Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)

Unread 06-10-2012, 10:35 PM

Lightbulb Placements in House I Associated to Narcissism?

Sun, Moon, Venus, Mars, Uranus, Neptune, Fortune in House 1. Chart attached below.

Would a person with these placements be more inclined to be a narcissist? If not, what other placements/aspects are associated to narcissism?

In my own personal opinion, I would have to disagree with those who say it is. I find that with my Sun in Aquarius, people view me more as someone who puts the effort into helping others before myself. With a stellium in first, you would think that someone would be egotistic. Is this just associated to appearance and first impressions, or does it delve deeper into a person's psychological nature?

I have heard both sides of the story before. Some people would say that stellium in 1st creates too strong of a sense-of-self, which leads to narcissism. I've also heard that a stellium in 1st just means that the person is more aware of how they are portrayed by others. This counteracts Neptune in 1st, which can create delusions in how we are portrayed by others. Even with Neptune in 1st, it would be modified by the aspects.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astro_2gw_01_jennifer_lauterbach_hp.24888.17534.jpg (81.6 KB, 14 views)

Unread 06-11-2012, 12:55 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi
Re: Placements in House I Associated to Narcissism?

Sounds like a lot of health problems to me!

This is actually one of those problems that are very specific to which house system you would use. Personally, I sort of go back and forth between Regio and Whole Sign, I usually use Whole Sign when the location is far up north, like in Alberta, Canada, for example!

If we did that then you'd really only have the Moon in the first. But, I don't really believe that First house positions lead one to narcissism, that's way too general.

www.medievalastrologyguide.com
Unread 06-11-2012, 11:36 PM

Right on you are! I've always struggled with health problems since I was a kid. I've had no REAL major injuries, but I find that I get caught with a cold, flu, aches and pains, etc., very frequently.

I like to use Placidus or Koch, sometimes Equal. I love placidus when doing a natal reading because it seems to correspond to my personality better. An example would be that my 1st House is split in Capricorn and Aquarius. With that in 1st, I have super skinny calves, but then my knees poke out. Aquarius rules the shins/calves, Capricorn rules the knees. I have the worst of both. Weak calves and weak knees.

As for the narcissism, I would have to agree with you. I don't believe that planets in 1st will indicate narcissism, but I asked this question because some others have told me otherwise. Thank you for confirming my thoughts.

Aquarius ~~, , , ~ House I
Capricorn~~, , , AC ~ House I
Pisces ~~~~~~, , ~ House II
Scorpio , , , , MC ~ House X
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:00 AM

Send a message via MSN to Kaiousei no Senshi Send a message via Skype™ to Kaiousei no Senshi

Yeah, I'm on the fence about the all of the house systems. Sometimes I feel like I get better results with Regio or Whole Sign, it's a hair pulling experience to be sure.

I remember hearing people saying that Sarah Palin was a narcissist of some sort. Of course, you can never be sure with these kinds of things, especially from controversial political figures (someone is always saying something about them), but looking at her chart on astrodatabank. I notice that her Sun is heavily debilitated. It's out of sect and conjoined to both malefics in its sign of detriment. So, here we have someone whose Sun is not working in her favor, and is being further augmented by malicious planets. Hm...

Of course the birthtime is dirty, but you don't need an accurate birthtime for that.

www.medievalastrologyguide.com

Tags
house, narcissism, placements, planets, stellium