based on what's best for you. If you only make your decision based on what you think your partner needs, you'll leave your own needs out of it, and that won't make for a good relationship. Not only that, you could be wrong about what you think your partner needs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uranianplutonian View Post
Would synastry offer me a look at how well we interact, and then the composite offer me how others view our relationship? Iíve read that the Davison chart is the place to look when assessing how our energies mix too.
Synastry shows the relationship dynamics. An in depth reading of a synastry chart would bring out how each of you experiences the relationship, and if done well, would have you saying, "Yes, yes, that's exactly what I/they do!"

Composite is the chart for the relationship as an entity in its own right. How does it manifest in the world, independently of either of you as individuals? Transits and progressions to the composite chart reflect external forces that affect the relationship and the way it evolves over time, respectively.

But a composite chart really only exists if the relationship exists, and it's only as strong as the existence of the relationship is. If this were just a crush, the composite would be meaningless, because there would be no real relationship at this point. For a relationship in the early stage, it has some meaning, but it would be an even more solid entity if you'd been together longer.

Unread 09-07-2021, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
You've got lots of nice chemistry aspects with this person. To pick out a few: Moons sextile, Suns sextile, Venuses trine, your rising sign is their descending sign and vice versa. All that easily adds up to attraction.

They have a very Scorpionic chart, and you have Scorpio rising. So Scorpio's need for privacy and tendency to test others surreptitiously before deciding to trust them (if you ever do) applies to both of you.

For someone with Scorpio descending and a heavily Scorpionic chart to boot, relationships will naturally be Scorpionic, and those Scorpionic relationships are what they need for their own personal growth. Those are relationships that bring out the shadow in both parties. You two have hit that already: the lack of trust.

Abusive relationships are the worst kind of shadow relationships. Healthy relationships are also possible, if both people are acknowledging the shadow and working it consciously.

But you need to make your decision about this relationship based on what's best for you. If you only make your decision based on what you think your partner needs, you'll leave your own needs out of it, and that won't make for a good relationship. Not only that, you could be wrong about what you think your partner needs.

Synastry shows the relationship dynamics. An in depth reading of a synastry chart would bring out how each of you experiences the relationship, and if done well, would have you saying, "Yes, yes, that's exactly what I/they do!"

Composite is the chart for the relationship as an entity in its own right. How does it manifest in the world, independently of either of you as individuals? Transits and progressions to the composite chart reflect external forces that affect the relationship and the way it evolves over time, respectively.

But a composite chart really only exists if the relationship exists, and it's only as strong as the existence of the relationship is. If this were just a crush, the composite would be meaningless, because there would be no real relationship at this point. For a relationship in the early stage, it has some meaning, but it would be an even more solid entity if you'd been together longer.
I noticed these harmonious aspects between our personal planets and felt quite excited initially. Until I saw the semi-square between our Marsí with a 2 degree orb, their Mars square my Sun 0 degree orb, their Sun square my Uranus 1 degree orb, and finallyÖ. Apparently to be a hard aspect to have in synastry, their Chiron opposite my Saturn with a nice 0 degree orb to seal the deal.
Itís like we have a balance of harmonious and disharmonious aspects. The one aspect that really gets my attention though is the opposition between Chiron and Saturn.
What kind of orb allowance is more ~accurate with synastry and composite? Iíve read anything from an orb allowance of 10 degrees, to an orb allowance of 2 degrees. Right now, I pay close attention to the tight orbs (< 2 degrees), but Iím wondering if itís necessary to factor in orbs up to 4-5 degrees.

Transiting Venus is currently squaring our Composite Uranus. I sense thereís a possibility that this has influenced my need to step back.

Also, speaking of kaleidoscopes. Iíve even gone as far as creating a synastry chart between our natal charts and composite and Davison chart. (out of curiosity and a need to be thorough)

On the topic of progressions: do progressed synastry charts and progressed composite charts play a significant role in relationships/ are they more important than the originals?

Merci mille fois! 😊

Tags
chart, composite, fidelity, lean, natal chart, polyamorous, polyamory, synastry, tendency, unfaithful