A likely picture of their personality?

ScorponicSag

They are a mystery to me. Not many people baffle me in this way. Please help?

Attachments

• CHart.gif
    CHart.gif
    50.5 KB · Views: 26

miquar

Hi. I'd say basically warm and friendly (Libra, Leo, Cancer), but perhaps tending towards defensiveness of some kind in their interactions with others (Venus Mercury Saturn Pluto t square).

IleneK

Premium Member
They are a mystery to me. Not many people baffle me in this way. Please help?

I see two things that may or may not be causing your difficulty. The first is an essentially unaspected but dignified Moon in Cancer. Well developed feelings, but perhaps not well-integrated into the psyche. It may be that this person's reactions to his feelings may cause him to behave in ways that are not understandable to you. Also, there are very tight inconjuncts to personal Mercury Venus by powerful, largely incomprehensible outer Uranus an Neptune. This might cause him anxiety about and continual adjusting/repositioning of he thinks, how he communicates especially with friends. It will also color how he relates to others from a Venusian viewpoint and how he presents himself and is seen via his ascendant, with Libra rising.

This is all speculative, though. Might you wish to describe some of the behaviour that so baffles you?

ScorponicSag

Wow, that makes a lot of sense. What baffles me is that I can tell he has very deep emotions. I can tell by his reactions, morals, his eyes, and energy. Yet, he still seems detached. Not necessarily like he's in a shell trying to hide, more of like he is genuinely unaware of the weight his emotions has. Also, he can tend to be somewhat obsessive in his thoughts. Paranoid as well, yet he still remains detached from these obsessions. Its an interesting paradox to figure out and explain.

Could you please further explain unaspected moon?

Also, do you have any insight about relationships this person carries out? Love, family, and friends?

He also seems very secretive, and like he becomes a totally different person when I am not with him, or when hes home alone. We all are to an extent, but its like hes leading a double life? Emotions vs Ego?

Thanks so much.

ScorponicSag

"This might cause him anxiety about and continual adjusting/repositioning of he thinks, how he communicates especially with friends"

Possibly meaning unstable? Changeable? Doesnt know what he wants from day to day? Because that seems right. Its like hes on a teeter totter in his mind.

IleneK

Premium Member
"This might cause him anxiety about and continual adjusting/repositioning of he thinks, how he communicates especially with friends"

Possibly meaning unstable? Changeable? Doesnt know what he wants from day to day? Because that seems right. Its like hes on a teeter totter in his mind.

Many believe that no aspect requires as much continual adjustment between the planetary energies as an inconjunct. And this inconjunct has Uranus and Neptune on one end of it. So it could very well manifest the way you describe.

IleneK

Premium Member
Wow, that makes a lot of sense. What baffles me is that I can tell he has very deep emotions. I can tell by his reactions, morals, his eyes, and energy. Yet, he still seems detached. Not necessarily like he's in a shell trying to hide, more of like he is genuinely unaware of the weight his emotions has. Also, he can tend to be somewhat obsessive in his thoughts. Paranoid as well, yet he still remains detached from these obsessions. Its an interesting paradox to figure out and explain.

Could you please further explain unaspected moon?

If Moon is poorly integrated into psyche because it is largely unaspected, then this may explain the detachment you observe from what are still very strong and deep feelings. Emotional things are going on, but not in the consciousness of the native. Hence the apparent detachment from feelings.

The obsessive/paranoid thinking you describe may result from an exact opposition that natal Mercury makes to traditionally dignified Saturn; and detachment many result as Saturn is in Aquarius. This thinking paradox is highlighted since the planets span the angular 4th-10th axis.

ScorponicSag

Okay. This is beginning to make sense to me. He surprises me from day to do. On his "detached" days he will randomly say something extremely insightful, and on his "insightful" days he we say random ignorant things. He truly never seems to be the same. He seems to have some deep rooted hurt, and also seems to attract these type of people towards him. Even though he reacts almost violently to deceit or "sketchy" behavior, he seems unaware of how to get involved with people who are good for his life. It's a constant cycle. I care about this person and am trying on different levels to understand so that I don't take their actions for something other than they mean.

Would it be too much trouble to look at the compatibility of our charts? Not necessarily for "love" potential, but maybe it can give you insight into why I might be perceiving things a certain way along with his own psyche?

I really appreciate your help. This is teaching me many things.

miquar

What baffles me is that I can tell he has very deep emotions. I can tell by his reactions, morals, his eyes, and energy. Yet, he still seems detached. Not necessarily like he's in a shell trying to hide, more of like he is genuinely unaware of the weight his emotions has. Also, he can tend to be somewhat obsessive in his thoughts. Paranoid as well, yet he still remains detached from these obsessions. Its an interesting paradox to figure out and explain.

I think Pluto's position is very relevant in all this, in particular its hard aspects from Moon, Mercury and Venus. Also what you write in a different post in this thread about his intolerance of deceit. Plutonian energy is concerned with who holds the power. Mercury Pluto aspects tend to signify an association of knowledge with power, and therefore deceit may be seen as threatening and manipulative. Libra rising is looking for a world in which harmony, beauty and truth, and Pluto's hard aspect to Libra's ruler, Venus, could turn this into a survival issue which arouses much passion. Moon in Cancer is very sensitive, and the sesquiquadrate to Pluto suggests emotional vulnerability and a need to protect the self from emotional hurt.

The t square dominates this chart, and although it involves neither luminary nor any angular planets, everything that goes on in his life will probably express this configuration in one way or another. Venus being the chart ruler adds to the importance of the t square.

Both the Sun and Moon are very weakly aspected to other planets in this chart, and both are in their own signs. This could account for his apparent dual nature. The Moon is likely to be the outcast in this chart, because its openness to suffering will be difficult for the air and fire placements to accept. Fire is not adverse to watery feelings in the same way that air is, but in this chart the Leo conjunction makes difficult aspects (ie to Chiron, Saturn and Pluto, as well as the quincunxes which Ilene immediately spotted) - so his fire side is probably heavily defended against vulnerability. He may incline to arrogance at times, but if so, this arises from fear rather than a deep sense of superiority.

Also perhaps significant is that the Midheaven is on the Sun/Moon midpoint, which is also squared by the Ascendant. In fact the Sun/Moon and ascendant/midheaven midpoints are both together in the 8th harmonic (ie a 45 degree sort) which means that When transiting Neptune is around 4 to 6 degrees Pisces he may experience a strong Neptunian phase which would not show up using traditional transiting aspects to natal points (apart from to some extent as transiting Neptune's sesquiquadrate aspects to the ascendant and midheaven.)

Could you say something about the differences between the person he is when he is with you, and the person he is in other situations? This would further clarify how different parts of his psyche/chart are differently motivated and defended.

It is likely that he will undergo intense experiences as transiting Saturn makes aspects to his t square, starting with the conjunction to natal Chiron. There is also one more transit of Saturn to his natal Sun, which will be close during its station in the Summer (Northern hemisphere Summer). These are important times for him. A t square involving personal planets in Leo and the three heavies (Chiron, Saturn and Pluto) needs such intensity to realise its potential. It also needs courage and will-power to contain, rather than to simply act out the tension. He will need to know that he is supported so that he feels safer to share his feelings of vulnerability. But he may also need those close to him to maintain strong boundaries so that he cannot just release this pressure on a whim and therefore avoid his healing process.

If he can successfully navigate this process, he will arrive at place where he can be more relaxed and open with others, and yet paradoxically more emotionally self-reliant. He will see things more clearly, and while he may still feel outraged at deceit, etc, he will not be so thrown off balance by it. He will understand when an 'insight' is valid, and when it is a little eruption of cynicism.

I think he needs relationships in which there is place for his strength and also a place for his vulnerability - in other words a partner who can also be strong and vulnerable, and understands that the two are not mutually exclusive.

ScorponicSag

Wow that was exceptionally insightful! thank you!

It all seems to line up with what he shows me. He has come to realize that I can tell he's sensitive but still refuses to look me in the eye when he feels hurt. If I ask if he's okay he says "don't worry about me. im fine" which feels like he is pushing me away, but when I seem upset he is quick to make sure I am okay. He gets embarrassed easily, which results in the arrogance you speak of. He just gets extremely defensive and gets this "superior" air about him but I can tell it has more to do with his appearance rather than truly feeling offended or upset.

As far as the difference when he is with me and with other people. When he's with me he goes back and forth between lightheartedness (laughing, joking, trying to tickle me, or mess with me) and varied depth on conversation (philosophizing, telling stories, sharing experiences, or secrets). He acts like I am the only existing thing. Then when apart he is very short with words (mostly; and i also think he worries about being rude and texting while with people) kind of dry, or cold, and seemingly lifeless at times. Forgets to message me back, or takes hours. Even while alone. It's like he gets lost in a world, or he's "playing games". Or he is just genuinely that spacey? But I find that last option least likely.

Is there any indicator in his chart that he may be somewhat shallow in relationships? I find that he can become overwhelmed with passion and I cannot tell if its because he's just being a horny man, and he has no concern for me as a person, or he is just simply passionate and is attempting at displaying lovetype feelings through physicality.

I really like this man, but worry because of his dual nature that it might be risky getting involved. But, then again I sort of have a similar way about me.

I am going to display my chart as well. Maybe it can give insight?

The help is greatly appreciated. You have helped me quite a bit. :]

Attachments

• BRITH CHART.gif
    BRITH CHART.gif
    64.2 KB · Views: 10

miquar

Hi. It sounds to me as though you already understand him very well. I can't imagine him being shallow in relationships. Game-playing more than likely, but then that's most of us isn't it?! When he's alone I imagine that he goes into defensive mode and needs to compensate for a sense of isolation by bigging up his independence in his own mind. Its all very natural.

I just popped back onto the forum because you answered a question that I asked and I wanted to tie up that loose end. Also, I tend to avoid doing synastry on the forum as it is so much more involved and speculative than just looking at the natal chart. You're a fiery Scorpio type like he is, so I'm sure you can both get a great deal from being together.

You could perhaps benefit by working developing your attunement to that lovely trine in fire between the luminaries. Saturn's involvement, and the Moon Chiron conjunction, suggest that this won't just fall into your lap, but this configuration is where the gold is to be found in your chart, and the more you are in touch with it, the less vulnerable you will feel in relationships.

Best wishes