Precession of the Equinoxes - Book

ABM

Hi all,

I read a book when I was in high school about the Precession of the Equinoxes. It was a great book that I didn't realize how important it was for me to read at such a young age. I also foolishly thought I could easily return to the library to check it back out at a later time. But I moved on with life and I can't remember the title.

It talked about how the Age of Aries began in the time of Moses, and referenced idol worship as evidence of the Age of Taurus. I believe it mentioned the Sphinx in Egypt as evidence of the Age of Leo. It mentioned how David wrote the book of Revelation and referred to it as well in the book...I don't remember specifically what was said here, but it's worth noting. Most importantly the author took an intellectual approach to the subject and was not at all writing to a spiritual or a mystical/religious audience. Has anyone run across a book like this? It would help me tremendously if I could read this book again. Thanks for your help, everyone.

petosiris

Banned
ABM idol worship existed before the flood in the age of Taurus (in which age the world was created provided precession was always subject to uniformitarianism). King David didn't write the book of Revelation, God gave it as revelation to Jesus and he made it known to John by an angel and visions, and John just wrote it down. King David who lived about 1000 years before Jesus wrote about half of the Psalms, being inspired by the ruach ha-kodesh.

david starling

ABM idol worship existed before the flood in the age of Taurus (in which age the world was created provided precession was always subject to uniformitarianism). King David didn't write the book of Revelation, God gave it as revelation to Jesus and he made it known to John by an angel and visions, and John just wrote it down. King David who lived about 1000 years before Jesus wrote about half of the Psalms, being inspired by the ruach ha-kodesh.

What's the timing of the Exodus?

petosiris

Banned
What's the timing of the Exodus?

I assume you are asking because you are interested in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and not in the constellations at the time. :smile:

Most Christian scholars favour an early date around 1447 B.C. because of 1 Kings 6:1 and Judges 11:26. The Jews (irc) and critical scholars (at least those who do not doubt the entirety of it) follow later dates (there is disagreement for the destruction of the temple too) of around 1300 B.C. I haven't studied the Biblical chronology indepth to give you a definitive answer.

david starling

I assume you are asking because you are interested in the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and not in the constellations at the time. :smile:

Most Christian scholars favour an early date around 1447 B.C. because of 1 Kings 6:1 and Judges 11:26. The Jews (irc) and critical scholars (at least those who do not doubt the entirety of it) follow later dates (there is disagreement for the destruction of the temple too) of around 1300 B.C. I haven't studied the Biblical chronology indepth to give you a definitive answer.

There seems to be a consensus on King David c.1000 B.C.

petosiris

Banned
There seems to be a consensus on King David c.1000 B.C.

But liberal academics claim that the word of God is only trustworthy in some places. For example, they claim that king David and his monarchy really did exist, but they say that Moses was a legendary figure, that there weren't 600 000 men on foot besides women and children who saw thunder and flashes of lightning and sound of trumpet and the mount Sinai smoking and quaking, and that the prophet Isaiah didn't write the 45th chapter, not because of a linguistic or historical reason, but because he prophetically named the anointed king Cyrus who will restore the temple in Jerusalem almost two hundred years before he was born!

ABM

The book seriously discusses the astrological connections between the religious zeitgeists of history and the phenomenon of the precession. No mysticism, no astrological interpretation, etc., even the title had more to do with maybe one of the cities of the biblical time or something, but nothing to do with astrology itself. Any ideas on who might have written the book or one like it? Thanks.

david starling

The book seriously discusses the astrological connections between the religious zeitgeists of history and the phenomenon of the precession. No mysticism, no astrological interpretation, etc., even the title had more to do with maybe one of the cities of the biblical time or something, but nothing to do with astrology itself. Any ideas on who might have written the book or one like it? Thanks.

When was it first published? That might help locate it.

Btw, Voltaire used precession and astronomy for historical dating purposes without introducing the concept of "astrological ages".