Is there such a thing as a "Job Chart"?

PD187540

Just wondering about this, but let's say you draw up a chart for your very first day of work at a particular job (exact time, location, etc.). Would that chart serve as a "birth chart" for your job, which would then tell you if you'll last in it, whether it's good/bad etc???

Lion o ness

GOOD QUESTION!!!

I dont know for sure.. I looked at mine... Its in the transportation Industry.

My job chart has MC in Aqua.. H10 is empty.

Saturn right on the H11 cusp. (pisces) Mars,merc,in h11 in Aries.
saturn trine jupiter
saturn sq moon.

h6 is Libra/scoprio
Jupiter in h6.. NN/Dsc/Pluto all conjunct.

h3 (for transportinn) ruled by cancer.. Moon in H1 in Gem.

I checked the synastry also, which would have been my transits for the day.

Natal to Job Chart
Leo Stellium sq Jupiter
NN conjunct Uranus (exact)
venus conjunct part of fortune
Asc conjunct Saturn
Pluto opps mars
Leo Stellium sq Venus
Jupiter trine sun
9th cusp conjunt pluto.

Hummm cant say I really see it.. Saturn conjunct my Asc.. maybe. made me stick with it..
Other than that Saturn has no aspects..

I have worked for this company for 17 years now..

BobZemco

Just wondering about this, but let's say you draw up a chart for your very first day of work at a particular job (exact time, location, etc.). Would that chart serve as a "birth chart" for your job, which would then tell you if you'll last in it, whether it's good/bad etc???

We use them in Traditional Astrology. We call them "Ascension Charts."

That chart would then function as the base chart for any Horary based questions, such as length of employment, if you laid-off would you be recalled to work, whether your employment is good or bad etc.

You also read that chart against your natal chart and solar returns.

BobZemco

I should say that in Mundane Astrology you can generally cast a chart for any event. On the relationship forum, someone wanted to know if you could cast a chart for a relationship, and I don't see why you couldn't.

They only thing you would need to know is that those charts are progressed using a rate of 59'08" per day, which equates to a Solar Year.

I think I did a half-fast job on Egypt's chart over in the mundane section about the revolution showing the Planets progressed at the solar rate.

Actually, I would probably use your Solar Return Chart, and then direct those Planets as promissors against your "Ascension Chart."Your Midheaven is fame, honor, attainment and dignity, and the Sun is also a mild indicator of fame, so a Planet in your Solar Return Chart directed to an aspect of the Sun in you Ascension Chart might show some praise or admonishment (if a Malefic) or to your Midheaven might show praise as well, maybe a raise in wages/salary and things like that.

Culpeper

Premium Member
Yes, beginning a new job is a good example of the use of an event or electional chart. If you have some say about when you will start, you can try to cast an electional chart that will be most favorable. On the other hand if the employer picks the time, you have an event chart and have to make the most of it.

My current employment began in 1994. I had no choice in the starting time. I have a chart for the time I began, and it is mostly awful. There is almost no essential dignity in it. The main significators are peregrine, retrograde and in weak houses. However, retro Mercury(myself) immediately completes a trine aspect with retro Jupiter(employer) and together they form a grand trine with Saturn in the 10th house. Saturn's only contribution has been to make the whole experience very unpleasant. However, the financial return has been far beyond my expectation. Grand trines must be good for something.

One way to do the timing of these charts is to use profections. There are several profection methods. The most common was to count each house as a year. Begin with the first house/sign as the first year of employment and count inclusively in the counter clockwise direction. Each house becomes the first house of a new chart--the profection chart for that year. If you desire even more details, begin with the first house of the desired year and count in the same manner but count the houses as months.

This is the event chart as a job. You can use this for the beginning of any important enterprise. But if you can, elect a very good time to start.

Last edited: