Mercury retrograde, July 2012

Neptune Rising

Hi!

It's nearly retrograde! Does anyone have stories so far, what does it aspect in your chart? Its also sextiling Venus and Jupiter during the retrograde, which seems nice.

Its currently opposite my natal Mercury/Venus conjunction. Gemini rules my 7th house, and Virgo rules my 9th. Venus rules 10th, 5th and 6th. Today while its opposite natal Mercury, an ex called me after no contact for a year. We've known each other since 1998, been together and split a few times. He asked me to marry him a few times, I wasn't ready. I've been thinking of him intensely the last few weeks, really considering whether I would marry him now that I'm more mature. Then, out of the blue, he calls. Its always been like that with me and him, I think of him alot, then he either calls and tells me he's been thinking of me alot, or we bump into each other. :biggrin:

Vista

Hi!

It's nearly retrograde! Does anyone have stories so far, what does it aspect in your chart? Its also sextiling Venus and Jupiter during the retrograde, which seems nice.

Its currently opposite my natal Mercury/Venus conjunction. Gemini rules my 7th house, and Virgo rules my 9th. Venus rules 10th, 5th and 6th. Today while its opposite natal Mercury, an ex called me after no contact for a year. We've known each other since 1998, been together and split a few times. He asked me to marry him a few times, I wasn't ready. I've been thinking of him intensely the last few weeks, really considering whether I would marry him now that I'm more mature. Then, out of the blue, he calls. Its always been like that with me and him, I think of him alot, then he either calls and tells me he's been thinking of me alot, or we bump into each other. :biggrin:

My last boyfriend and I broke up during this past Venus retrograde. He's a Gemini Sun and Virgo rising, I am sort of hoping to hear from him again when Mercury goes rx. It will oppose my Saturn, then Mercury, trine my ASC/DES and then trine my natal Venus(ruler of my 7th). Also, T North Node will be rx to conjunct Natal Venus and so is T Neptune squaring Venus. I am not sure if this is strong enough or symbolic of him coming around again, however we did also break up under all the outer planets but for Uranus retrograde including T North Node. I think about him all the time and randomly keep seeing his name popping up in different places.

Neptune Rising

Ah I hope you do hear from him Vista, it looks like Mercury retrograde opposite a planet seems to be a trigger for external events! I wonder if he thinks of you too. I get a telepathic connection with this ex of mine, I've always loved him, just never thought I could be with him, until now.

Its hovering opposite my natal Mercury (11) and Venus (12) Aquaruis now. Now, the house where I'm lodging, the internet has finally gone down. It had been playing up the last month, it would disconnect but I managed to get it to reconnect when I turned it off, then back on again. But now, even that doesn't work, it just seemed to have frazzled out! :( I have a friend with Mercury transiting retro in his 3rd house, and low and behold, his technical/electrical, mainly computer things are going wrong this week. He has Uranus in his 3rd, in Leo, very smart guy!

Caro

A friend emailed me to say her phone not working - network down. apparently this is affecting a lot of users.(leo in 11th H)
My phone is in repair shop - should be back tomorrow................:whistling:(leo in 9th House) had an email from friend who lives overseas(which is unusual)

I have an interview Friday! ha ha. for a temporary role though but probably not good timing- its for an organisation I have never worked for before. :crying:

Vista

Ah I hope you do hear from him Vista, it looks like Mercury retrograde opposite a planet seems to be a trigger for external events! I wonder if he thinks of you too. I get a telepathic connection with this ex of mine, I've always loved him, just never thought I could be with him, until now.

Its hovering opposite my natal Mercury (11) and Venus (12) Aquaruis now. Now, the house where I'm lodging, the internet has finally gone down. It had been playing up the last month, it would disconnect but I managed to get it to reconnect when I turned it off, then back on again. But now, even that doesn't work, it just seemed to have frazzled out! :( I have a friend with Mercury transiting retro in his 3rd house, and low and behold, his technical/electrical, mainly computer things are going wrong this week. He has Uranus in his 3rd, in Leo, very smart guy!

Thank you. Well...interesting enough, I just saw my ex boyfriend on a dating site last night!! I guess the woman he let back into his life while dating me is not going as well as I thought! Oddly, this made me feel very happy as it's sort of tortured me wondering if they are falling in love. It's been hard because I really miss him. As I said, he is Gemini Sun/Virgo rising and Gemini rules my 3rd house. T Jupiter in Gemini is trining my N Mercury(usually means good news for me of some sort) through July 17th followed with T Mercury squaring my natal Saturn from the 18th-23rd and the second transit of this aspect, this usually brings some sort of bad news. I wonder if my ex will reach out to me when he see's me on the dating site but I won't like what he tells me? Ugh!
On the other hand it could also mean any 3rd house issues....and Mercury rules my 6th(intercepted) and Saturn rules my 10th. Possible issues there too. :sad: Saturn is about delay and hard lessons.

Good luck with your Internet problems. Perhaps an external Internet connection would work better; Sprint has one you plug into your computer and can log in online anywhere.

cando

This Mercury retrograde is already starting to stand out more prominently than previous ones. I'm in the middle of making a huge life (and financial, which will affect the rest of my life) decision that I've tried to put on hold through Venus retrograde (I'm a Taurus Sun w/ Libra Moon.) But I didn't see this retrograde coming and it's making me feel even more crazier than Venus r.
Leo rules my 3rd house, my Mercury is in Taurus in the 12th (Gemini rising.) So it's not surprising that:
One, today, the Fax machine and scanner at the school I've been accepted into wasn't working when they needed to send scholarship info right before deadline. They ended up sending me the stuff through email and had me send it through fax, and after I faxed it I realized that the info on the sheet wasn't correct.
Two, a couple nights ago I was trying to introduce a person who I have a crush on to a couple friends (old friends who we weren't expecting to see, who we had also just been talking about) but then I introduced him as the wrong name-- I introduced him as his last name. He didn't say anything and I didn't realized it until about 15 minutes later but when I apologized he was in good cheer and thought it was funny.

Also, I was wondering if this forum might have any feedback on the school situation. I applied to school a while ago and sort of put it on the back burner as it started to seem less important, but recently I realized (while Venus was in retrograde) that it is important for reaching certain goals. There are a few sheets that I need signed by August 1st-- obviously Mercury will still be in retrograde-- do you see any exceptions to this? The sheets deal with financial/housing stuff. Also, the recent solar eclipse happened on my birthday when a lot of this was re-instigated.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Attachments

• my chart.gif
    my chart.gif
    17.9 KB · Views: 26

Neptune Rising

For me, the internet has come back, but Mercury still has 2 more passes opposite my natal Mercury/Venus. I think the big thing is my ex getting back in touch as he has brought up so many memories now, and we haven't even met up in person yet. I think its best not to make any decisions until it goes direct, and just observe what comes up during this time.

Inline

For me, the internet has come back.........

I think its best not to make any decisions until it goes direct, and just observe what comes up during this time.

Hi NR,
this prediction came in from a website today that reviews all types of weather anomilies and their effects on us...
http://youtu.be/-qIsxM853M0

According to this posting, there is a huge solar storm headed our way. The storm is to hit the earth this weekend, just in time for Mercury Rx in Leo! Solar storms have a huge effect on the earths magnetic field and can therefore, interfere with current technology and communication.:unsure:

Hold onto your horses everyone - and maybe stock up too, just in case!

T

Teb

Most Mercury Rx someone I don't want to talk to contacts me. This time I will have Mer Rx in leo conjunct my n Mer at 7*. During the Ven RX I had a guy that i was truly in love with contact me however the conversation was not as intimate as I would like, however it did make me go backwards and review the conversation. I surely hope that it will trigger a deeper conversation between us when it hits my natal mer. I believe it is going to be stationary on that degree. I am also a leo sun.

lilithofeden

Does anyone have any input on buying a car days before a Merc. Rx?? My SO has been trying to sell his car since last week. Things kept stalling and so tomorrow it should go through.. But by then Merc will be RX (right? I'm pretty sure it was the 14th, I'm going by memory here). My SIL just bought a Jeep too and she gets it on Monday. I don't know if she signed everything or is in the process of taking ownership.. But I think within the last few days of the pre Merc. Rx still affects the sale negatively, right?

26Degree

Does anyone have any input on buying a car days before a Merc. Rx?? My SO has been trying to sell his car since last week. Things kept stalling and so tomorrow it should go through.. But by then Merc will be RX (right? I'm pretty sure it was the 14th, I'm going by memory here). My SIL just bought a Jeep too and she gets it on Monday. I don't know if she signed everything or is in the process of taking ownership.. But I think within the last few days of the pre Merc. Rx still affects the sale negatively, right?
If your purchase takes place after rounds of research and you're being extremely scrupoulous with everything involved, then why not.

SagiCap

I don't recommend it.

http://www.lynnkoiner.com/astrology-articles/mercury-retrogrades-2007-2008

Horus

:annoyed: Great. I've also been in Mercury square Mercury since the 9th and that will continue for another week or more, so with it turning Rx I should have all kinds of "fun" next week! Perhaps I better just withdraw to my art studio in the country for a while and read and paint. :joyful:

M

may28gemini

Mercury retrograde is a funny thing. Well, not just "HAHA" funny by making things go wonky, but just overall funny. I'm starting to wonder that when Merc goes retro, if the people who have that Merc sign natally will feel it more keenly than others.

I have N Gemini Mercury and I've noticed when T Mercury goes retrograde in Gemini, everything gets completely $%^&*#@! The last time that happened was in May 2009. That one was a major b*tch. I lost my job because of a strange miscommunication, I called up student loans to rectify a mistake and gave them my SSN 5x and the system said I didn't exist :mad:

Most of my friends have Virgo Mercury, and the last time that happened was August 2011. One friend got her own apartment (for the first time) during Virgo Merc retro and she was moving in. It was towards the end of the night and she came with her last batch of stuff. One of her co-workers helped her move stuff in his car, unloaded her things at the front door, and drove off. She tried to open the door but the key snapped off. Unfortunately, she had left her cellphone in the apartment and had no one to call. She sat outside waiting until morning when a neighbor spotted her and she got to use their phone to call a locksmith to let her inside. When she told me the story, I casually mentioned my "theory" and she demanded that the next time Merc goes retro in Virgo that I tell her not to make any big decisions.

Now that T Mercury goes retro in Leo, I wonder if those with N Leo Mercury will have some loopy experiences.

Moog

This is interesting, and unlike me. I found myself actually returning to work on old writing projects, and reading the huge backlog of saved articles I've accumulated rather than pursuing new things.

It's so unlike me that I had to check my transits, which I rarely do. I don't keep tabs on what's occuring in the sky generally, only when something kicks off, and I feel the need.

Mercury is in the 9th of my chart.

poyi

Premium Member
A friend emailed me to say her phone not working - network down. apparently this is affecting a lot of users.(leo in 11th H)
My phone is in repair shop - should be back tomorrow................:whistling:(leo in 9th House) had an email from friend who lives overseas(which is unusual)

Had a good few hours of argument with my boyfriend because my internet and phone network were down for about 1 hour. My Leo cusp in 12th though in western tropical, so 3rd house Sun rules 12th.

In sidereal vedic, I am Leo rising and Sun in 3rd conjuncts natal Mercury. 3rd house Mercury rules 2nd house Mars in Virgo, Mars rules 9th house Aries.

byjove

Account Closed
For me it's been basic communication that has been delayed, many situations. I received news of yet another just this morning...I asked for info. on my birth from my hospital because family dispute it, the hospital said it normally takes up to 1 month for a reply but I may not even get one due to staff shortages! Ha! More delays...I was about to buy a new computer but I think I'll wait...:andy: