If our moon was destroyed, what would happen astrologically?

Ben

Banned
This is a deep and interesting question, Mutable.

As the moon is the closest astrological "inner" planet to earth, and symbolises our "animal instincts" - perhaps the answer revolves around humankind's evolutionary development, symbolised by the recently discovered "outer" planets.

If we accept that Uranus, Neptune and Pluto were each discovered only when the consciousness of a "required number" of people had evolved sufficiently to become aware of them - and that the numbers of these "consciously aware" individuals will constantly increase, until the evolutionary characteristics of these planets become commonplace qualities in the individuals and societies on Earth - then, at that point, we will have evolved sufficiently to be in complete control of our instinctive behaviour - (like the Vulcan's in Startrek) - and there will no longer be a need for a moon "above" (in the heavenly zodiac), because it will no longer symbolise what is "below" (in the individuals on Earth).

So, if the moon was destroyed, the rate at which humankind evolves into it's higher octave of consciousness (symbolised by Neptune) would neccessarily be accelerated - and (given our current levels of evolutionary consciousness) it's likey that the majority of us would be unable to cope with that - and might even be driven insane by the inevitably intense Neptune testing that would ensue.

[Let's hope it doesn't happen in our lifetimes, Mutable:smile:]

Ben

Last edited:

Mutable

[Let's hope it doesn't happen in our lifetimes, Mutable:smile:]
We have the technology (atomic bomb, etc.) to destroy the moon so I'd still really love to see what happens.
It will also affect the sea life because the moon has been influencing the tides for centuries.

Moog

We'd be showered in chunks of burning cheese.

Seriously though, interesting question... I heard they were bombing the moon for some strange reason a little while ago, and the same thought occurred to me.

Gradvlax

Surely we would all be vapourized in a flash and our planet would become like mars? The moon plays a crucial role in stabilising the earths gravity doesn't it?

Nature abhors a vacuum so chaos would see to it to substitute something else, like a black hole or something. Wow, some cutting edge astrophysics going on here!

Perhaps we would end up like Martians :alien: who apparently have no emotional body. We would become dry rationalised creatures with no feelings or opportunity to grow or connections to the past....hmmm.....like politicians.

Our Soul's would have no focus point (ego) to play out the lesson's it needs to learn and grow. That's what I reckon :smile:

sequestra

Pretty disturbing concept, really interesting question though. I know what I'll be having nightmares about tonight anyway. [Sorry I don't really have anything to contribute on the matter, I just wanted to be subscribed to the thread...]

Mark

What would happen to a computer if you were to pull out the hard drive while it was running? The whole system would break. Not to mention the fact that the destruction of the Moon would end complex life on Earth. The Moon is what stabilises the Earth's rotation. Most other planets have wildly varying axial tilts, not just within a few degrees as we do. Without the Moon, our axial tilt would become wild and the predictable seasons would disappear. There would be no more agriculture and possibly no more plant life that we would recognise as sufficient. There would still be algae and bacteria, but mammals? There's no telling.

miquar

I think that as the rhythms of life went to pot, due to what Mark mentioned above, the Lunar anxieties of all life on earth would flare up, including in humans. We'd probably all become like animals protecting 'me and mine' with no site of broader humanitarian principles (some would say we're like that anyway). We'd see the bioshphere that we've taken for granted for so many centuries - that we've sought to conquer and abuse rather than honour and cherish - in a different light I think. For all our sophistication, we need the Moon like an infant needs a carer, to provide consistency, nourishment and continuity.

Sagmoon

If our system would be such that we had no moon, the astrological make up would be different from the start. If however it got destroyed accidentally or intentionally, well can anyone know really? But I think if we would still remain alive we would gradually undergo an evolutionary change, and no there would be no moon signs, how the other planets would play out in this case is only open to imagination... interesting question i think a person represents a singular all contained system independent, or capable of being independent, since we are not bound to the planets, we move about the globe and travel to space, however we still get influenced by the rest of the solar system, so say if we were in one part of the globe and then travel to the opposite location, we would experience jet leg for some time but since we are independent to a degree that allows us to stay alive and continue living but now under a different angle of the moon. Taking this further one can see that any physical planetary change could create a similar reaction. Although our evolution dictates that we have grawn into our moon signs, take the moon sign away, we would begin to shape into something else all the while maintaining the history of what we have acquired thus far. With time we could and would even change our physical appearance, because we are independent...to a degree.

a bit of science fiction:)

JUPITERASC

Just watched the first three videos of the series... Very interesting, but that's just too much physical science! Being an astrology fan, I'd like our discussion to center around astrology!
Astrologically, "if we had no moon" the planets and solar system would presumably abide by the laws of motion as affected by the absence of Earth's moon - irrespective of whether or not any life remained on earth to observe and/or analyse the theoretical situation :smile:

Sagmoon

Astrologically, "if we had no moon" the planets and solar system would presumably abide by the laws of motion as affected by the absence of Earth's moon - irrespective of whether or not any life remained on earth to observe and/or analyse the theoretical situation :smile:

amen

(...............................................................................................is it 10 characters yet!?)

Ben

Banned
The general consensus here seems to be - "No moon in the heavens above, no life on Earth below".

Symbolically - that translates as "a life without instincts and emotions would be no life at all"

JUPITERASC

The general consensus here seems to be - "No moon in the heavens above, no life on Earth below".

Symbolically - that translates as "a life without instincts and emotions would be no life at all"

So far as we are aware.
Remember, it is the light of the Sun illuminating the moon that allows it to be visible:smile:

Nexus7

Originally Posted by Ben

So far as we are aware.
Remember, it is the light of the Sun illuminating the moon that allows it to be visible:smile:

On the other hand, Earth is the only planet on which life has evolved. What might that be down to?

Nexus7

The Moon was being 'bombed' incidentally to find out if there was water under its crust, which might then be used to sustain a colony there.

Or just a matter of imperialist get-there first. I understand since that Obama decided to put future Moon missions on hold, anyway I beleive NASA still have their sights on Mars.

Just in case this very destructive breed of apes manages to destroy the Earth, which is possibly an even bigger question mark hanging over our futures: there are still a lot of terrorist crazies about, imperialistic crazies in general and a lot of spare nukes. I see NASA is now greedily eying all those hopefully-unoccupied alien Earth-like planets, but I would imagine we have a long way to go before warp-speed factors get to be discovered.

I do find this a disturbing question, I know Colin Wilson wrote some enthusiastically-Niestchean novel called the Mind Parasites, based on ideas from Blavatsky et.al where all of a sudden a few humans become spiritualised supermen and they get rid of our sad benighted satellite with great efficiency. Some of you might like it, it wasn't my cup of tea at all though, which might or might not be a girlie thing.

There are certain views going around that a 'brown dwarf planet' Nibiru is going to come close to earth and set off massie earthquakes, sunami's and earth changes that will make the planet inhabitable...

2012 The Truth You're Not Being Told Part 1 (Full 95min)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAE0Zox1QjM&feature=BFa&list=PLA535AD076ADD75AF&lf=results_main

2012 The TRUTH You're NOT Being TOLD Part 2 (Full Length 88min)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKkYZVEFs-c&feature=BFa&list=PLA535AD076ADD75AF&lf=results_main

Fragoso

Hello
If moon was destroyed that would affect earth in a dramatic way. Tides, the seas, the agricultere would be completely ruined...
Without moon, we just have neptune (8th octave of moon) and this planets is very slow. I guess we would all become persons with no emotions, and with a inner void inside us (admiting that moon is the planets that explains emotions in humans)....

And for not talking in werewolfs they would get really reallu craizy... Imagine those poor creatures 'what should i do? be a man? or the wolf? Oh here it's my last bone' :alien:

Fragoso