Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Medical Astrology

Medical Astrology Astrological diagnoses and other health issues are discussed here. Given that there are so many outer and inner influences on one's health (alimentation, sports, medication, past medical antecedents, state of mind, etc.), an astrological diagnosis is only one of many things to consider when determining your healthiness.

Unread 12-03-2011, 03:01 PM

Gallstones

Hi all!! Just wanted to post something i thought intresting !!2 nights ago i ended up in ER with excruiating pain and upon an ultrasound it was discovered i had a gallstone at the neck of the gall bladder..So i decided to look at my transits too see if this event showed...Im not so sure about medical astrology but i will give it a shot!! Right now the merc rx ,sun and NN are transiting my 6th house!! Merc is making an applying square at 1 degree to merc,conjunct too juppy(which is in my natal 6th house)and also sextiling uranus at 1 degree!! That speaks to the suddeness of the attack..So i decided to check the sun as well,and its also squaring merc at one degree!!!And then theres lovely mars which i wanted too check for the inflammation of the gallbladder,and thats makin a tight opposition to merc as well at 1 degree!!!

I always thought that merc ruled the tubing of the body(the bile ducts in my case) but its in virgos house...Im not sure if virrgo rules the gallblader or not,but at any rate i found my transits very intresting since merc is RX atm!!

Can anyone clarify for me if im on the right track here pls because i love medical astrology..

The conclusion of my stay in the hospital is that i need to get my gallbladder removed very soon,so they say sinced its at the base of thr neck,more oain is in my future if not..I was very ill in the hospital with other bad symptoms as well..Had to out on pain killers and gravol to keep from throwing up all the time...I never want to go thro this again!!!

Unread 03-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Banned

puddin ~
how did this turn out?
i think i have some gall bladder issues going on ~ saTurn.
did you have weird stomach symptoms ~ nausea, queasiness, barf, poo?
i've been looking at gall bladder symptoms.
one thing they say is heartburn can cause problems with GB. did you ever have that?
greases and fats. since i've been with my boyfriend past 8 months, my diet got really bad cooking for him.
hope you share your experience.
Unread 03-09-2012, 02:46 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to piscesnurse
Re: Gallstones

so sorry to hear of this i had my gallbladder rupture and ended up with pertonitis so thanks goodness u are aware of it i though i had a ulcer and worked through it until the day it ruptured had been to the dr too I think i will check my chart as well take care and feel better

Men Traveling A Narrow Path, Seeking Illumination
10 DEGREES PISCES SABIAN
Unread 03-09-2012, 03:36 AM

Re: Gallstones

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudinnpop View Post
Hi all!! Just wanted to post something i thought intresting !!2 nights ago i ended up in ER with excruiating pain and upon an ultrasound it was discovered i had a gallstone at the neck of the gall bladder..So i decided to look at my transits too see if this event showed...Im not so sure about medical astrology but i will give it a shot!! Right now the merc rx ,sun and NN are transiting my 6th house!! Merc is making an applying square at 1 degree to merc,conjunct too juppy(which is in my natal 6th house)and also sextiling uranus at 1 degree!! That speaks to the suddeness of the attack..So i decided to check the sun as well,and its also squaring merc at one degree!!!And then theres lovely mars which i wanted too check for the inflammation of the gallbladder,and thats makin a tight opposition to merc as well at 1 degree!!!

I always thought that merc ruled the tubing of the body(the bile ducts in my case) but its in virgos house...Im not sure if virrgo rules the gallblader or not,but at any rate i found my transits very intresting since merc is RX atm!!

Can anyone clarify for me if im on the right track here pls because i love medical astrology..

The conclusion of my stay in the hospital is that i need to get my gallbladder removed very soon,so they say sinced its at the base of thr neck,more oain is in my future if not..I was very ill in the hospital with other bad symptoms as well..Had to out on pain killers and gravol to keep from throwing up all the time...I never want to go thro this again!!!
pudinnpop, I found this info online just now by googling 'gallstones diet' which brings millions of informative links onscreen

Herbs That Dissolve Gallstones Jan 5, 2011 | By ScottF
Gallstones are pieces of hard materials that form either in the gallbladder, which is a small, pear-shaped, muscular sac located below your liver in the right upper abdomen, or bile ducts. As a result, they block the flow of bile into the bowels. Bile is important for the absorption of fat and some fat-soluble vitamins, such as vitamin D. Many kinds of herbs may be beneficial for dissolving gallstones, but don't use herbs on your own; always seek a doctor's guidance before you consider taking them.

Milk Thistle
The biologically active compounds in milk thistle have been found to dissolve existing gallstones, as well as prevent their formation. Silymarin, the chief medicinal ingredient of milk thistle, improves the liquidity of bile, which is a significant way to reduce gallstone formation.

References

University of Maryland Medical Center: Gallbladder Disease
University of Michigan Health System: Gallstones
University of California: Globe Artichoke

ALSO

High Cholesterol Foods

Eating a high cholesterol diet adds a greater likelihood of developing gallstones, reports Mayo Clinic. High cholesterol results from eating foods high in saturated fats.

These fats are primarily in animal products like egg yolks, meat, fish, whole milk, ice cream and cheese.

Low Fiber Foods
Eating a high-fiber diet based on whole grains, beans, fruits and vegetables is the best way to avoid developing gallstones, according to Dr. Gabe Mirkin, host of a radio medical information show and a teaching fellow at Johns Hopkins Medical School.

So, eating a low-fiber diet is one of the prime risk factors for gallstone development as identified by Mayo Clinic. Low fiber foods include white bread, white rice, plain pasta, eggs, and any commercial breakfast cereals labeled as having 1 gram of fiber or less per serving.

Although fresh fruits and vegetables are high in fiber, if peeled, seeded, overcooked or significantly processed, this can reduce their valuable fiber content.

Ideas for a gallstone-attack-avoidance diet:
The aim is a low fat diet which minimises the occurrence of gallstone attacks. Typically, you need to restrict yourself to items with less than 5g fat per 100g serving (i.e., < 5% fat). Do not be confused by product labeling which gives the fat content of a smaller serving or the percentage of your daily fat allowance — both will get you into trouble. Always check the label!

Things to avoid
:
Any Butter. Oil – if you need a little oil for frying use spray-on oil which is very efficient and actually contains an oil/water mix

Chocolate

Fatty meats such as duck and lamb

Cream
, Cheese

Some curry sauces (too creamy)

Cheesy pasta sauces / Italian dishes such as lasagne

Replace full-fat milk with semi-skimmed or skimmed

Breakfast / Energy bars

Crisps

Nuts

Foods that avoid gallstones attacks:

White meat such as Chicken or Turkey is best

Pasta sauces: Most tomato-based sauces contain very little fat (the “light” sauces are actually light on sugar). Make your own creamy pasta sauce with light or extra light Philadephia and some semi-skimmed milk —just remember to add plenty of herbs to taste!

Stir fry: Most asian sauces are fine

Spicy foods: Chilli and some curry sauces are fine (but not those which are based on coconut milk)

Rice, potatoes and pasta will form the bulk of the meal

Add plenty of interesting veg too!

Dessert / Treats / Snacks

Yoghurt

Low-fat flavoured milk

Weight-watchers desserts (mousse things with < 5% fat)

Fruit: anything and everything except avocados

Fruit smoothies like Innocent drinks (just watch out for anything with cream or ice cream)

Low-fat “diet” bars like Alpen and Fitnesse bars (a great way to sneak a little chocolate in!)

Starbucks “skinny” muffins but beware the regular muffins!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Tags
gallstones