Have you ever seen an Indian person in an interracial relationship before?

Which of the following couples have you seen or known?

• Indian guy - White girl

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Indian guy - Black girl

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Indian guy - Asian girl

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Indian guy - Latina

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Indian girl - White guy

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Indian girl - Black guy

• Indian girl - Asian guy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Indian girl - Latino guy

• only seen Indians date other Indians

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • never seen an indian person my whole life

• Shoutout to muh homegurl shaniqua, HAY HAY HAY!

• Total voters

Dioso

Why are you polling such a random thing? I am in a relationship with an Indian right now and I am American :)

weeeelllllll

1. Never seen it, at least not with dudes and other girls
2. people act like it doesn't exist
3. parents not gonna force me into an arranged marriage but tell me girls don't go for Indian males, and my parents are Indian!

student4life

Are you in America? I have seen many relationships with Indian guys and "other ethnicities... I have seen:
2 Indian girl/ Black guy, 3 Indian girl/ white guy, 1 Indian girl/ Hispanic guy, 2 Indian guy/ White girl, and even 1 Indian girl/ white girl.... and this is just from my close friends off the top of my head ;) Plenty of girls like Indian guys, I know that girls are constantly chasing my guy and he's not even on the market. :)

Dioso

ya in the US, but curious about this so I posted

anyways what are you? like what kind of White? Italian? Irish? curious

student4life

LOL I am a definite cocktail... Spanish, Mexican, Portuguese, Cherokee Indian, Scotch-Irish, English and German... It's what happens here in America, people come and mix, and mix some more :)

Dioso

LOL I am a definite cocktail... Spanish, Mexican, Portuguese, Cherokee Indian, Scotch-Irish, English and German... It's what happens here in America, people come and mix, and mix some more :)

OMG

*drooling*

your boyfriend is ONE LUCKY GUY

you live on the west coast?

Mark

A better question is how student4life ended up knowing so many Indians in the United States. I only know one Indian guy (by blood and heritage, American born) and all other Indians I've only met in passing. He's a laid back Leo and has no trouble with the ladies. Actually, his trouble seems to be not knowing when to not get involved!

Regardless of race:
If you want young girls to like you, act like a self-absorbed douche-bag.
If you want women to like you, act responsible and caring.
(Depending on your age, I would definitely recommend the latter.)

student4life

I met my Fiancé's sister when we were in undergrad. She came to the US for college and her brother followed the year after. The rest is history :) a lot of their friends also came to the US for school and then they all have family members here so then it becomes like one big family. Do you guys live under a preverbal "Indian rock"? LOL

Dioso

A better question is how student4life ended up knowing so many Indians in the United States. I only know one Indian guy (by blood and heritage, American born) and all other Indians I've only met in passing. He's a laid back Leo and has no trouble with the ladies. Actually, his trouble seems to be not knowing when to not get involved!

Regardless of race:
If you want young girls to like you, act like a self-absorbed douche-bag.
If you want women to like you, act responsible and caring.
(Depending on your age, I would definitely recommend the latter.)

I am 19, my parents crush my self esteem at times telling me girls don't wanna thing to do with an Indian unless he is rich. Thing is they are just bad people overall as I am starting to realize, they restricted me SO MUCH and now they expect me to just break out of no where.

student4life

Dioso,

I obviously do not know your parents, so I can not say definitively, but I don't think they are "bad" people. It is not easy being parent and everyone is going to have a different way of trying to raise their children to a desired outcome. I know as the child in the situation it can feel very harsh and hurtful, but I doubt that is your parents original intent. I am assuming your parents are from India originally and this is most likely the way they were brought up, so they do not know any other way than this. The Indian way is so different from the American standard that it can be very confusing for an Indian youth to try to get into the dating arena here in the US while still living under the expectations of their parents. Most Indian parents are going to want you to be an Engineer a Doctor or a Lawyer because they feel those are the only degrees that are going to get you any real amount of money and respect. Do not put so much weight on the assumptions they are pushing your way. Just try to learn how to be comfortable in your own skin and don't worry about stereotypes and judgements of others. Everything takes time and you can't expect yourself to be "Casanova" over night ;) Give it some time, it will work out. :)

MSO

I am 19, my parents crush my self esteem at times telling me girls don't wanna thing to do with an Indian unless he is rich. Thing is they are just bad people overall as I am starting to realize, they restricted me SO MUCH and now they expect me to just break out of no where.

Haha, there are people in the US that will only date same-color people. But, there are a lot that will date any color. Your race has nothing to do with what people find attractive :wink:

I have a lot of Asian friends and they're supposedly unattractive because they're short and effeminate (or whatever the stereotypes are) and they find plenty of non-Asian partners. I think Indian guys have a better standing :biggrin:

Dioso

Dioso,

I obviously do not know your parents, so I can not say definitively, but I don't think they are "bad" people. It is not easy being parent and everyone is going to have a different way of trying to raise their children to a desired outcome. I know as the child in the situation it can feel very harsh and hurtful, but I doubt that is your parents original intent. I am assuming your parents are from India originally and this is most likely the way they were brought up, so they do not know any other way than this. The Indian way is so different from the American standard that it can be very confusing for an Indian youth to try to get into the dating arena here in the US while still living under the expectations of their parents. Most Indian parents are going to want you to be an Engineer a Doctor or a Lawyer because they feel those are the only degrees that are going to get you any real amount of money and respect. Do not put so much weight on the assumptions they are pushing your way. Just try to learn how to be comfortable in your own skin and don't worry about stereotypes and judgements of others. Everything takes time and you can't expect yourself to be "Casanova" over night ;) Give it some time, it will work out. :)

believe me, when I say bad parents, my parents really do set the standard, like seriously do

Dioso

ya I mean I had to suffer obesity because of them feeding me oily foods high in bad carbs, when I said no they started a fight and yelled at the top of their lungs against me for it

has pretty much turned me away from Indian culture though I do associate with Indians if they are good people

my parents are just, well I won't get too much into it but lets say I have missed a lot of opportunities in life because of them and I do not want to miss another one

student4life

Well it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, so I think you will be able to overcome your difficulties from your childhood. Take them as lessons learned and find a positive attribute that it has given you. Every experience in life can be taken as a positive, it only makes you stronger. Don't let negative experiences define who you are. You are in charge of your choices and how you deal with life. You create your destiny. :)

MTTY05

I've seen it. 5 years ago I was living with 2 Indian roommates and one of them had a white girlfriend. And I think I've seen a black guy with an Indian woman.
I think you should have a fair shot with any woman you want, regardless of race. Especially if you live in a medium-sized or large city, you should be fine. Its usually not until after you go outside of a metropolitan area when you encounter people looking at you funny for being in an interracial relationship.
In my opinion, some parts of the US Midwest and South are pretty backwards so you may have a tougher time there.

MaeMae

Banned
no one can FORCE you to marry anybody.
but they can disown you, or whatever equivalency.
i knew a euro~american gal who married an Indian man. They had two children and divorced after 10 years. My friend, Deeka, an Indian gal, has an older brother who married by family arrangement and he has been married for 30 years. I think he has a roving eye, though.
I'm unpopular in saying never to marry for love.
Marry for compatibility, humour and physical/mental health.
~ I believe indifference can turn into love just as love can turn into indifference.
Younger folks are likely to disagree.

Dioso

no one can FORCE you to marry anybody.
but they can disown you, or whatever equivalency.
i knew a euro~american gal who married an Indian man. They had two children and divorced after 10 years. My friend, Deeka, an Indian gal, has an older brother who married by family arrangement and he has been married for 30 years. I think he has a roving eye, though.
I'm unpopular in saying never to marry for love.
Marry for compatibility, humour and physical/mental health.
~ I believe indifference can turn into love just as love can turn into indifference.
Younger folks are likely to disagree.

true ture true