Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat > Spiritual Realm

Spiritual Realm This is the place for deep conversations on the divine, spiritual, esoteric, metaphysical, and arcane in your life.

Unread 05-24-2014, 09:34 PM

Smile Words of Power

Your thoughts;

Doesn't matter whether you call it prayer or meditation, what matters is whether we use them or not. Years ago, I discovered that in traditional ways we tend to pray in the wrong way, as the Christ tried to teach us. Words of power are those we use from our own mind and awareness through our communications with a higher Source, which is the Creative One. I truly think that Native prayers were often more in keeping with the truth, whereas those created in religious clutches miss the mark entirely.
We are not meant to be asking for 'things or situations', but rather to be asking for blessings and strengths, as well as giving thanks for our own blessings. We are meant to show gratitude, before asking for things that strengthen us against the ills of the world. How do you personally feel about using 'Words of Power' to greater align yourself with the Higher Consciousness of Divinity and Creativity? Blessed be.

Andrea_ (05-21-2015), lilithofeden (05-31-2014), StillOne (07-30-2014), tr1nity (05-26-2014)
Unread 05-25-2014, 01:03 AM

Hi kimbermoon,

Interesting topic. what you said about offering gratitude makes perfect sense as it confirms that which you are asking for.

my pastor said something that really resonated with me. He said that during prayer, its just as important to spend time listening to God as it is talking to Him.

Regarding asking for specifics, I do think its true that God knows better than "we" (our conscipus selves) do. I do think that envisioning goals that we want to be fulfilled in our lives gives focus to them and helps them to be accomplished. Maybe it is a matter of being careful what you wish for.

I will share a mantra i have recently learned and have been saying:

Om Sri Rama Jaya Rama Jaya Jaya Rama Om

"Om to Rama and his consort. victory to Rama, victory victory to Rama"

Apparently Gandhi chanted this mantra each day and it is used to remove fear & anger and attain spiritual liberation

Last edited by Phoenix Venus; 05-25-2014 at 01:13 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phoenix Venus For This Useful Post:
kimbermoon (05-25-2014), tr1nity (05-26-2014)
Unread 05-25-2014, 02:03 PM

Re: Words of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimbermoon View Post
Your thoughts;

Doesn't matter whether you call it prayer or meditation, what matters is whether we use them or not. How do you personally feel about using 'Words of Power' to greater align yourself with the Higher Consciousness of Divinity and Creativity? Blessed be.
Hi Kimbermoon and Phoenix Venus,

I think that meditation/prayer is one of the most important things that you can do to discover your divine essence. I also believe the effect is much more powerful in mantra especially when you resonate with the words and say them with meaning...
I also think, we already have everything we need... everything is because it is..... and I agree, it's not about asking for specifics as PV mentions it's about being grateful for all the miracles and the beauty of the life. Although I do believe that no 'true' call for help goes un-noticed.
I also believe prayer is valuable especially if it's used to help rather than ask however as soon as this becomes a duty, that power is lost in my opinion so the way I see it, the intention or maybe even connection with the 'words of power' are extremely significant.
This is a part of one of my favourite mantra's it means happiness to all beings

'Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu'

Have a great day!
The Following User Says Thank You to tr1nity For This Useful Post:
kimbermoon (05-25-2014)
Unread 05-25-2014, 08:37 PM

I like the "words of power" attached to the bottom of my posts.

Also, the Bible gives in several different places and in different wording: "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you."

"God" doesn't have to mean the Old Man with the White Beard up in the sky, or a supernatural father. It can mean a divine presence of consciousness permeating the universe.

These words of Jesus are often helpful: "Not my will, but Thine be done."
My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. Jack Layton, "Letter to Canadians"

I thought we went along paths--but it seems there are no paths. The going itself is the path.
C.S. Lewis, Perelandra.

Life is not about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself. Message on a refrigerator magnet.
The Following User Says Thank You to waybread For This Useful Post:
StillOne (07-30-2014)
Unread 05-26-2014, 04:29 PM

Hi kimbermoon, very wise choice of words, I would like to share a certain perspective, I believe that we come to this world having built in powers, but we cannot access them unless we use the words of power, as the Divine rules the past, present and futur, so He already knows what we'll have to go through and we need for every situation
The Following User Says Thank You to Madammaha For This Useful Post:
StillOne (07-30-2014)