Should I move forward with this rental?

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

Hope all is well.

I visited a place today which I really liked and is within my chosen budget. It's close to work, public transportation & shops right in front of it, clean. The apartment complex is safe but not 100% to my liking (I don't like the design). However, the apartment itself is brand new furniture-wise and really nice.

I currently rent with two roommates and I'm quite tired of them. I just want my space especially as I'm working from home. Taking this place would mean an increase of $500 on my current rent, but for freedom as the new roommate and I aren't really to each other's liking anyway.

The prospective landlords are however directors at my current company. I'm not too sure about mixing both my work and my finances.

Should I move forward with this?

astro-2gw-should-i-take-this-apartment-b-hr-29829-34429.png
[/url]

Thank you.

IleneK

Premium Member
Your question is not 'Will I move forward?" or "Will I get the apartment?" but rather, "Should I?" or "Is it in my best interest to rent the unit?"

Looking at your two significators, you/Mars and new apartment/landlord/7th/Venus, you are both strong in your own dignity. The two significators apply to aspect by challenging, and usually ultimately unsatisfactory, opposition. And your significators are in mutually adverse reception with one another. Neither of you receives the other well.

This definitely does not look like a favorable relationship between yourself and your potential landlords who are also directors where you are employed.
I would counsel against entering into such a relationship with them.

Last edited:

LostinPhilly

Your question is not 'Will I move forward?" or "Will I get the apartment?" but rather, "Should I?" or "Is it in my best interest to rent the unit?"

Looking at your two significators, you/Mars and new apartment/landlord/7th/Venus, you are both strong in your own dignity. The two significators apply to aspect by challenging, and usually ultimately unsatisfactory, opposition. And your significators are in mutually adverse reception with one another. Neither of you receives the other well.

This definitely does not look like a favorable relationship between yourself and your potential landlords who are also directors where you are employed.
I would counsel against entering into such a relationship with them.

Thank you, Ilene.

I see. My current roommate is also employed at the company, so I'm already in a similar boat.

From a financial perspective - does it seems like this apartment would cause issues? Or is it just a relationship issue with the landlords? I generally don't have much interaction with my landlords.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Venus as the new place opposes you, mars. Not promising.
Also, mars will square Jupiter, who rules our 2nd of money, again not positive.
Consider also that Venus is your employer, so approaching a mars opposition, is another negative.
The 9th of the rental lease has intercepted Leo, and ruler is in your 12th of hidden matters. Moon there is first sextile Venus, which shows you do like the new apt, but it then squares sun in your 12th, something not quite right and working against you.
Overall , it doesn't look like a good solution.

IleneK

Premium Member
Thank you, Ilene.

From a financial perspective - does it seems like this apartment would cause issues?

Or is it just a relationship issue with the landlords?
I generally don't have much interaction with my landlords.

You are welcome.
As Elena notes, you/Mars square the ruler of your finances, Jupiter. So financially this likely is not favorable.

The relationship with your landlords is unfavorable by both aspect and adverse mutual reception. One does not have to interact much with landlords to develop very serious problems.

LostinPhilly

Thank you both!

I ended up turning the place down.

Something about the building was not sitting right with me. The apartment was fancy but the building looked too much like social housing despite it being owned by a private landlords.

I partially grew up in social housing and the sight of that building gave me severe anxiety. I went back there again today to ascertain my interest, but I still got that odd feeling from the building itself.

Also, my new roommate currently works in the same company and that's part of the reason why I want to move. I don't feel comfortable with my finances being tied to co-workers, especially if they're my landlord. Too many eggs in one basket.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

"I still got that odd feeling from the building itself"

This is very important. Happy to hear you trust your instincts.

LostinPhilly

"I still got that odd feeling from the building itself"

This is very important. Happy to hear you trust your instincts.

Thank you!

Yes, instinct never fails. I can rationalize as much as I can, but ultimately, gut feeling wins in some instances. I can't ignore that feeling & pit in my stomach whenever I walked past that building. I watched a video a few days ago about this girl who was conducting apartment viewings and she said to also pay attention to the energy you get from the building itself, not just the apartment, as it can be a good indicator as well.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

Interesting the way you expressed that.
Venus in the chart is the apartment, located exactly on the cusp of the 11th house.
Dreams are the 9th house, sensitive perceptive moon is there, and contacts Venus, and then squares the sun, co-ruler of the 9th, in your 12th of subconscious.
Something being triggered there, definitely.
PS. Moon is the stomach!

LostinPhilly

Interesting the way you expressed that.
Venus in the chart is the apartment, located exactly on the cusp of the 11th house.
Dreams are the 9th house, sensitive perceptive moon is there, and contacts Venus, and then squares the sun, co-ruler of the 9th, in your 12th of subconscious.
Something being triggered there, definitely.
PS. Moon is the stomach!

Oh wow. That's very interesting! I agree, something is definitely being triggered. I had a similar instance when I was much younger (around 7).

My parents went to visit a house and I specifically remember that pit in my stomach, I was crying asking them not to move into that house. Obviously, I was a child & they didn't listen to me. We moved and that house proved to have such a bad energy that it triggered various issues (severe money issues, poverty, sickness, legal issues). Prior to that, we had a pretty normal middle class lifestyle.

That's where I learned to trust my gut instinct.