Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.


View Poll Results: What Astrology Type Do You Believe/Study In?
Western 3 50.00%
Chinese 1 16.67%
Vedic 3 50.00%
Other 1 16.67%
All 2 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:27 PM
CheonHoPark CheonHoPark is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Question How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Hello I was born January 11th, 1987 at 3:05 PM in Jeollabukdo South Korea.

My main question is, there consists of so many pseudostudies, Western, Vedic, Numerology, Chinese, Palmistry, Celtic, Magi Astrology, and more. Some people I know can truly say, yeah that fits me, but me I am not so certain. I have a great interest in Astrology but it doesn't mean I believe it. I am more interested in trying to understand myself and what my future entails. But I have a very open mind. And I know Carl Jung who was a psychologist even believe in psychoastrology, which is interesting to hear coming from a scientist.

For example my Western Birth Chart consists of mainly Capricorn and Sagittarius Traits, but my Vedic consists of Sagittarius traits. Problem is I see both "yeah, that could be me" type factors. And to add more convolutedness, some birth charts have me place in 7th house factors where the professional paid services have me set in 8th house aspects. A lot of it is not truly defined. The question as being a real skeptic, I can see truth in all of them. Are other people the same way? Or are there people who can say: Yeah that's exactly me.

For example I know a gentleman who has a Boomerang Yod, A Kite, A Grand Trine, and Grand Cross in his chart and who he claims. He only believes in Western where he doesn't seem himself as an Aquarius at all, which is Vedic astrology.

The question also entails you being to believe what you read. Even thought I spent 2000 dollars I am still not fully satisfied with the real answers. And I am driven more by curiosity, than beliefs.

I attached my Western Chart from Astro.com, which I heard is the most credible site to use. But another question is some other Astrology Charts have my sun and mercury placed in the 7th house, which confuses things more. With all the confusion I realized I just have to believe in all of them, and take all of these studies into a broader configuration. So my final question are their skeptics like me out their, or true believers who believe one certain astrology type over the other? Does on believe that one astrology study is more superior than the other? Or just see it as an art, not a specific proven science?

For me I guess I like to take a logical view rather than a subjective. In reality all the configurations I read from all the studies can suit me. But me I just tend to be malleable and can say yeah, they all can be part of me somewhat. You become what you read. The power of the mind.

astro_2gw_01_kyle_balitz.60135.31946.jpg


Last edited by CheonHoPark; 03-11-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CheonHoPark For This Useful Post:
Moog (03-11-2013)
  #2  
Unread 03-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Since this is an astrology forum, not a skeptics forum, all the people here either believe in astrology and hope to get answers form it, or they are some level of actual astrologer from beginner to professional.

So 99.44% of people here probably aren't interested in discussion with you as to whether astrology is a fake thing or not. And pushing that issue here might get you into a place you may or may not want to go.

If I misread your post, please correct me.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:07 PM
StillOne's Avatar
StillOne StillOne is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Coastal Mountains
Posts: 2,588
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

I think it's healthy to be skeptical. That being said, it's imperative to have a very accurate birth time for astrology to work. It ideally needs to be down to the minute which I see you have. However, you may want to be a bit skeptical of the source where you got this time from as sometimes people forget or don't exactly write down the correct time.

Then begin slowly by researching your planets in signs to see if you relate to those. Check multiple sources. Some decent online sources include cafeastrology and skyscript to start. However, it's best to get some good books to build a good foundation.

One thing that "sold" me on astrology was aspects between planets. As I began to research these, it revealed some of my particular psychological traits very accurately. Then I was hooked.

I leave houses for last as, to me, they are the most ambiguous. There are so many house systems that sometimes you have to be a bit flexible as to how you interpret them. It would be wise to research the definition of houses and what the cusp signifies.

As far as Western, Modern, Traditional and Vedic, there are many threads here that discuss their differences (use the search function). There's a vedic section here as well.

You'll see some astrologers here that do not adhere to just one system. Dr. Farr is a good example of this as he has assembled a system that works based on his extensive research of all systems. He would probably be described as an Eclectic astrologer (I hope he doesn't mind me speaking for him).
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:47 PM
CheonHoPark CheonHoPark is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
Since this is an astrology forum, not a skeptics forum, all the people here either believe in astrology and hope to get answers form it, or they are some level of actual astrologer from beginner to professional.

So 99.44% of people here probably aren't interested in discussion with you as to whether astrology is a fake thing or not. And pushing that issue here might get you into a place you may or may not want to go.

If I misread your post, please correct me.
I tend to be that type of person who likes to push (8th house sun and mercury), that also shows in my chart, and I am sure the capricorn sun and mercury is giving me a rather skeptical point of view. Although I won't push too much, as I am more interested in what type of astrology studies people have found more credible and relational to themselves, is there a bulletin in this forum to discuss such matters?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:50 PM
CheonHoPark CheonHoPark is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillOne View Post
I think it's healthy to be skeptical. That being said, it's imperative to have a very accurate birth time for astrology to work. It ideally needs to be down to the minute which I see you have. However, you may want to be a bit skeptical of the source where you got this time from as sometimes people forget or don't exactly write down the correct time.

Then begin slowly by researching your planets in signs to see if you relate to those. Check multiple sources. Some decent online sources include cafeastrology and skyscript to start. However, it's best to get some good books to build a good foundation.

One thing that "sold" me on astrology was aspects between planets. As I began to research these, it revealed some of my particular psychological traits very accurately. Then I was hooked.

I leave houses for last as, to me, they are the most ambiguous. There are so many house systems that sometimes you have to be a bit flexible as to how you interpret them. It would be wise to research the definition of houses and what the cusp signifies.

As far as Western, Modern, Traditional and Vedic, there are many threads here that discuss their differences (use the search function). There's a vedic section here as well.

You'll see some astrologers here that do not adhere to just one system. Dr. Farr is a good example of this as he has assembled a system that works based on his extensive research of all systems. He would probably be described as an Eclectic astrologer (I hope he doesn't mind me speaking for him).
Yes, I actually do know my exact birth time, but the thing is I was born in South Korea and moved to America when I was young as I was adopted quite early, and a twin, which is interesting because we both a gemini asc and a gemini moon. I wonder if you change where you live it affects your chart?

And thanks for the information, I will look that up, it seems like I am more of an eclectic as I have been interested in all the forms.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:46 PM
ashriia ashriia is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,057
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheonHoPark View Post
Yes, I actually do know my exact birth time, but the thing is I was born in South Korea and moved to America when I was young as I was adopted quite early, and a twin, which is interesting because we both a gemini asc and a gemini moon. I wonder if you change where you live it affects your chart?

And thanks for the information, I will look that up, it seems like I am more of an eclectic as I have been interested in all the forms.
Your natal/birth chart is your entire life story. it's all there, as it was meant to be when you were brought into this life.

so if you moved to america, were adopted... it's all there. from birth to death.

the energies might change a bit once you move to another state and/or country. you can take a look at that by doing a relocation chart. But everything that happens in your life, no matter how many moves-loves-deaths-challenges-joys- it's all in the birth chart. forever and forever amen
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 03-11-2013, 07:50 PM
Zarathu Zarathu is offline
Account Closed
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 5,501
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheonHoPark View Post
...... I am more interested in what type of astrology studies people have found more credible and relational to ......
As a professional astrologer who has studied the field for more than 40 years, ALL OF WESTERN ASTROLOGY works for me, and I have used it all for clients. But it has to be astrology: palmistry and numerology and tarot is not astrology.

I do find other methods more effective for locational astrology than astro*cartography.

For me its a closed book.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:33 PM
CheonHoPark CheonHoPark is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashriia View Post
Your natal/birth chart is your entire life story. it's all there, as it was meant to be when you were brought into this life.

so if you moved to america, were adopted... it's all there. from birth to death.

the energies might change a bit once you move to another state and/or country. you can take a look at that by doing a relocation chart. But everything that happens in your life, no matter how many moves-loves-deaths-challenges-joys- it's all in the birth chart. forever and forever amen
Thanks for the information. So I guess the answers my question, thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:35 PM
CheonHoPark CheonHoPark is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathu View Post
As a professional astrologer who has studied the field for more than 40 years, ALL OF WESTERN ASTROLOGY works for me, and I have used it all for clients. But it has to be astrology: palmistry and numerology and tarot is not astrology.

I do find other methods more effective for locational astrology than astro*cartography.

For me its a closed book.
I don't think I am trying to start a fight by denying anybody's beliefs rather I am just more interested in what astrology studies fit them. I think those are the type of answers I'd like to hear, thanks for sharing, I will keep that in mind. It really does get confusing with all those types of astrology and pseudoscienes out there.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 03-11-2013, 10:45 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 49,777
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheonHoPark View Post
.....And I am driven more by curiosity, than beliefs.....
Keep asking questions!

Western Sidereal Astrology site SOLUNARS

http://www.solunars.com/

Deborah Houlding's massive resources site with FREE articles, FREE Horary Astrology Course and links to many free books on astrology http://www.skyscript.co.uk/

Thread discussing HELLENISTIC ASTROLOGY http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=43920
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:20 AM
CheonHoPark CheonHoPark is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprising View Post
Firstly, you should delete your real name by editing your post (and replace your attached birthchart) or you may have your identity stolen, Your question is difficult to answer as everyone has their own opinion on which system works (or doesn't). I entered the astrological scene as a skeptic, but after doing a course locally found that much of what I had learnt was very accurate! That was around 9 years ago, I'm still learning. The multitude of information available on the net will probably leave you confused very quickly, my advice is to do a course held by someone who can tell you about all of the major events that have occurred in your life by interpreting your chart. This will require you spending some cash, but will fast track your learning how astrology works! If you're a bit short of money then you could buy books written by successful astrologers and study them until you find out who has the most accurate system!
Thanks for the tips, I ended up erasing my name to conserve my identity.

It seems like a lot of Astrologers are saying to rely on the books than the internet, I will have to go the library see if they have anything.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 03-12-2013, 02:22 AM
CheonHoPark CheonHoPark is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 23
Re: How Do You Know Which Astrology Types to Believe in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUPITERASC View Post
Keep asking questions!

Western Sidereal Astrology site SOLUNARS

http://www.solunars.com/

Deborah Houlding's massive resources site with FREE articles, FREE Horary Astrology Course and links to many free books on astrology http://www.skyscript.co.uk/

Thread discussing HELLENISTIC ASTROLOGY http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=43920
Thanks for the links, JupiterAsc. I will have to learn more about the other types of Astrology, I never heard of Hellenistic or Horary Astrology before...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
astrology, types

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.