A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

david starling

Contraceptive - by definition, prevents conception (fertilization).

If conception has already occured, it is not a "contraceptive".

I stand corrected. You're absolutely right. Birth-control pills work by preventing ovulation, not implantation. Spermicides also prevent conception.

david starling

Contraceptives are necessary to prevent abortions. Planned Parenthood is a major supplier of contraceptives to low income women.

The question is, why aren't more young people using contraceptives in the first place? And, why aren't anti-abortionists pushing hard for more use of contraceptives, especially in lower income areas, where the cost of giving birth & raising a child could be the #1 reason for wanting an abortion?

david starling

Sweden has free abortion on demand until the 18 week mark. And, no abortions allowed, barring unforeseen complications after 22 weeks. This is in line with no fetal brainwaves until 24 weeks.

As far as black communities are concerned, why aren't black conservatives who are against abortion helping with the contraceptives needed to prevent abortions? Or, maybe they are, if it's a real cause for action in their opinion.

eekndyn

I don't live in Sweden and therefore can not speak as to their terms. I will not pretend I know. I live in the United States and pay taxes here. So my concern is where I reside. If you live in Sweden, what is the black population like? Are planned parenthood strategically placed within the lower income communities? My ob hands out free contraceptive. Also a one parent household has a higher rate of abortions than duel parents.

Dirius

Sweden has free abortion on demand until the 18 week mark. And, no abortions allowed, barring unforeseen complications after 22 weeks. This is in line with no fetal brainwaves until 24 weeks.

Sweden has an age of consent of 15, which is disgusting.

Lets not use those perverts as an example of morality.

Last edited:

eekndyn

That is disturbing.

I did some research. David, do you know many abortions were performed in sweden in 2019. Its sad to say, but the US out beats them in a week. 36,000 for the entire year of 2019.

david starling

That is disturbing.

I did some research. David, do you know many abortions were performed in sweden in 2019. Its sad to say, but the US out beats them in a week. 36,000 for the entire year of 2019.

By percentage of population: 10 million in Sweden, 330 million in the U.S.A., Sweden has twice the percentage rate of abortions compared to the U.S.

Last edited:

david starling

Sweden has an age of consent of 15, which is disgusting.

Lets not use those perverts as an example of morality.

Hawaii raised its age of consent from 14 to 16 in 2001.

More than half the States in the U.S. have 16 as the consensual age.

Decadent California has the age of consent at 12. :surprised:

•[Edit]:Correction!!! Actually, California is one of 11 States with the age of consent at 18.

The rest are either at 16 or 17.

Inquisag

On average, 1,876 black babies are aborted every day in the United States.

This incidence of abortion has resulted in a tremendous loss of life. It has been estimated that since 1973 Black women have had about 16 million abortions. Michael Novak had calculated "Since the number of current living Blacks (in the U.S.) is 36 million, the missing 16 million represents an enormous loss, for without abortion, America's Black community would now number 52 million persons. It would be 36 percent larger than it is. Abortion has swept through the Black community like a scythe, cutting down every fourth member."
Blackgenocide.org
A hi
Thanks for the clarification.

I disagree with your statement. I am pro-choice. Genocide can only occur when people are born alive.

I wish there was more concern for people who are born alive. I wish there was more effort put toward making the living world a less racist and violent place.

david starling

Is limiting population growth in the black community using contraceptives on a voluntary, non-coerced basis, mainly because of economic factors, considered "genocide" by black conservatives?

Dirius

I disagree with your statement. I am pro-choice. Genocide can only occur when people are born alive.

I wish there was more concern for people who are born alive. I wish there was more effort put toward making the living world a less racist and violent place.

So a fetus is not alive?

Dirius

Is limiting population growth in the black community using contraceptives on a voluntary, non-coerced basis, mainly because of economic factors, considered "genocide" by black conservatives?

You are advocating population control of a specific minority david.

Re-read your statement.

JUPITERASC

So a fetus is not alive?
main-qimg-0e78cca95dd8ef0811209dfd6e49a238

david starling

You are advocating population control of a specific minority david.

Re-read your statement.

No, it's the black conservatives who are singling it out. I, for one, would suggest that anyone, of any race should have contraceptives readily and affordably available to avoid economic hardship, or any other problem related to having a child.

You can't have it both ways--EITHER the object is to prevent abortion on moral grounds; OR, the object is to increase the population. If it's the latter, then contraception would be just as objectionable as abortion.

eekndyn

Genocide definition:
The systematic and widespread extermination or attempted extermination of a national, racial, religious, or ethnic group.
Extermination definition
The act of exterminating; total expulsion or destruction; eradication; extirpation:
Abortion definition
Induced termination of a pregnancy with destruction of the embryo or fetus.

david starling

Genocide definition:
The systematic and widespread extermination or attempted extermination of a national, racial, religious, or ethnic group.
Extermination definition
The act of exterminating; total expulsion or destruction; eradication; extirpation:
Abortion definition
Induced termination of a pregnancy with destruction of the embryo or fetus.

As Dirius so correctly pointed out, "contraception" is not "abortion".

Last edited: