Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Witchyone

No I just just wondered if it was some kind of emotional ”fake News” or if it was authentic therefore my question. But hey, I guess it was for real, who would have thought! A miracle!

Y

JA called me fake news one time. It still cracks me up to think of it.

Witchyone

Great username! :lol:

It would be! But then no one would ever take me seriously. Kind of like this girl on a forum I was on once, trying to have this serious conversation about something, and her avatar was a half-naked butt. All I could think was that this *** was speaking to me. :lol:

...she says, while posing as a cat wearing glasses.

Gemini888

It would be! But then no one would ever take me seriously. Kind of like this girl on a forum I was on once, trying to have this serious conversation about something, and her avatar was a half-naked butt. All I could think was that this *** was speaking to me. :lol:

...she says, while posing as a cat wearing glasses.
It happens to me in real life too. I would try to have a serious conversation and people just laugh me off saying I don't have enough brain capacity to hold a serious conversation.

No one ever assigns a sign on me, but judging from the way they see me I could very much be a Pisces to them.

Witchyone

It happens to me in real life too. I would try to have a serious conversation and people just laugh me off saying I don't have enough brain capacity to hold a serious conversation.

Anyone who said that to me would likely find themselves instantly attacked by a vicious animal. Me. I'm not condoning violence, but OMG, not cool.

No one ever assigns a sign on me, but judging from the way they see me I could very much be a Pisces to them.

What do you have against Pisces? Pisces are awesome. Who is stronger in the water than a fish? No one. But they have to stay in the water.

Gemini888

What do you have against Pisces? Pisces are awesome. Who is stronger in the water than a fish? No one. But they have to stay in the water.
Nothing really :innocent: It's just that I appear spacy sometimes and that's the impression people get from me :sideways:

But they don't know how much that Pisces energy help me with creativity :devil: Anyone who does the hating clearly can't see things outside the box.

Witchyone

Nothing really :innocent: It's just that I appear spacy sometimes and that's the impression people get from me :sideways:

But they don't know how much that Pisces energy help me with creativity :devil: Anyone who does the hating clearly can't see things outside the box.

Sometimes in school people get pigeon-holed and can never shake off the stupid stigma or nickname or whatever. I tried desperately to shake off the nerd label when I got to high school because I wanted to be "cool", but everyone remembered! I knew a guy who got called "Buddy" all the way through school in a mocking manner because one year in school he wore some cheap shoes that kids called "buddies."

In other words, **** them and their labels. They were just doing what the masses do. Blindly creating flocks and herding folks into them.

Gemini888

Sometimes in school people get pigeon-holed and can never shake off the stupid stigma or nickname or whatever. I tried desperately to shake off the nerd label when I got to high school because I wanted to be "cool", but everyone remembered! I knew a guy who got called "Buddy" all the way through school in a mocking manner because one year in school he wore some cheap shoes that kids called "buddies."

In other words, **** them and their labels. They were just doing what the masses do. Blindly creating flocks and herding folks into them.
This was my big source of insecurity as a kid, with my 1H SN. It still bothers me sometimes, but I'm learning to **** the label.

My brother is a Leo, and he supposedly has Pisces Moon. As a baby he showed affection toward me. But my Aries Moon was too busy angsting about why he got more attention than me. Nowadays I regret my indifference and we are good friends.

Witchyone

This was my big source of insecurity as a kid, with my 1H SN. It still bothers me sometimes, but I'm learning to **** the label.

My brother is a Leo, and he supposedly has Pisces Moon. As a baby he showed affection toward me. But my Aries Moon was too busy angsting about why he got more attention than me. Nowadays I regret my indifference and we are good friends.

Well, it must have felt incredibly unjust, since you knew you weren't dumb. It probably also made you doubt yourself and what you knew of yourself.

We're all still colored by what happened to us as kids, I think. At least you see it. That puts you ahead of a lot of people in understanding yourself and becoming okay with who you are.

Ukpoohbear

Am I more logical than emotional? That's a difficult question. It could be that because I can appear too unemotional that I have to try to add more emotion and I end up pouring too much emotion. But at least I can keep a bit of my composure. At least I can point out why my favorite movie is good and don't just rely on "xxx is great"

Yeah, and I sometimes appear too emotional on my blog because I'm afraid people don't have enough patient to read it all. I know my blog is very different from other blogs. Not only because I talk about obscure movies but because I dive in much more detail than other blogs. I'm inspired by reviews on Youtube and I want to combine that kind of review with blogging. So while other blogs just give a brief summary on how a movie is great and add some images for aesthetic value, I go on great lenght to use images to demonstrate my point, just like what you see in a review video.

So while part of me know I'm doing something new, the other part is afraid people won't be able to understand because this is too new. Seem like you like that format I use for my blog

Maybe movie reviews can be more informal than critiquing a novel. I was going by the rules I follow when I have done critical analysis for my course. But the way you described wanting to convince someone to watch the movie rather than having it as a critique made me realise it could just be more informal, which is why I wondered why some rules were being broken. But it’s more about bringing recognition to the movie rather than dissecting it. Although, you could still incorporate the idea of taking inspiration from critical analysis because you could compare movies and discuss how they go about portraying a similar thing. But I think I was just coming at your blog from a literary angle when it’s a movie angle.

There are 3 reasons why my blog exists:

• This is going to sound Capricorn-like greedy, but I want to draw people toward the book I'm writing. The blog is like the demo of the style of my book. I want people to have a feel of what my book will look like, what subject matter they will expect to get... And also I know producing a book take soooooooo much time, so I want to provide people with something to read while waiting for my future book.
  • I get a kick out of recommending good movies. I recommended some movies on another less popular forum some time ago, whenever someone asked about movies. What I noticed was that my posts tended to be longer and more detailed than other posts. I think it was because I was invested in the movies I recommended and I could find evidence why I liked them. So I guess why not push a bit harder and start a blog where people can find recommendation?
  • I want to fill a hole. As I said before, my blog is a combination of normal blogging and YT videos. I want to see reviews that actually convince people why a movie is good or bad. Also, because I'm interested in obscure movies, I can cover movies no one has seen before, in case someone has the same interest as me and feel frustrated that they can't find a good review on the internet.
I like obscure movies probably because my Aqua Uranus wants everyone to be equal. My sympathy nerve gets triggered when I see a good movie that gets little recognition. Maybe it also has something to do with my history of being lonely and ignored. As for my interest in death, I don't know for sure. Maybe it's my 8H Pluto.

The blog is a good way for me to talk about life too. I can dissert a character or movie to talk about aspects of life.

Once again, thanks you for taking time to read and critique my blog. And the recommendation too. Maybe one day I will open a suggestion section for people to request their movie. Just a plan

Being lonely and ignored is like you are dying so it’s not surprising you have an interest in death if you have actually felt your soul die.

Oh I wasn’t suggesting I just really like movies, and for some reason I like old movies, especially Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn and Gone with the Wind.

Have you seen any of the films I mentioned? Another one I remember now is the scariest movie I have ever seen is Possession (1981).

King of Comedy and Taxi Driver are good movies too. So much better than the stupid franchise superhero movies we are being bombarded with these days.

conspiracy theorist

So what sign do people often think you are?

I've often been put in the Scorpio camp. I remember when this lady found out that I was born in November she said, "I knew it! There is just something about November persons!" When I tell people I'm born in November "they can tell" or they say, "Oh! You're a Scorpio!" but then when I say I was born in late November I can see their waning enthusiasm. No love for us bow and arrows.

Gemini888

Maybe movie reviews can be more informal than critiquing a novel. I was going by the rules I follow when I have done critical analysis for my course. But the way you described wanting to convince someone to watch the movie rather than having it as a critique made me realise it could just be more informal, which is why I wondered why some rules were being broken. But it’s more about bringing recognition to the movie rather than dissecting it. Although, you could still incorporate the idea of taking inspiration from critical analysis because you could compare movies and discuss how they go about portraying a similar thing. But I think I was just coming at your blog from a literary angle when it’s a movie angle.
It's ok. In fact, when you are talking about serious movies, it's better to have a more formal way to critique them (though I don't want to get too formal :tongue:) If I can find a middle ground between formal and informal, that would be TERRIFIC! I admit that I watch a lot of YT reviews that aren't meant to be taken seriously, but they give me some clue on how to present my ideas to my readers.

And yeah, I was trying to say bringing recognition to the movie. But I couldn't think of a way to describe it so I settled down with "convincing". Guess that sent you the wrong message :pinched:

You are the kind of reader I want to have in my asset. The one who can acknowledge the positive and point out things for changes at the same time.

Being lonely and ignored is like you are dying so it’s not surprising you have an interest in death if you have actually felt your soul die.

Oh I wasn’t suggesting I just really like movies, and for some reason I like old movies, especially Marilyn Monroe and Audrey Hepburn and Gone with the Wind.

Have you seen any of the films I mentioned? Another one I remember now is the scariest movie I have ever seen is Possession (1981).

King of Comedy and Taxi Driver are good movies too. So much better than the stupid franchise superhero movies we are being bombarded with these days.
I know, but I notice that some content creators let people comment on what they want to see next on the blogs/channels. Some just let people comment and pick their idea, others only accept suggestion from excusive fans. That's just something on my bucket list.

I did a quick search for La Vie est Belle, and is this what you are talking about? I haven't seen the movie, but I heard a lot of good things about it, especially when it's about a man thinking of suicide because he thinks he's worthless. That reasonates with me in a lot of way. I haven't heard of the others though.

Gemini888

I've often been put in the Scorpio camp. I remember when this lady found out that I was born in November she said, "I knew it! There is just something about November persons!" When I tell people I'm born in November "they can tell" or they say, "Oh! You're a Scorpio!" but then when I say I was born in late November I can see their waning enthusiasm. No love for us bow and arrows.
If you didn't tell me, I would have thought you were a Scorpio too. Where are your Sag placements located? In 8H or something? Or do you happen to have chart ruler in 8H?

When it comes to date, people would jump the gun and call me a Taurus, just because I was born in May.

David looks like a Gemini to me :whistling:

Gemini888

I know astrology is no good without clear birth data, but some people just display certain traits so heavily to the public I can't help but suspect their Asc. I have met two people like that. One is a Virgo and the other is a Capricorn. And they both acquire a rep for being matured before their age because they just look and act so old. I suspect both of them have Cap Asc, with the Virgo guy also have Virgo MC. I did a "blind" reading for the Virgo guy (without birth hour) and looks like he has a lot of Leo and Libra influence. And neither of the people are as mature as people think, they just act so toward strangers.

conspiracy theorist

If you didn't tell me, I would have thought you were a Scorpio too. Where are your Sag placements located? In 8H or something? Or do you happen to have chart ruler in 8H?

When it comes to date, people would jump the gun and call me a Taurus, just because I was born in May.

Yeah, I think people jump the gun a lot in my case too, but my presentation probably contributes to the knee jerking.

Most of my Sagittarius planets are located in the 12th house. Jupiter is conjunct the ascendant but behind the asc by 4 degrees. The "aura" probably comes from the fact that I have Sun conjunct Pluto, Mercury conjunct Pluto and Moon square (and parallel) Pluto. Pluto also is in a minor aspect to Venus and parallels Saturn. Pluto is the high focus planet in my bundle chart. If the criteria for an aspect working is "feeling them", I admit that I "feel" them all. They've also borne out there significations to me in various iterations of my life.

CapAquaPis

My 39th birthday is in 2 days (going by Greenwich Mean time) or 3 in my time zone...looking back at my life, it's been a fine one and I manage to go on day to day, though I have to be honest to say it's full of struggles and imperfections (typical of Aquarius - tropical and sidereal, Feb 15th birth-date people, and strong Saturn placements in natal charts). Astrology is a wonderful method to look back in my life and to go forward in what my remaining life span has in store.

In the age of Pisces (the last 2,000 years) and epoch of Aquarius (the last 26,000 in the precision cycle), Saturn had 3 cosmic cycles of 29.6 years (times 3 =88.8) to measure how long an average person can live (6 times 6=72, the number of Saturn). Usually, we live between the ages of 60-90. I'm in the middle point of my Saturnian-determined human life span (39 years old, right between 36-42...I can live up to age 72-78).

Now we're in the new age of Aquarius and epoch of Capricorn, the era human beings are living much longer due to medical, nutritional and sanitary advancements, esp. in the developed and increasingly in the underdeveloped worlds, the planet Uranus (7 times 7-84, the number of Uranus) has a similar effect on our live spans, but can it go twice the cosmic cycle of Uranus - 168 years? can we live that long? and is it possible humanity is able to extend our life expectancy? If this is possible, I could live to age 120 in the year 2100.