Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.

Unread 03-17-2012, 05:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spacefruit
Any Benefit to Denouement Placements?!

I am thinking about the three places that I have where the signs are out of place in their planets in my natal:

(1) Jupiter, 10th house, Gemini

http://www.solarcharts.co.nz/Jupiter%20in%20Gemini.htm

(2) Mercury, 8th house, Pisces (double whammy b/c I am a scientist!)

(3) Moon, 3rd house (4th cusp), Scorpio

What are the effects of having bad placements for the signs/planets?

Unread 03-17-2012, 06:06 PM

Re: Any Benefit to Denouement Placements?!

A benefic in detriment has it's power to bring beneficial results reduced. Malefics give fewer of their 'good' significations, and more chaotic results.

The houses that they rule also are likely to give less desirable results, and more struggle.
Unread 03-17-2012, 06:20 PM

The benefit of life difficulties will depend on your worldview, metaphysical ideas, spirituality and philosophy... You can see your struggles as meaningless suffering, or they can be grist for the wisdom mill. You may have material difficulties, but may reap spiritual benefits.

In the Vedic astrology, the idea is that difficult planets can be propitiated in various ways; by wearing gemstones, reciting mantras, making charitable donations and a myriad range of other forms.
Unread 03-17-2012, 06:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to Spacefruit

I don't get it.

Does that mean I will always be running a material deficit unless I choose to see things from a "spiritual" perspective?

What can I do to balance things out in my normal life? I don't want to develop a third eye ...
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacefruit View Post
I don't get it.

Does that mean I will always be running a material deficit unless I choose to see things from a "spiritual" perspective?
It's very complicated really. Actions over time will fluctuate results anyway.

Maybe you have some good planets to balance things out.

Quote:
What can I do to balance things out in my normal life? I don't want to develop a third eye ...
Why not, you'll see 50% more

The Vedic way is to propitiate the gods... look up 'astrological remedies' for your debilitated planets.

I would be interested in seeing what a modern western astrologer would say one should do with astrology. Because I don't actually know. I think a psychological astrologer would say something like, these weaknesses are things to 'work on' in a process like psychotherapy. I think that many modern western astrologers don't even really do debility by sign, but mainly look at aspects between planets to diagnose tension and difficulty. I might start another thread on the subject.

A determinist would say something like, 'yep, that's your lot, now lump it'.

Tags
benefit, denouement, placements