Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 04-18-2014, 06:24 PM

Creative talent with Leo in 5th house?? Noticing a pattern

Out of curiosity, I have recently started using this site: http://alabe.com/freechart to look at the placements of my favourite singers/artists. What I've found interesting that the singers that throughout history have been considered prodigious/outstanding or very influential have this placement. For example, Whitney Houston..Celine Dion, Anita Baker, Lisa Fischer. They all have this placement. Another thing, in popular music Rihanna is not considered a good singer. She is missing the placement. The difference is in ability.

I obviously don't have extensive astrological knowledge and I'm still learning, but I have noticed a pattern..why is this so?
Interestingly, I'm also a singer (a great one at that, I've been told ) and I have this placement also.
I have not tried this out with other creative types yet, I guess they can be painters, even musicians etc.

Thank you for your opinions =)
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2014-04-19 at AM 02.22.36.png (74.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: png ar.png (60.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by ceruleansky; 04-18-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:33 PM

Re: Creative talent with Leo in 5th house?? Noticing a pattern

What do you mean, exactly? Whitney Houston has her Sun in Leo in the 6th house (nothing in her 5th). Aretha Franklin has her Sun in Aries in the 5th house (only generational Pluto in Leo). Celine Dion has generational Neptune in 5th, nothing in Leo except Jupiter which her whole age group would have. What placement are you talking about? Do you mean to say that these creative people have a Leo and/or 5th house emphasis?

Also, Anita Baker's birth time is unknown. She has one planet in Leo and it's generational (meaning everyone around her age would have it too).

Last edited by Cascada; 04-18-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:42 PM

Ah, I'm sorry if it sounds stupid, I'm still very much a beginner haha
What I mean is, they have Leo in the area where there is a 'curvy' red symbol that looks like a horseshoe. Lol.

I looked up 'astrology houses' and apparently that is the 5th house.
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceruleansky View Post
Ah, I'm sorry if it sounds stupid, I'm still very much a beginner haha
What I mean is, they have Leo in the area where there is a 'curvy' red symbol that looks like a horseshoe. Lol.

I looked up 'astrology houses' and apparently that is the 5th house.
You mean the 5th house cusp ? Whitney has her Leo on the 6th, Cancer on the 5th house cusp. The houses are determined by the time you were born, so since Anita Baker's time is unknown it's quite likely that she also doesn't have Leo on the 5th. Celine Dion is a Leo rising, so she definitely doesn't. Aretha has Pisces on the 5th house cusp.. have you got their birth times wrong lol ?
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:54 PM

I did use 12PM as the birth times, as I read that it would be sufficient :/
I feel really stupid now though, lol...but thanks for your help, I appreciate it! I just started looking into astrology less than 4 months ago
Unread 04-18-2014, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceruleansky View Post
I did use 12PM as the birth times, as I read that it would be sufficient :/
I feel really stupid now though, lol...but thanks for your help, I appreciate it! I just started looking into astrology less than 4 months ago
It's okay, we all started as beginners
My knowledge of astrology is still quite basic, anyway.
Unread 04-18-2014, 07:10 PM

Smile Re: Creative talent with Leo in 5th house?? Noticing a pattern

do you have any personal aspirations towards the entertainment field yourself. Would like to see your chart posted ...
Unread 04-19-2014, 03:08 AM

Your "observations" are leading to misleading generalizations.
I wish astrology were that simple. It is not.

Here's the chart of Kathleen Battle, one of the greatest voices of all time (Soprano, lyric coloratura).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj9nvt45fIk

Pick 20 "great singers" (judged by whatever criteria seem proper) and you will most likely not find a statistcally significant 5th house emphasis.

We might keep in mind that not all "great singers" have "great voices". The 5th House is "dramatization", "entertainment", "self-expresion" and such things. Truly "great" artistic expression at the highest level is found in the 7th House. Louis Armstrong did not have a "great voice" by any stretch of the imagination, but a lot of people paid a lot of money for a lot of years to hear him sing (Hello Dolly, Mack the Knife, What a Beautiful World).

P.S. You might take a look at astro.com, their "astrodata" section, which has lots of horoscopes and has the advantage of giving their "Rodden Rating", which is a guide to the accuacy of the birth data.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kathleen Battle.jpg (79.3 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by greybeard; 04-19-2014 at 04:03 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to greybeard For This Useful Post:
Zarathu (04-19-2014)
Unread 04-19-2014, 06:03 AM

Thank you for the replies! I guess I'm a serious singer, I've been singing since I was very young so it's more than just a hobby, but i'm not looking to be a professional singer anytime soon. I have attached my birth chart.

Greybeard: I am aware it could be misleading! That is why I said I have noticed a pattern, and because I'm EXTREMELY new to astrology, I don't in any way believe my observations are valid, so they are just that.. observations That's the purpose of this question, I'm still learning, after all!

I also agree with you that a (technical) great singer does not make a great 'artist'. Beyonce, for example, has a very good voice but little to no musicianship. Billie Holliday is an example of a technically mediocre singer but an excellent improviser/interpreter.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2014-04-19 at PM 02.02.17.png (65.7 KB, 6 views)
Unread 04-19-2014, 06:25 AM

Cerulean...
Yes, you made your position clear.
Most beginning students try to find whatever it is they're looking for (say singing talent) in some one particular symbol (say the 5th House) in a chart. You must learn to see the chart as a whole, to tie it all together as an integral unit.
Unread 04-19-2014, 05:54 PM

Thumbs up Re: Creative talent with Leo in 5th house?? Noticing a pattern

I think that your confusion comes by your statement of saying Leo IS THE 5TH h, which it rules naturally, but in individual charts is often found elsewhere. In addition to romance and love, the 5th is about creative expression, and will be modified by the sign on the cusp [which does not have to be Leo] and planets therein. This is why some artists' charts often do no show activity in that specific house.
Your own interest in singing can be denoted by your Mars in Leo, even as Leo is not on the 5th H; with the Moon/Aries in trine this can give you the determination to pursue that interest. Libra Sun is also factored in with creative artistry, since the Sun is ruler of Leo. Sagittarius Rising provides the inspiration to entertain. Venus/Taurus is often connected to a pleasing voice. Also Venus is attached with the NN, which can show your ability. No one thing can be judged by one singular factor in the chart, as you can see.

Tags
creative, house, noticing, pattern, talent