Should I sign a lease for this apartment (dream apartment)?

LostinPhilly

Hi all,

Hope all is well and you are keeping safe.

I recently came across an apartment which exactly matches my criteria.

However, the rent is slightly above my budget, but it is in a very sought after area, safe, clean and a rare find in the complex.

Aside from the rent being slightly above my budget, the landlord is pushing to have a lease start August 8th, which would be quite difficult for me to abide by as I only visited the apartment two days ago and my existing lease requires 30 days notice at least. This means the two leases would overlap for a week or so and I would need to absorb the cost.

I however have concerns about my current lease as well and no longer see a future in my current apartment. We were 3 tenants, one of them moved out leaving the room vacant. We have not been able to find a third tenant and would thus be required to absorb the cost of the 3rd room (which would increase my rent to the same extent as the other apartment) or vacate the apartment altogether once the restrictions are lifted.

Should I thus sign a lease for this new apartment I found?

Thank you!

astro-2gw-should-i-sign-this-lease-hr-32923-48539.png

ElenaJ

I would hold off if I were you.
You are mercury, approaching a square with mars. Mars is in the 2nd of the new place, money problems.
The new apartment is Jupiter/neptune.
Moon approaches a square with Neptune!
Jupiter is retrograde, in its fall, and the only further aspect it makes before it changes signs is a sextile to its co-ruler, Neptune, who is also symbol of confusion and deception!. In addition it is in the 2nd of your current apartment, so as you outlined, the new place would be eating up money from your old place!
Further confirmation of this is Venus, natural ruler of finances, and ruler of your 2nd of money, who squares the ascendent, you, and approaches a square with Neptune.

LostinPhilly

I would hold off if I were you.
You are mercury, approaching a square with mars. Mars is in the 2nd of the new place, money problems.
The new apartment is Jupiter/neptune.
Moon approaches a square with Neptune!
Jupiter is retrograde, in its fall, and the only further aspect it makes before it changes signs is a sextile to its co-ruler, Neptune, who is also symbol of confusion and deception!. In addition it is in the 2nd of your current apartment, so as you outlined, the new place would be eating up money from your old place!
Further confirmation of this is Venus, natural ruler of finances, and ruler of your 2nd of money, who squares the ascendent, you, and approaches a square with Neptune.

Thank you, Elena.

Yes, I believe taking this apartment would restrict any financial freedom as it would be eating up about 65% of my salary (not including utilities/bills). You're right, this doesn't seem to be a good move at the moment.

Just to clarify on the "money problems" point - does this refer to money problems being triggered from the cost of the rent if I were to take this apartment or foreseen "money problems" irrespective of this transaction?

Many thanks.

LostinPhilly

Specifically related to the new place.

Thank you for the clarification, Elena.

Yes, I can imagine as this would basically revert me back to where I was financially when I landed my first full-time job after college.

I will be working just for the purpose of paying my rent. Definitely not a viable financial decision.