I feel like my sun and asc are wrong

ariesisthebest

I'm an aries sun with a leo moon and a leo asc, however these dont describe me that well, especially when you take the aspects into account. For some reason, I am the epitome of a Libra. I physically look like a Libra in my opinion. http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-...tylist=Tacoma,+WA+(53),+United+States&lang=en I can try and attach a picture of my face too lol. But the linked description of me said that I was all about balance in my life, which is true. I don't know, I just want to know why If I am an aries and a leo, then why do I act and look like a Libra? My mother is a cancer with a libra asc, and people say that we look alike. I just identify a lot more with the traits of a libra than with the traits of my sun and rising sign, and libra isnt even that important in my chart! Can someone explain? p.s. Sorry for the terrible pic of me it was with a webcam XD

Attachments

• Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 43

JUPITERASC

I'm an aries sun with a leo moon and a leo asc, however these dont describe me that well, especially when you take the aspects into account. For some reason, I am the epitome of a Libra. I physically look like a Libra in my opinion. http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-...tylist=Tacoma,+WA+(53),+United+States&lang=en I can try and attach a picture of my face too lol. But the linked description of me said that I was all about balance in my life, which is true. I don't know, I just want to know why If I am an aries and a leo, then why do I act and look like a Libra? My mother is a cancer with a libra asc, and people say that we look alike. I just identify a lot more with the traits of a libra than with the traits of my sun and rising sign, and libra isnt even that important in my chart! Can someone explain? p.s. Sorry for the terrible pic of me it was with a webcam XD
The link to your natal chart is not functioning :smile:
HOW TO ATTACH A CHART TO YOUR POST ON THE FORUM
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

JUPITERASC

Meanwhile TIPS FOR VERIFYING ASCENDANT http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51626

the ascendant is a perennially intriguing subject
Keep in mind that even within the same race there are differences of skin tone and eye colour :smile:
and furthermore
it's not unusual for children of the same race to be fairer or darker complexioned than their siblings.

So within the race of white/whitish people some siblings are darker/lighter complexioned than others
and likewise within the race of black/blackish people some siblings are darker/lighter complexioned than others

Focusing on
height
weight
bone structure
eye colour
gives overall good results

Black people with Blue eyes and other ethnicities Parts 1 and 2http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vhW7rR6VDg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPBpCWm89Y

JUPITERASC

For some reason, I am the epitome of a Libra. I physically look like a Libra in my opinion.
But the linked description of me said that I was all about balance in my life, which is true.
I don't know, I just want to know why If I am an aries and a leo, then why do I act and look like a Libra?

.....I just identify a lot more with the traits of a libra than with the traits of my sun and rising sign,
and libra isnt even that important in my chart!
Can someone explain?
Clearly all Libras are not identical in physical appearance :smile:
and having a life that's "all about balance" does not mean a person is automatically 'a Libra'
That's the "One-size-fits-all School of astrology"
a close relative of the "Cookbook School of astrology"
both generalise
both are fun
generalisation is fun
but unreliable

ariesisthebest

Clearly all Libras are not identical in physical appearance :smile:
and having a life that's "all about balance" does not mean a person is automatically 'a Libra'
That's the "One-size-fits-all School of astrology"
a close relative of the "Cookbook School of astrology"
both generalise
both are fun
generalisation is fun
but unreliable

If you could've accessed the first link that I posted, you would see what I am saying. Im not being general either. http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-...tylist=Tacoma,+WA+(53),+United+States&lang=en can you try to copy and paste the link? It worked on other forums and with other people also. Also, it isn't a private account. It's public.

JUPITERASC

The 1st House Main Rulerships:

'....Life, vitality and health.
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body :smile:
Older sources note its influence upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.

In general, the first house represents the focal point for the personality and manner of expression.

As well as describing the physical appearance
the condition of this house and that of its planetary ruler indicates the level of personal vitality and strength.....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

JUPITERASC

If you could've accessed the first link that I posted, you would see what I am saying. Im not being general either. http://astro.cafeastrology.com/cgi-bin/astro/natal?member=&recalc=&name=Me+&sex=t&d1day=6&d1month=4&d1year=1998&d1hour=14&d1min=44&citylist=Tacoma%2C+WA+%2853%29%2C+United+States&lang=en can you try to copy and paste the link? It worked on other forums and with other people also. Also, it isn't a private account. It's public.
It IS generalised,
because it is produced by computer software
that churns out identical comments
to different people
based solely on date of birth
:smile:
i.e. that's
"Cookbook" astrology aka "One-size-fits-all Astrology"

ariesisthebest

The 1st House Main Rulerships:

'....Life, vitality and health.
Stature, colour, complexion, form and shape of body :smile:
Older sources note its influence upon the intellect, the way the mind works, and speech.

In general, the first house represents the focal point for the personality and manner of expression.

As well as describing the physical appearance
the condition of this house and that of its planetary ruler indicates the level of personal vitality and strength.....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/temples/h1.html

would you describe that as one of the driving factors behind my dilemma? My moon in the first in leo?

JUPITERASC

Begin with your ascendant
LEO
ruler SUN
located in ARIES and assembled with SATURN MERCURY AND MARS
ALL of those planets influence your appearance :smile:
MOON also has a big influence on your appearance
because conjunct ascendant

unless you have an incorrect time of birth

ariesisthebest

It IS generalised,
because it is produced by computer software
that churns out identical comments
to different people
based solely on date of birth
:smile:
i.e. that's
"Cookbook" astrology aka "One-size-fits-all Astrology"

Well, I definitely see what you are saying. If this is true, could you look at my chart and give your opinion? I'd love to see if what you say differs from the "One-Size-Fits-All" approach. :)

JUPITERASC

Well, I definitely see what you are saying.
If this is true, could you look at my chart and give your opinion?
I'd love to see if what you say differs from the "One-Size-Fits-All" approach.
:)
"One-size-fits-all" occasionally 'fits' one random person or another
but is unreliable
individual delineation takes time, many hours in fact
however since ours is an astrological learning forum
members are encouraged to be empowered and learn how to interpret their own natal charts
this can only be done by constant practicing

Is it the only one though?

Very briefly then, just skimming the surface:
The MOON is the swiftest moving planet and as such the harbinger of CHANGE
the MOON is associated with change of all kinds
including change of residence
change of lifestyle
change of opinions
change of work
change of interests
"being changeable/moody"
the list is endless :smile:

and keep in mind that
natal MOON on the ASCENDANT is in application to FOUR Aries planets

and so
that introduces a complex mix of CARDINAL qualities
CARDINAL signs are also associated with CHANGE

That's in direct conflict with the stablity of FIXED sign LEO

'.....CARDINAL signs are associated with action, movement and change
- they are opposed to the stable quality of the fixed signs.
Traditionally they are termed the moveable signs
because they bring change and create inconstant conditions. .....'
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/cardinals.html

also
'....Astrologers associate the Moon with the faculty of imagination,
of fantasy, as for example in imaginative writers or dreamy poets...'
read the links to info on the Moon

also study SATURN
your natal MOONs closest aspect from ASCENDANT is to SATURN
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/saturn.html

ravenscall

Your 3rd house is in Libra. You speak and think like a Libra. You also have Moon opposite Venus, Libra is ruled by Venus, so that's why you feel Libra. You also have Venus in aspect (opposition) to your Ascendant. Venus aspecting the ASC can bring out Taurus and Libra traits.

I have a Libra Ascendant and Venus trine Ascendant but I feel like a Cancer - why? Because I have 5 planets in my 4th house. And for ages I thought I could be a Cancer Rising because I didn't relate to Libra. But I realised, you can feel like a sign without thinking that sign is your ascendant, because then your whole chart would change. So while you don't feel like an Aries or Leo, (which makes sense as your Aries planets are conjunct Saturn, which restricts the Aries because Saturn is a) in its fall in Aries (not the best placement for Saturn) and b, is connected to your Aries planets, so the fiery energy of Aries you probably have a harder time connecting with. And while you don't feel those signs, that can make you feel others in your chart more. The chart is never wrong not unless you are 100% sure the birth time is false. The chart also never lies. The sign on the ascendant is not the be all and end all of a chart either. :)

ariesisthebest

Your 3rd house is in Libra. You speak and think like a Libra. You also have Moon opposite Venus, Libra is ruled by Venus, so that's why you feel Libra. You also have Venus in aspect (opposition) to your Ascendant. Venus aspecting the ASC can bring out Taurus and Libra traits.

I have a Libra Ascendant and Venus trine Ascendant but I feel like a Cancer - why? Because I have 5 planets in my 4th house. And for ages I thought I could be a Cancer Rising because I didn't relate to Libra. But I realised, you can feel like a sign without thinking that sign is your ascendant, because then your whole chart would change. So while you don't feel like an Aries or Leo, (which makes sense as your Aries planets are conjunct Saturn, which restricts the Aries because Saturn is a) in its fall in Aries (not the best placement for Saturn) and b, is connected to your Aries planets, so the fiery energy of Aries you probably have a harder time connecting with. And while you don't feel those signs, that can make you feel others in your chart more. The chart is never wrong not unless you are 100% sure the birth time is false. The chart also never lies. The sign on the ascendant is not the be all and end all of a chart either. :)

Thank you for your explanation! I know for a fact that my birth time is accurate, I was just so confused on why i was never like an aries. One of my friends sun sign is in gemini but she has an aries ascendant and lots of marsian energy, (we're exact opposites) she hits frist asks questions later, and me, well... :w00t: But I always wondered why and I guess that's true... And my chart progressed into Taurus when i was 12 XD If people ask me what my sign is I just say Libra. :whistling: If I say aries I get funny looks :biggrin:

waybread

Ariesisthebest, sometimes when people are just learning astrology, they have read a few things about sun signs and rising signs that leave a lot to be desired; either because the descriptions are incomplete or don't really explain their seemingly random list of static personality traits.

Also, rising sign descriptions don't account for inherited family genetics. If you look like Mom, this might be your DNA, not your rising sign.

This is how I'd interpret your chart, as-is, and perhaps you can tell me if it's accurate. With your sun and a big stellium in the 9th house, you are probably a more deep-thinking person than a feisty Aries sun would normally suggest. However, if you have any inclination for overseas travel, it is entirely in keeping with the 9th house.

Also, Saturn (Dr. No) conjunct the sun tends to restrict and restrain the sun's normal enthusiasm. But I think you are able to take the initiative, sometimes strongly so, when you need to take action. With your Leo moon conjunct the ascendant, you probably love to look your best-- not necessarily in the flashy bling-bling way caricatured in popular astrology descriptions, but in a way that suggests good taste.

You have two very strong planets in Pisces. Jupiter is in his own sign as the traditional ruler of Pisces (Neptune is the modern ruler,) and Venus is exalted in Pisces, which traditionally also means good things. Venus opposes your moon-Ascendant, so in a way, your moon-Ascendant gets Venus-ized (if that makes sense to you,) and they get Venus-ized in a Piscean kind of way. To me, your photo looks dreamy, a more Piscean sort of description. (Hopefully not via alcohol or drugs, as people with Neptune square Mars, as you have, are very sensitive to such substances.) You also look really well-groomed, which I think is the Leo rising coming out.

Moreover, your sun is now getting a dose of Venus, as well. Astrologers look at how people change over time, and your sun has progressed into Taurus: both Libra and Taurus are ruled by the planet Venus. (A secondary progression uses a year-for-a-day formula, where one year in your life is simulated by one day's worth of movement in the position of your sun.) While you don't lose your natal Aries roadmap, you have added some new Taurean, Venusian traits to your sense of self (sun).

I think you're at an age where questions about one's identity and sense of self are very common. And where you are now is merely a transit stop on your road to maturity.

I think you can go places, if you want to. You have three planets that are extra strong by virtue of being in the signs they rule: Jupiter (traditional ruler of Pisces,) Mars in Aries, and Uranus (modern ruler of Aquarius.) You have two planets in their traditional signs of exaltation (Venus in Pisces, sun in Aries.) Your chart has what's called a "bucket" formation, with that prominent Leo moon as the "handle," giving your moon special prominence. You may be very good at presenting yourself to the public in some way, and Mom is an extremely important influence in your life.

In the meantime, I hope you continue to explore astrology, and see where this journey takes you.

Last edited: