Read my charts - your insights are welcome

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
Hi forum buddies,

I was wondering what kind of chart I should put up here. I really find my job draining and if I think about it I’ve never found that job I really love. What is my purpose is a question I ask myself a lot. I feel emotionally drained with it all.
If someone if you could help me with your expertise that would be great and it would help me practice and learn too. I’m new on here so any insights would be helpful. Thank you for your time in reading this and taking your time out to help. Yours gratefully LunarLioness

[post a natal chart - Moderator]

[Thread title changed from "Hate my job" at poster's request. - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
I’m not great at expressing exactly how I feel all the time. However, I try my best to focus on this. Recently more so and also in the past, I feel my career has gone wrong. Why has it gone wrong. What I mean by this is I’m never happy and I focus on it so much to reach the ladder but it doesn’t ever go my way. It’s like I have no control of my career whatsoever at all. Even life in general I have no control of it. Is it normal not to have control of what you do even when you try hard. Then if I don’t try still nothing happens but when I do it’s the same as doing nothing! Sorry to babble on and hope some of you could respond when you can with your insights. I had a recent horary reading on here about a job I applied for. The outcome won’t be what I wanted to hear however insights were good and clear. I’m not afraid to hear reality. Look forward to some insights.

wan

Ruler of the 10th, the house of careers, is in Leo in the 11th. I imagine work that has a humanitarian theme. Also, look into that Saturn. It is both accidentally and essentially dignified. I think it can indicate the type of jobs that might suit you.

Anyway, people are very rarely truly happy in their jobs. I get it, we seem to have this romantic view of things, you are supposed to find your calling, your true vocation, and how hours are supposed to just pass in a blur when you are working...etc.

We need to realize that jobs are work, and work is almost never fun. If it were, then we would not need to be paid to work. We would just do it for free. So, for as long as you draw a salary/a wage, then expect boredom, tedium, and back-breaking labor.

Personally, my advice is for people to find a career that they don't absolutely hate. As long as you are not suicidally unhappy in your job, that is good enough, and you should count yourself lucky. Anyway, I apologize if this isn't what you are looking for advice-wise, however I feel that it needs to be said.

Last edited:

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
Ruler of the 10th, the house of careers, is in Leo in the 11th. I imagine work that has a humanitarian theme. Also, look into that Saturn. It is both accidentally and essentially dignified. I think it can indicate the type of jobs that might suit you.

Anyway, people are very rarely truly happy in their jobs. I get it, we seem to have this romantic view of things, you are supposed to find your calling, your true vocation, and how hours are supposed to just pass in a blur when you are working...etc.

We need to realize that jobs are work, and work is almost never fun. If it were, then we would not need to be paid to work. We would just do it for free. So, for as long as you draw a salary/a wage, then expect boredom, tedium, and back-breaking labor.

Personally, my advice is for people to find a career that they don't absolutely hate. As long as you are not suicidally unhappy in your job, that is good enough, and you should count yourself lucky. Anyway, I apologize if this isn't what you are looking for advice-wise, however I feel that it needs to be said.

Hey Wan, your opinion counts and even though it saddens me, you have a point. I should be more grateful, right? I have words with myself to be more grateful. It’s difficult as I have this inner turmoil, this inner pain about not being happy. I’ve tried to make myself happy in other areas of life like home and social but it still doesn’t take my mind off my work. I need inner peace and like you said as long as I don’t hate it so bad I need to just do it.
As I said before I’m happy to hear things that are real so thanks for that as that’s exactly what you did. I’m expecting to hear things that I may not necessarily wanna hear but then that’s growth!
Good advice Wan

wan

Hey Wan, your opinion counts and even though it saddens me, you have a point. I should be more grateful, right? I have words with myself to be more grateful. It’s difficult as I have this inner turmoil, this inner pain about not being happy. I’ve tried to make myself happy in other areas of life like home and social but it still doesn’t take my mind off my work. I need inner peace and like you said as long as I don’t hate it so bad I need to just do it.
As I said before I’m happy to hear things that are real so thanks for that as that’s exactly what you did. I’m expecting to hear things that I may not necessarily wanna hear but then that’s growth!
Good advice Wan

I am glad you found my advice useful, Lunar.

Can I ask you what line of work you are currently in? With this info, we might be able to give you more and better advice.

Osamenor

Staff member
LunarLioness, are you asking what kind of career you should have, or are you asking what your whole life purpose is? Those are not the same thing.

Career isn't anyone's life purpose. It's just one area of life. To see what kind of career would suit you best, we can look at your tenth house, we can look at your sixth and second for more details (sixth house describes, roughly, the kind of day to day work and working conditions you need; second house can describe how you earn your money), and we can come up with something plausible, but there are many careers that can fit the bill, for every birth chart.

If yours is draining you, that means one of three things: your career doesn't fit your birth chart's parameters, or the career itself does fit but the particular job you have is toxic, or you picked a career that worked for the time of life you were in when you picked it, but now you're ready for a change. Burning out and feeling drained is one thing that tends to happen when we need to move on.

No matter which of those three things is true for you, it sounds like you do need to change jobs. We could use your chart to explore what you need in more depth, but for that, it would help to know what kind of work you've been doing, what you find so draining about it, and what you're considering switching to.

If you're asking the broader question about life purpose, that can also be explored with your chart, but keep in mind that life purpose is broader than career. Since we put a lot of time and energy into our careers, whatever career you choose does need to be something you can spend time and energy on without taking you away from your life purpose, but it does not need to fulfill your entire life purpose in and of itself. No career can. The important thing is that it fills those of your needs that you need your career to fill and leaves room in your life to fill the rest of your needs outside of it.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
I am glad you found my advice useful, Lunar.

Can I ask you what line of work you are currently in? With this info, we might be able to give you more and better advice.

Yeah, sure wan. I work as a coach. So I coach and teach people in business on leadership and management. I hate it more because of my manager. The repetitiveness of talking about the same old stuff can get boring but I dislike it more because the manager is over bearing and wants things like we are robots. But yes this is my job. I hope this helps.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
LunarLioness, are you asking what kind of career you should have, or are you asking what your whole life purpose is? Those are not the same thing.

Career isn't anyone's life purpose. It's just one area of life. To see what kind of career would suit you best, we can look at your tenth house, we can look at your sixth and second for more details (sixth house describes, roughly, the kind of day to day work and working conditions you need; second house can describe how you earn your money), and we can come up with something plausible, but there are many careers that can fit the bill, for every birth chart.

If yours is draining you, that means one of three things: your career doesn't fit your birth chart's parameters, or the career itself does fit but the particular job you have is toxic, or you picked a career that worked for the time of life you were in when you picked it, but now you're ready for a change. Burning out and feeling drained is one thing that tends to happen when we need to move on.

No matter which of those three things is true for you, it sounds like you do need to change jobs. We could use your chart to explore what you need in more depth, but for that, it would help to know what kind of work you've been doing, what you find so draining about it, and what you're considering switching to.

If you're asking the broader question about life purpose, that can also be explored with your chart, but keep in mind that life purpose is broader than career. Since we put a lot of time and energy into our careers, whatever career you choose does need to be something you can spend time and energy on without taking you away from your life purpose, but it does not need to fulfill your entire life purpose in and of itself. No career can. The important thing is that it fills those of your needs that you need your career to fill and leaves room in your life to fill the rest of your needs outside of it.

Hey Osamenor, so good to get a moderators view in this too! Now, I have reflected on your comments, I can see that my thought process in the area of career and life progress was the same and this is where I wasn’t separating the two or even seeing them as you mention. Now I have a better understanding from you I think that I would like to know about career and life purpose.
Real straightforward advice is what you have given me.
I’m overcome with emotion as on this site so far everyone has been so clear and no beating around the bush. I needed this. Thank you Osamenor.
So, with my job I coach adults at work on leadership and management. I don’t like it anymore. My manager is draining me with her overpowering and micro managing issues. She works all hours and gets migraines due to lack of movement from the screen. Anyway, I digress, so you are right Osamenor. It was right for me at the time but now it’s time to go. I have been applying for HR jobs as I have done a course on it but I still think I’ve done it as I can see there are jobs available in it. How will I know it fulfils me until I do it right? I’m not sure I’m doing anything right when it comes to choosing careers. I was told by someone not to go into Public relations as it won’t be good for me. Too toxic I think.

With life purpose, I have no idea. I day dream of being in Hollywood for the glamour (please don’t laugh) but I can’t act and it’s just a day dream.) Anyway I’m in my early 40’s so that will take years and years. However like you say career is not life purpose.

Does this rambling help with gaining insights to the questions at all. Apologies for the rambling but I try and speak from the heart and be as honest as I can. Sometime we lie to ourselves to make ourselves feel better without realising.

Osamenor

Staff member
With life purpose, I have no idea. I day dream of being in Hollywood for the glamour (please don’t laugh) but I can’t act and it’s just a day dream.) Anyway I’m in my early 40’s so that will take years and years. However like you say career is not life purpose.

Day dreams are important here, because if you have a recurring one, it tells you what your touchstones are. Even if the substance of the daydream - having a Hollywood career - is not realistic, the spirit of it is. What is it about this dream that really speaks to you? If you had a Hollywood career, and it were everything you imagine it to be, what is it about that life that would really make you happy? What parts of it would be indispensable? What parts of it wouldn't really matter, on deeper reflection?

If what you really want is to perform, there are plenty of ways to do that that do not require being a Hollywood celebrity. Community theater, open mic night at the local coffeehouse, YouTube videos, teaching... any of that would be performative, and those are just a few examples.

I hit on the performative aspect of it first because you're spotlighting your Leo Moon with your username, which suggests that's especially important to you. Leo is the archetypal performer. A Leo-driven person needs the interaction, the give and get, that a performer experiences with their audience. When the Leo part of you is your Moon, there's a deep emotional need for that.

Not only that, your Leo Moon is conjunct your north node. North node represents what you want more and more of, can't get enough. It also, in the evolutionary view of the nodes, represents where you're going, the direction in life you need. If there's one part of the chart to interpret for life's purpose, that's it.

How do you fit performing into your life? How do you fit in creativity? Or do you? Is that a need that's going unfulfilled?

Could your job dissatisfaction, aside from the problems with your boss, have to do with not having a creative, performative aspect to your job?

Business coaching isn't exactly a performing art, unless you do it in a very unusual, creative way. HR isn't known for having room for creativity either.

Since Moon rules your MC, and your tenth house is empty, Moon is also the planet with the most say over your career. On both counts, it needs to be considered.

ElenaJ

The moon ruling your Midheaven would indicate that during your lifetime you will have several careers, changing like the moon.
Remember please to insert South node in your charts so you don't overlook it. In your case, it is in the 5th of performance, creativity, which is what draws you to those areas... it is what you are familiar with. It's fine to gravitate there, for a time, but you have to face North Node and move towards there.
At 14 Leo your moon is currently squared by transiting Uranus, making you restless and looking for change. Transiting Saturn has been hovering nearby in opposition, which is grounding you and putting your nose to the grindstone so to speak. It's the time you should be evaluating what you want and exploring, but you won't necessarily find the definitive answer right now.
It's part of the process, lion in the cage stalking back and forth looking to get free!
But once you are out of the cage, then what?

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
Day dreams are important here, because if you have a recurring one, it tells you what your touchstones are. Even if the substance of the daydream - having a Hollywood career - is not realistic, the spirit of it is. What is it about this dream that really speaks to you? If you had a Hollywood career, and it were everything you imagine it to be, what is it about that life that would really make you happy? What parts of it would be indispensable? What parts of it wouldn't really matter, on deeper reflection?

If what you really want is to perform, there are plenty of ways to do that that do not require being a Hollywood celebrity. Community theater, open mic night at the local coffeehouse, YouTube videos, teaching... any of that would be performative, and those are just a few examples.

I hit on the performative aspect of it first because you're spotlighting your Leo Moon with your username, which suggests that's especially important to you. Leo is the archetypal performer. A Leo-driven person needs the interaction, the give and get, that a performer experiences with their audience. When the Leo part of you is your Moon, there's a deep emotional need for that.

Not only that, your Leo Moon is conjunct your north node. North node represents what you want more and more of, can't get enough. It also, in the evolutionary view of the nodes, represents where you're going, the direction in life you need. If there's one part of the chart to interpret for life's purpose, that's it.

How do you fit performing into your life? How do you fit in creativity? Or do you? Is that a need that's going unfulfilled?

Could your job dissatisfaction, aside from the problems with your boss, have to do with not having a creative, performative aspect to your job?

Business coaching isn't exactly a performing art, unless you do it in a very unusual, creative way. HR isn't known for having room for creativity either.

Since Moon rules your MC, and your tenth house is empty, Moon is also the planet with the most say over your career. On both counts, it needs to be considered.

With the daydream it’s the lifestyle, the money and the possible fame. It’s appealing to me. To be able to express myself and be loved.
With the job I’m in now is the fact that I don’t get to be my whole self. I hate that and yes it’s not so creative. I don deliver workshops on management but then I don’t like it so much. I hate group workshops with challenging my people.

Thanks for the insights Osamenor

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
The moon ruling your Midheaven would indicate that during your lifetime you will have several careers, changing like the moon.
Remember please to insert South node in your charts so you don't overlook it. In your case, it is in the 5th of performance, creativity, which is what draws you to those areas... it is what you are familiar with. It's fine to gravitate there, for a time, but you have to face North Node and move towards there.
At 14 Leo your moon is currently squared by transiting Uranus, making you restless and looking for change. Transiting Saturn has been hovering nearby in opposition, which is grounding you and putting your nose to the grindstone so to speak. It's the time you should be evaluating what you want and exploring, but you won't necessarily find the definitive answer right now.
It's part of the process, lion in the cage stalking back and forth looking to get free!
But once you are out of the cage, then what?

I feel exactly that way. I’m in a cage. Out the cage I have no idea what I would do. Be myself and have my own choices. I feel m don’t have the choices right now. In my last place I worked there for 20 years. That was my first place I worked at. This is my second place. Been here 2 years abs dislike it because of my manager as well as the work. I think after merc Ret I’m gonna ask for another manager while I work out what to do long term. Thanks for the insights

Osamenor

Staff member
With the daydream it’s the lifestyle, the money and the possible fame. It’s appealing to me. To be able to express myself and be loved.
I think the "express myself and be loved" part is your touchstone right there.

How do you express yourself now? Do you have enough room in your life for the kind of self expression you need?

If not, that's your real crisis. And right now, in your early forties with your midlife transits happening (Neptune square natal Neptune, with Uranus opposition coming along), you're getting an urge to break free of that. It's an urge that, for your own mental health, really must be followed.

and yes it’s not so creative. I don deliver workshops on management but then I don’t like it so much. I hate group workshops with challenging my people.

Workshops aren't the thing for you either, then. What would be? What could bring out your creative, self expressive side?

With the job I’m in now is the fact that I don’t get to be my whole self. I hate that
You need a job where you can be your whole self. That's crucial.

While your job doesn't necessarily have to provide you with every possible medium for self expression, it does have to be something that doesn't hamper you being your whole self. When you have a job where you can't be your whole self, so much effort goes into suppressing that whole self that you can't be whole outside of work either.

A key message of your Leo Moon and north node is be your whole self. Express yourself how you need to. You can't afford not to.

Osamenor

Staff member

True, but since her Moon is in a fixed sign, stability is more likely. Hence her having stayed at her first job for 20 years.

LunarLioness, speaking of Moon, I think there might be some insight to be had from your progressed Moon. Could you post your progressed chart (secondary progressions)? With or without the natal is fine.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
I think after merc Ret I’m gonna ask for another manager while I work out what to do long term. Thanks for the insights

Why wait?

It might take until after Mercury retrograde to get a new manager, even if you ask now. But Mercury being retrograde does not make it a bad time to ask.

The only astrological factor that could make it a bad time to ask is a void of course Moon. That's when Moon has completed the last Ptolemaic aspect (conjunction, sextile, square, trine, or opposition) it's going to make before it changes signs. If there's a time when a request will be missed, that's it. Void of course Moons happen every two or three days and last anywhere from just a few minutes to, in an extreme case, several days. Most last somewhere between a few minutes and a few hours.

There are several sites and apps that can tell you when the Moon is void of course. Look that up and time your request for when it's not (make sure you have the time adjusted for your time zone), and you're fine, astrologically. Either your request will be granted, or if it's not, that will give you clear and useful information right there.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
Why wait?

It might take until after Mercury retrograde to get a new manager, even if you ask now. But Mercury being retrograde does not make it a bad time to ask.

The only astrological factor that could make it a bad time to ask is a void of course Moon. That's when Moon has completed the last Ptolemaic aspect (conjunction, sextile, square, trine, or opposition) it's going to make before it changes signs. If there's a time when a request will be missed, that's it. Void of course Moons happen every two or three days and last anywhere from just a few minutes to, in an extreme case, several days. Most last somewhere between a few minutes and a few hours.

There are several sites and apps that can tell you when the Moon is void of course. Look that up and time your request for when it's not (make sure you have the time adjusted for your time zone), and you're fine, astrologically. Either your request will be granted, or if it's not, that will give you clear and useful information right there.

I spoke with my manager today. I have come to the realisation that I don’t help myself. Im my own worst enemy I told her I wasn’t happy with my job and it drained me. She says she wants to help but the words didn’t come out of my mouth to say she is the problem. Part of this is because she won’t change, it won’t make a difference and secondly because I didn’t have the courage for confrontation especially with a manager where my job is in danger. I still need to make a living. I still have outgoings.

Anyway, I do need to request the move for my peace of mind. Thanks for the direction Osamenor. I didn’t realise this about merc Ret. I thought everything goes to a halt!

Anyway here is my progressed chart with natal.
I don’t have any clue what will make my heart go boom and create a spark in me.

https://ibb.co/jkDJH4C

Last edited by a moderator:

Osamenor

Staff member
I didn’t realise this about merc Ret. I thought everything goes to a halt!
If everything ground to a halt because of Mercury being retrograde, no one would be able to do anything for a cumulative third of the year. How logical is that?

There's nothing you can't do during Mercury retrograde. There are things that might be somewhat more likely than usual to go a little haywire, but that's a far cry from don't do them. It's more a case of, expect the unexpected.

Anyway here is my progressed chart with natal.

https://ibb.co/jkDJH4C

I see another reason why you're feeling so drained: you're in a progressed waning dark moon phase.

The phase your progressed Moon is in is the undercurrent to your current life. The dark moon is a time of rest and retreat. It's the completion of a lunar cycle. The winter of it, if you will.

That's not a phase when you can take much on. It is a phase when, if anything makes you feel tired and drained, that effect will be especially pronounced. It can also be a time of retreat from the world. Especially when the moon is still waning. When your progressed Moon reaches your progressed Sun and starts to wax, it will be the beginning of a new moon cycle, with some new energy gradually starting to come in.

You're about 7-8 months away from your progressed new moon. This is the very end of the end of the cycle. A good time to wrap things up. A good time to retreat, as much as you can, go within, and let yourself dream.

I don’t have any clue what will make my heart go boom and create a spark in me.
Then don't start there. Start with what you don't mind doing. A merely okay job is okay to have while you're figuring things out. Just as long as it doesn't drain you more, and you don't pin your hopes of a spark on it.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
If everything ground to a halt because of Mercury being retrograde, no one would be able to do anything for a cumulative third of the year. How logical is that?

There's nothing you can't do during Mercury retrograde. There are things that might be somewhat more likely than usual to go a little haywire, but that's a far cry from don't do them. It's more a case of, expect the unexpected.

I see another reason why you're feeling so drained: you're in a progressed waning dark moon phase.

The phase your progressed Moon is in is the undercurrent to your current life. The dark moon is a time of rest and retreat. It's the completion of a lunar cycle. The winter of it, if you will.

That's not a phase when you can take much on. It is a phase when, if anything makes you feel tired and drained, that effect will be especially pronounced. It can also be a time of retreat from the world. Especially when the moon is still waning. When your progressed Moon reaches your progressed Sun and starts to wax, it will be the beginning of a new moon cycle, with some new energy gradually starting to come in.

You're about 7-8 months away from your progressed new moon. This is the very end of the end of the cycle. A good time to wrap things up. A good time to retreat, as much as you can, go within, and let yourself dream.

Then don't start there. Start with what you don't mind doing. A merely okay job is okay to have while you're figuring things out. Just as long as it doesn't drain you more, and you don't pin your hopes of a spark on it.

Thanks Osamenor, I appreciate your taking your valuable time to look at this and helping me. This in fact helps me focus a lot and it will help me understand the progress chart too. I can see I’m at the last degree of my libra ascender moving onto Scorpio next year. Does this have an impact too so you think?
So after about 8 months do you think that’s the best time to apply for a job or a possible new direction.

Osamenor

Staff member
I can see I’m at the last degree of my libra ascender moving onto Scorpio next year. Does this have an impact too so you think?
The years around your progressed ascendant changing signs are always significant. That's true of all progressed planets changing signs, too, except Moon, which changes signs every couple of years. Takeaway: this is a significant time in your life.

Your progressed Venus just changed signs, too. Since Venus is your ascendant ruler, that, I would think, is prompting some revolution in sense of self/how you interact with the world.

So after about 8 months do you think that’s the best time to apply for a job or a possible new direction.

I think it may take about eight months to find your new direction, if you do the work to find it now. That doesn't mean you should wait eight months to apply for a new job. If your current one is really unbearable, staying there will hinder you finding a new direction. But if you do look for a new job now, I think it would be best to look for something with a built in end date. Maybe a contracted position that's only for a year or two at most. That way, you can get out of this situation and give yourself some breathing room, without committing to anything permanent.

And that way, you'll feel free to move on when you figure out what you want to be doing and find the opportunity.