Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 01-21-2011, 07:04 AM

Re: Beginning to Study Astrology

Hi, very new to all of this, I know a little and have played with my chart. I am very confused about the new zodiac sign making 13. I was already confused with my chart seemed like frustration and struggle constantly then nothing ever "fit" so to speak.I am a Leo with a Virgo ascending conjunct moon. Jupiter conjunct sun. Now I am a Cancer and my chart has run amuck. Could someone please help me make sense with some simple structure as to what to do in Interrpretaton and what do I need for Financial success. Astrologically speaking Im lost. Thank you

Unread 01-21-2011, 05:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by gina View Post
Hi, very new to all of this, I know a little and have played with my chart. I am very confused about the new zodiac sign making 13. I was already confused with my chart seemed like frustration and struggle constantly then nothing ever "fit" so to speak.I am a Leo with a Virgo ascending conjunct moon. Jupiter conjunct sun. Now I am a Cancer and my chart has run amuck. Could someone please help me make sense with some simple structure as to what to do in Interrpretaton and what do I need for Financial success. Astrologically speaking Im lost. Thank you
Nothing in your chart has changed. That news report was spurious.
Unread 01-27-2011, 05:36 PM
Account Closed

I've a burning question directly connected to all of this, and I don't see the sense in opening up an entire, new thread just for this, but what about Stage 2? Or 3?

- I'd like to see where the holes are in my knowledge, see what's next on the list; what would the teachers here recommend as the next 10 on the list?
- As ever, as different as we are offline, there are many astrologers on here with very diverse methods and processes, and as much as I welcome and respect diversity, I get confused. Asteroids, as mentioned earlier, are a prime example. Some on here use them and some don't, some stick to Ptolemic aspects, others don't. I guess if I'm asking some of this, I've yet to find my feet on a few things, but I've been happily experimented with other things such as house systems and I've tightened orbs that I think are relevant so I'm getting there...
- How do I know what I need to sharpen up on?

I see William Lily's Christian Astrology still reigns high, but the language and descriptions and decoding that kind of English nearly killed me, but I shall try again.
Unread 01-28-2011, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
Nothing in your chart has changed. That news report was spurious.
Yes it keeps cropping up every now and again and any scientific astrologer knows it is nonsense....
Unread 01-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by byjove View Post
I've a burning question directly connected to all of this, and I don't see the sense in opening up an entire, new thread just for this, but what about Stage 2? Or 3?

- I'd like to see where the holes are in my knowledge, see what's next on the list; what would the teachers here recommend as the next 10 on the list? basically whatever you want to delve into. There is no set regimin
Time of course is valuable, espec when working

- As ever, as different as we are offline, there are many astrologers on here with very diverse methods and processes, and as much as I welcome and respect diversity, I get confused. Asteroids, as mentioned earlier, are a prime example. Some on here use them and some don't, some stick to Ptolemic aspects, others don't. I guess if I'm asking some of this, I've yet to find my feet on a few things, but I've been happily experimented with other things such as house systems and I've tightened orbs that I think are relevant so I'm getting there...
- How do I know what I need to sharpen up on? I would probably leave asteriods til last, then play around to see if you can identify anything with them. Nice to hear you have looked at other house systems other then the default of placidus

I see William Lily's Christian Astrology still reigns high, but the language and descriptions and decoding that kind of English nearly killed me, but I shall try again.
Transits is usually the first thing people study and research, by going back into their past and seeing what transit was doing what. That way (time permitting) you can look forward into the future.

Then, try secondary progressions, for rectification of charts/times etc, look into solar arcs. Then solar returns etc
Unread 02-19-2011, 05:36 PM

I'm a noob still trying to memorize some of the basic characteristics of the planets, signs, and houses as well as the basic aspects (conj., opp., trine), way too much stuff to keep into my head at once!

Stubborn-as-a-bull Aspie.

My Natal Chart
(the right TOB this time!)
Unread 03-21-2011, 04:37 AM

Nice suggession !
@atoot
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:32 AM

Gina,
I sincerely hope your motivation for studying astrology is not to achieve financial success. Astrology is to better understand yourself and others.
Unread 04-08-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
Very well put. The Church typically advised against the masses gaining too much knowledge and therefore not able to be controlled. They have typically used it themselves however for a long time. God created the Universe and we are part of it all. Keep them dumbed down and in fear has been the modus operandi of the church.

To be a genuine astrologer is to know that your beliefs only deepen when you know that there is a Godforce, whatever that may be, not a person as we know it and certainly not restricted to "He". I would suggest. We all know that the Bible has been adulterated, misinterpreted and edited to suit the prevailing authorities and their agendas.
you're right about that.
definitely church is against, ahmmmm, not really against, it was just they do not agree or believe in astrology, Because they have faith that God controlled evreything. Anyway it was there opinion, besides we all have our own beliefs

Oranum Astrology Readings
http://www.mindsignal.com/index.php
Unread 04-09-2011, 12:46 PM

Absolutely. Few seem to realize that exceedingly detailed and nuanced readings are possible from thorough application of the basic principles. In my own education I found that the simple rotation of the houses opened up virtually endless possibilities. -al
Unread 05-20-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire19 View Post
I am presuming Jupiter contacts Uranus natally??? THe trine with Jupiter should be enlightening. Saturn is in aspect to your MC natally???
Group associations connected to matters of universal truth and philosophies in life. Also the afterlife and reincarnation etc. You may gain from being involved with humanitarian endeavours. New Age technologies and hopes for the future are view with optimism and may present opportunity. If indeed Jupiter aspects Uranus natally it is a great time learn astrology of course.
Well, when you are looking at your own chart, it will be the most difficult to interprete it by yourself. Astrology in my opinion is a research which complete your knowledge of yourself - but that is something what us occupy the whole life! We are too much nearby to ourselves, that makes us blind . For me I found it always easier to interprete charts of people who are unknown to me. Even the charts of my relatives are not so easy for me, and I don't know, why it is so. I suppose that astrology as an insight in our inner world is a similar mannor with an analysis. There also it isn't easy to do it alone yourself.
Unread 05-23-2011, 06:29 PM

I like that Frank. Good common sense approach, all the way down the line!
Unread 06-25-2011, 12:54 AM

Thank you for putting some structure to the method of learning. The more I learned, the more I learned what I didn't know and the snowball of ignorance was becoming overwhelming.
I have always known there was more to "me" than a Sun Sign. There are too many variations in personalities to believe we should all fit into 12 categories. When I stated (last week?) learning of the impact of What (planets), How (Signs), and where (houses), I knew I was onto something rich. Something that could tangibly support the "Nature" part of the Nature/Nurture discission. So, I started cutting and pasting blurbs and definitions together. It started making sense but was extremely time consuming. Then came the aspects ...., then predictive astrology,... my brain went into overload. I knew I needed to step back and begin a more structured approach - but where to start. This is a fascinating discipline. I am grateful for all the help and guidance to understand it better.
Unread 07-12-2011, 03:11 AM

Unread 07-12-2011, 08:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phuonguyen05 View Post
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...8&postcount=55
Unread 09-28-2011, 07:12 AM

Nice post. May help people who teach and study astrology as well.
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
I am a competent astrologer with over 30 years teaching and guiding. I do not use asteroids, fixed stars and the like......I offer free lessons online for anyone who wishes to learn.... starting with the basics and continuing into predictive work. I do not use transitting nodes for instance. Chiron is maybe a support or back up but that is all.

I dont use solar arcs but I do use solar returns. Transits and progressions are very useful.... Too many theories and hypotheses abound which are not accurate or correct. I do not use minor aspects except if they are exact and strongly positioned... I prefer to keep a very complex science as simple and as uncluttered as possible. ''Any enquiries seahorse19@hotmail.com and put astrology in the heading.

Cheers
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akira12 View Post
Well, when you are looking at your own chart, it will be the most difficult to interprete it by yourself. Astrology in my opinion is a research which complete your knowledge of yourself - but that is something what us occupy the whole life! We are too much nearby to ourselves, that makes us blind . For me I found it always easier to interprete charts of people who are unknown to me. Even the charts of my relatives are not so easy for me, and I don't know, why it is so. I suppose that astrology as an insight in our inner world is a similar mannor with an analysis. There also it isn't easy to do it alone yourself.
I tend to agree that analysising your own chart can be difficult because of the emotional attachment and lets face it, wanting to see only the good and positive. I always get another astrologer to look at my chart for any big issues.... Another perspective. However only you know yourself well and more so as you mature.

Family matters, I dont usually look into much unless there is something really important. I dont want to know that my niece for instance is going to die young or have a grave illness and I have to wait for that to happen......it is stressful.

Celebrity charts for practise is the best and many many of them. Very few people are cut out for astrology and many fall by the wayside as it is not for them....It is easier these days with chart calculations being made for free on websites and no textbooks needed in that way, anymore... HOwever a lot of misinformation abounds on the internet and this a real problem.....Theories and legends which have no basis in actual fact. Astrology is a science as well as an art...
Unread 09-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Banned

If you look in our Recommendations forum, you may find lots of links for lessons and also our *Education forum*

Free lessons
http://www.skysage.com/
Unread 09-28-2011, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrologer50 View Post
If you look in our Recommendations forum, you may find lots of links for lessons and also our *Education forum*
Free lessons
http://www.skysage.com/
and plenty of reliable information for all at http://www.skyscript.co.uk/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Unread 10-26-2011, 08:17 PM

Hey Frank, How do you find your dominant planet in your chart like I heard some people say oh I am a Jupiter person or some other planet.. Also I'm a cancer and I find a lot of other people more emotional or sensitive than myself. I would say the only thing I tend to pick up the fastest is I have strong reactions to people and places I walk into. Astrology has no sentimental, home or great emotional connection for me. I just think it's fun and interesting.
Thanks
Unread 10-26-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
Hey Frank, How do you find your dominant planet in your chart like I heard some people say oh I am a Jupiter person or some other planet.. Also I'm a cancer and I find a lot of other people more emotional or sensitive than myself. I would say the only thing I tend to pick up the fastest is I have strong reactions to people and places I walk into. Astrology has no sentimental, home or great emotional connection for me. I just think it's fun and interesting.
Thanks
Check out his article I wrote some time ago and eventually posted here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=17099

It might help you understand how I find important planets in a chart.
Unread 10-26-2011, 08:47 PM

Thank you very much.
Unread 10-26-2011, 09:08 PM

I looked over the link you send me quickly, I will read it in detail after. I did see that you mentioned planets in their homes and different signs being honoured guests in some placements. Like I have a mars in Capricorn but then I have a sun opposition mars, can this make the home more traumatic for my placement. How does it colour my placement? Or does it just give me an overall competitive or argumentative energy. I guess this can also be balanced out by other aspects right? Also if I am looking at my chart I know the highest points are angels do you have anything on those? One last question, if I have a lot of aspects involving a particular planet what does that mean, like I have a lot of Venus ones for example. Thank you very much for your time hope Im not buggin you too much. (reposed from private message so everyone can see)
Unread 11-01-2011, 05:57 PM

Chart synthesis is just that - synthesizing various components of the chart to (it is hoped) come up with clear observations. An astrologer has to learn to separate the wheat from the chaff in every chart he or she looks at. There is no "this planet is here so it MUST mean this". One has to tie specific placements into the rest of the chart using dignity, dispositors, aspects, etc.

I'm not sure what you mean by angels. I usually dispense with such loaded terms which tend to bring their own baggage with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love2Know View Post
I looked over the link you send me quickly, I will read it in detail after. I did see that you mentioned planets in their homes and different signs being honoured guests in some placements. Like I have a mars in Capricorn but then I have a sun opposition mars, can this make the home more traumatic for my placement. How does it colour my placement? Or does it just give me an overall competitive or argumentative energy. I guess this can also be balanced out by other aspects right? Also if I am looking at my chart I know the highest points are angels do you have anything on those? One last question, if I have a lot of aspects involving a particular planet what does that mean, like I have a lot of Venus ones for example. Thank you very much for your time hope Im not buggin you too much. (reposed from private message so everyone can see)
squirrelofdoom (05-01-2017)

Tags
astrology, beginning, study