Mercury and Friendship

Timmytwothumbs

I'm noticing a trend in my life. And that is with Mercury. Mine is at 17° Taurus. And it's not a great place for mercury but it gets the job done. However when another person has Mercury near 17 degrees in an earth sign. conversation is SO effortless. Sometimes it's difficult to stop talking and say goodbye. I also find that my friends always have a focus on the 17th degree of earth and water signs. Has anyone noticed anything similar? I would love to hear your experiences with Mercury and how it shapes your social life.

ardentika

I'm noticing a trend in my life. And that is with Mercury. Mine is at 17° Taurus. And it's not a great place for mercury but it gets the job done. However when another person has Mercury near 17 degrees in an earth sign. conversation is SO effortless. Sometimes it's difficult to stop talking and say goodbye. I also find that my friends always have a focus on the 17th degree of earth and water signs. Has anyone noticed anything similar? I would love to hear your experiences with Mercury and how it shapes your social life.

I can't relate to that. Most of my closest friends have mercury in 25-27 Sag, mine is in 4 Cap and even though it's close to a conjunction it's different signs and modality and basically nothing in common.
However I've noticed the people I get along with best would have something to do with the moon. Most of my close friends are fixed signs moons, I'm a Leo moon. Or their Moon on my DC, definitely some interplay with the Moon. Also a lot of squares and semisextiles with Asc and personal planets.

So I guess it's highly personal, whatever you look for, your planet that represents that will provide you that. For example I get mental stimulation from emotional one, hence why prolly I get more moon action.

Timmytwothumbs

I can't relate to that. Most of my closest friends have mercury in 25-27 Sag, mine is in 4 Cap and even though it's close to a conjunction it's different signs and modality and basically nothing in common.
However I've noticed the people I get along with best would have something to do with the moon. Most of my close friends are fixed signs moons, I'm a Leo moon. Or their Moon on my DC, definitely some interplay with the Moon. Also a lot of squares and semisextiles with Asc and personal planets.

So I guess it's highly personal, whatever you look for, your planet that represents that will provide you that. For example I get mental stimulation from emotional one, hence why prolly I get more moon action.

Well you might be on to something. My moon is 17 Pisces my mercury is 17taurus. So it's in a tight sextile. Maybe what I think is mercury is actually more of a moon feeling, or it could be that since mercury and Moon are connected for me I look for compatible mercury in others as well? It's just strange to me how the only people that I befriend have some connection to my mercury or moon. And they all have something on 17° earth signs.

ardentika

That could be it. We often manifest same aspects as we havein our chart with other people. As in your case you have a harmonious aspect between mercury and moon so that will repeat with other people.

IleneK

Premium Member
I have found both to be true. When my Merc trines by element there is such a flow of communication between us. Always easy and interesting. But also Moon connections and SunMoon connections.
I,too have Leo Moon, and when it touches another's Moon, it makes for very deep emotional understanding and talk between us. Also if my Moon is in the other's Sun sign. And other's Moon is in my Sun sign, then extraordinary communication despite [or perhaps because of?] of our Mercs squaring.

Merc is thinking mind; Moon is feeling mind, both of which comprise our connection to and expression of Mind with One another..
All pretty mysterious and wonderful?

Last edited: