Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Technique

Horary Technique This sub-board is the placeholder for all threads concerning theoretical and technical issues in horary astrology.

Unread 06-02-2014, 08:39 AM

Re: Magic 8 ball technique

But do you think there is any reason to investigate in those 40 cases if an equal house division would give a more accurate count of answers?

Unread 06-03-2014, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arena View Post
But do you think there is any reason to investigate in those 40 cases if an equal house division would give a more accurate count of answers?

No (at least not for me)-although Equal house is very close to Whole Sign, nonetheless I am convinced of the greater reliability of Whole Sign over all other house division formats: however, this is not to discourage anyone who might want to do so, from experimenting with Equal house (or other house division systems) in testing the Magic 8 Ball method (remember that originally the Walis used the Alchabitius house system in their various astrological practices, including what I have termed the "Magic 8 Ball" astro-divination technique)
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
Arena (06-03-2014)
Unread 06-03-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. farr View Post
No (at least not for me)-although Equal house is very close to Whole Sign, nonetheless I am convinced of the greater reliability of Whole Sign over all other house division formats: however, this is not to discourage anyone who might want to do so, from experimenting with Equal house (or other house division systems) in testing the Magic 8 Ball method (remember that originally the Walis used the Alchabitius house system in their various astrological practices, including what I have termed the "Magic 8 Ball" astro-divination technique)
Well, I looked at the chart for my sale in May question again to see how the houses would fall with Alcabitius house division, and if I would have used that, then the 4th house would have had it's cusp at IC in Libra and the answer would have been a YES.
Unread 06-03-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
And now, since it is the first day of June, I find it appropriate to ask about yet another sale in June. I do know that I will be registering a property, maybe more than one - the question is if I'll sell at least one property in the month of June.

So here is the chart casted, and the answer is a YES, I like that the ruler is indeed Jupiter and it is now in direct motion ...so my hope is that it will be a bigger property this time, giving me more salary.
And if I do the same with this chart for my question about sale in June, and look what Alcabitius house division would answer me - the answer would be a double NO with IC in Scorpio and Saturn inside it! ... so let's see for June now, if whole house works better. June is already promising as I am just getting a very good property to show this month and it is in an area that is the most popular in the city, so should sell very fast.

The possible explanation about May can also be that although I did get an offer that got accepted in May, the actual formal sales agreement will not be signed until in June.
Unread 06-04-2014, 03:27 AM

Quote:

The possible explanation about May can also be that although I did get an offer that got accepted in May, the actual formal sales agreement will not be signed until in June.

This could be an important consideration, in determining whether or not the 8 Ball gave a correct or incorrect answer to the question-in our testing of predictive methods regarding specific timing questions we must always be circumspect about such matters.
Unread 06-23-2014, 08:01 PM

Quote:
And now, since it is the first day of June, I find it appropriate to ask about yet another sale in June. I do know that I will be registering a property, maybe more than one - the question is if I'll sell at least one property in the month of June.

So here is the chart casted, and the answer is a YES, I like that the ruler is indeed Jupiter and it is now in direct motion ...so my hope is that it will be a bigger property this time, giving me more salary.
Hey, just to keep you updated for learning purposes - this chart for June sales was indeed positive. I did sell three properties already this month that have the sales contracts signed this month - and hope that I am about to sell the fourth next week. I also got some extra work as well and I also made some money for a charity organization... so I guess having Jupiter as the ruler of the question and in it's exalted sign and conjunction to the Moon does have an impact on the outcome So this was indeed a good month.

This outcome does indeed suggest that it is the whole sign house system that works in the case of 8 ball.
Unread 06-28-2014, 05:33 AM

The question is, will he call me again. I take the 3rd from the 7th as the signifying house. It's ruler is Venus, so the answer would be yes.
I just posted the question on the forum, so you are welcome to analyze it under the horary lenses as well.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...419#post560419
Unread 07-08-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Hey, just to keep you updated for learning purposes - this chart for June sales was indeed positive. I did sell three properties already this month that have the sales contracts signed this month - and hope that I am about to sell the fourth next week. I also got some extra work as well and I also made some money for a charity organization... so I guess having Jupiter as the ruler of the question and in it's exalted sign and conjunction to the Moon does have an impact on the outcome So this was indeed a good month.

This outcome does indeed suggest that it is the whole sign house system that works in the case of 8 ball.
Since I am posting all these information for learning purposes and to add to your databank dr. farr - I must add to this question from June that I did not get paid for those sales yet. So post nr. 206 is corrected - I thought the contracts would all be signed in the end of June, but they didn't and I am still waiting for them to be signed this week. Although it was a good month selling, since the contracts have not been signed yet, I will not get paid for those sales now in July. There was only one small project that I could have got paid for in June - but I will put it to this month's note.

Last edited by Arena; 07-08-2014 at 09:41 AM.
Unread 07-08-2014, 09:36 AM

And here is this next month of July - the same question, will I sell a property this month.
4th house ruler is Jupiter again, so the answer should be positive - I'll give you feedback later this month.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot from 2014-07-08 09:29:18.png (180.3 KB, 3 views)
Unread 08-04-2014, 10:04 AM

Hey dr. farr, I was just wondering what the percentage was now? I think the last time I checked, it was around 80% of cases being accurate?
Unread 08-11-2014, 11:40 AM

I did a question about whether or not someone I like will follow me back on Twitter, and I got Virgo rising, Pisces on the 7th, Scorpio on the 3rd, Taurus on the 9th.. which house would be more relevant to the question?
Unread 08-13-2014, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cascada View Post
Hey dr. farr, I was just wondering what the percentage was now? I think the last time I checked, it was around 80% of cases being accurate?
In my continuing testing of the 8 Ball here on AW, the accuracy PC is still at (slightly more) than 80% (8/12/14)
Unread 08-13-2014, 05:28 AM

Quote:
I did a question about whether or not someone I like will follow me back on Twitter, and I got Virgo rising, Pisces on the 7th, Scorpio on the 3rd, Taurus on the 9th.. which house would be more relevant to the question?
If its someone you have at least somewhat of a relationship with, it would be 3rd from 7th for the answer (ie Taurus); if its more of a (currently) friendly relationship (not yet moving into what could be considered romance) then I would select 3rd from the 11th as quesited significator (ie Libra). If you can't decided, then use the 3rd from the 7th, taking the 7th house as the "generic other" (following the practice of al-Biruni and others in do so), which would be Taurus.
Unread 08-31-2014, 01:53 PM

Supposing if one is to draw a yes/no horary chart and NN sits in the first house, according to horary deliniation, NN is favourable according to your post here. But if you were to use the same chart and use MB8 technique, it would give NO answer no matter what which seems contradicting/confusing so which answer should one take?
Unread 09-30-2014, 07:06 AM

Hi Dr. Farr, does this technique uses the tropical or sidereal zodiac alongside the whole signs system? Or does it not matter?

Last edited by Ninneveh; 09-30-2014 at 07:09 AM.
Unread 11-25-2014, 12:43 PM

When asking about the feelings of someone else, would it be 7th from 7th or 5th from 7th? For example, if I were to ask if someone was attracted to me/had feelings for me, which house would I use?
Unread 09-19-2015, 08:42 PM

I don`t have this chart uploaded yet team but used house 5 re is her unborn child due in two months of male gender ?

YES was the answer via magic 8 ball technique ..

They want an `exciting surprise` in this regard .. so is only a fun experiment for me ... whatever the outcome

When I was carrying my `Firstborn`, a Gypsy in a local town market insisted she needed to hover a threaded needle over said prospected infant, convinced her absolute conviction re this divination process for her was virtually irrefutable, in her experience ..

Divination/ the Divine is ALWAYS GUIDING BENEVOLENTLY Beloved`s, we only experience LESS THAN THAT ABSOLUTE KNOWING when out-of-sync with that .... which the COSMOS reflects back to us via Divination, when looking outward, or `INSPIRATION` within
Unread 09-21-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
When asking about the feelings of someone else, would it be 7th from 7th or 5th from 7th? For example, if I were to ask if someone was attracted to me/had feelings for me, which house would I use?
Use the 7th
Unread 09-23-2015, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Scor Moon Aqu Asc Vir View Post
I don`t have this chart uploaded yet team but used house 5 re is her unborn child due in two months of male gender ?

YES was the answer via magic 8 ball technique ..

They want an `exciting surprise` in this regard .. so is only a fun experiment for me ... whatever the outcome

When I was carrying my `Firstborn`, a Gypsy in a local town market insisted she needed to hover a threaded needle over said prospected infant, convinced her absolute conviction re this divination process for her was virtually irrefutable, in her experience ..

Divination/ the Divine is ALWAYS GUIDING BENEVOLENTLY Beloved`s, we only experience LESS THAN THAT ABSOLUTE KNOWING when out-of-sync with that .... which the COSMOS reflects back to us via Divination, when looking outward, or `INSPIRATION` within
To Clarify The Gypsy was correct re her needle and thread trusted divination process ....

Magic 8 Ball I have found to be more than (90%) correct personally for me ... tis a fascinating technique I love playing with, BUT only when COMPELLED TO
Unread 10-29-2015, 12:08 AM

A Beautiful Baby Boy has arrived delighting my neighbours, as well as I among others living close by ...

When I mentioned I `sensed` it was a Boy prior to his appearance? both parents stated that those closest to them KNEW that too ...

Unread 10-29-2015, 01:38 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!

Wonderful creatures they are, those babies
Unread 03-03-2017, 04:44 AM

Since I have been mentioning the Magic 8 Ball method of astro-divination a number of times since my return to AW (February 2017) I thought I would refresh this thread for the information of our newer AW members.
The Following User Says Thank You to dr. farr For This Useful Post:
lex6819 (03-08-2017)
Unread 03-06-2017, 07:27 AM

Thank you for sharing such simple and interesting method.
I checked with my known horary charts, and the success rate was below 40%, disregarding the charts with Cancer as the quesited house.
I will keep checking this method though.
Unread 03-08-2017, 12:56 PM

I found this thread after Dr. Farr replied to a career related horary question I had posted on the career horary board.

Since then, I've been reading the posts on this thread, and trying to apply Magic 8 ball to some of my older charts. The problem with the old charts is they predict things that still haven't happened yet, in most cases.

I ran a new chart this morning when I woke up thinking about a new question.

I will attach it to this message.

The question was "will I be with my soulmate next month" (short time frame so I can test the answer and post results here!)

Actually I think I was literally thinking "will I be in my Soulmate's arms next month" which is a bit more specific I guess.

I will take the 7th house as the signifying house for a relationship question (since it deals with soulmates). (Would you agree that is the correct house, even 'though I'm not asking about marriage?).

I'm still a beginner with astrology. So, looking at the chart itself I'm not 100% certain I know how to identify the cusp visually. Is it the first sign the house is overlapping, as you look at the chart moving counterclockwise from the first house?

If so, the 7th house cusp is in the sign of Virgo, which is ruled by Mercury, giving a "yes" answer to my question.

If It's one of the other overlapping signs then the answer would be:

If Libra: ruled by Venus = yes answer

If Scorpio: ruled by Mars = yes answer

So, even if I picked the wrong sign, it's a yes answer in any of those cases, but I would like to know if I chose the sign correctly, for future chart reading purposes...

Have I done this correctly?

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: gif SoulmateHoldNextMonth.gif (53.1 KB, 4 views)
Unread 03-09-2017, 01:54 AM

Here is an important point (re to the 8 Ball) for both previous posters (and others as well) to remember:

-the Magic 8 Ball technique as I have described it (and tested it) is BASED ON WHOLE SIGN HOUSES; I cannot say whether or it will work when using quadrant house systems like Placidus or Regiomontanus; my testing has been ONLY with using the 8 Ball in yes/no horary questions IN WHOLE SIGN HOUSE format EXCLUSIVELY.

So, for anyone looking over their old horary charts to check to see if the 8 Ball "worked" or not, THOSE CHARTS WOULD HAVE TO BE LOOKED AT AS IF THEY WERE IN WHOLE SIGN HOUSE FORMAT, then the 8 Ball judegment rules as applied to the sign on the WHOLE SIGN quesited house will yield either a yes, no or maybe answer, and then the actual outcomes can be tabulated to see what % of accuracy the 8 Ball method had in those charts.

Now, relative to the above post: the 7th house, ie the questited house, in WHOLE SIGN is under Virgo (NOT Libra, NOT Scorpio) so the planet would be Mercury and the 8 Ball answer to the question would be "YES"...(however, in the chart the SN posits the 1st whole sign house-the querent house-and by the general rules of horary which I follow, the chart reading is made unreliable by the presence of the SN in the first house; so I would consider the reading of this chart even by Magic 8 Ball to be unreliable and highly dubious, and I would suggest that the poster re-ask this same question at a later date)

Last edited by dr. farr; 03-09-2017 at 02:01 AM.

Tags
ball, magic, technique