Please HELP! Does this look promising for being accepted into medical school?

PD187540

Those squares and oppositions in our charts are very beneficial in the long run, although we whine and complain about them to ourselves they help (or "force") us to build character and some tenacity, you know the saying "When the going gets tough"!

And Cap, speaking of that excellent phrase, take a look at the meaning behind Saturn conjunct Pluto (a very tight aspect I have on the MC). I took this from skyviewzone (http://www.skyviewzone.com/astrology/aspectssaturn.htm):

Saturn in Conjunction, Trine, Sextile to Pluto...Self discipline and endurance are traits that you will continue to perfect throughout life. It's easy for you to become compulsive about your ambitions once a decision is made. This can take you far, but try to alleviate some of the self-imposed pressure by taking the time to experience the lighter side of life whenever possible. You have great depth of character and you embody the phrase, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going."
[deleted overly long quote against forum rules - Moderator]

How do you like that?!

P.S. Astro dot com has this neat feature called Astro Twins, which allows you to see other famous people's charts with the same birthday and Ascendant sign as you. For me, four people came up: two doctors, a writer, and a murderer. The doctors all had a heavy 8th house emphasis with sun in the 8th house. I also have that set-up. That's further proof!

Last edited by a moderator:

PD187540

Don't worry about talking about me in the 3rd person, Cap. It's quite OK!

As for the trial and error thing, I've done that with my university studies already. I experienced the Ph.D. and the Master's, and they're just not for me. I'm fully set on a medical degree now.

I just hope that the thought of suicide doesn't creep into the picture later on down the road. I have never in my life given any thought to suicide, but in the metaphorical sense of the term, I really feel like my pursuit of getting into medical school is literally a "do or die" situation.

I can't fathom how I will feel if I don't get a high score on the MCAT admissions test next year. If I don't get a good enough score (although every other part of my application is excellent), I may just go crazy over the fact that a standardized test denied myself entry. So if I don't get in, my thoughts about going for higher education would be very negative. And since my college major right now is obsolete for me, what the heck am I supposed to do with my life? Work as a cashier for a grocery store? I'd rather not live than have to do that.

I will admit, though, that I have started studying for the test, and my memory is still razor-sharp. In fact, I feel that I have a more developed conceptual understanding of science topics more so than when I was in college. I'm also doing great in the physics class I'm taking. Hopefully, that's a bonus.

This is why I'm hoping that there's something in my chart(s) that indicate I will pass that test and get into medical school. I wish there was a definite answer to that in my transits/progressions!

P.S. One or two family members may pass away from now until 2013. My grandfather is currently sick in the hospital with congestive heart failure. I have a feeling someone else may go, but I don't know who.

Last edited:
This is why I'm hoping that there's something in my chart(s) that indicate I will pass that test and get into medical school. I wish there was a definite answer to that in my transits/progressions!
the ONLY divinative way astrology is going to answer this type of enquiry is with Horary charts....

I'm not sure if that's going to apply to my situation though. First, I don't know exactly when I posed the initial question. I've been thinking about it for years, so the actual thought itself could count (and I have no clue when the first thought entered my brain!) lol

Also, I can ask this question every day, so does that mean I'd have to draw up a horary chart each time I ask the same question?

I don't know...something about horary completely turns me off, and I don't think it's as legitimate as transits/progressions.
Do the research into horary, then you will have the answers you seek, about how, when and frequency. It's no good keep moaning and disregarding, if you won't put the effort in :rightful:

Your question would be suitable for a horary question, IF you follow the basic rules
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php?faq=horary#faq_horary_astrology_boards

Astrology will at best hold only half the answers, the rest is going on between your ears...

“Astrology can be used to help you in many ways. It can reveal damaging behavioral patterns or forewarn you of upcoming challenges. It can help you pinpoint latent talents you may possess and provide you with specific hints on how to best develop them. Astrology can also point out expansive, rewarding trends that are coming up and assist you in figuring out how to take advantage of them before they fade. Finally, astrology is an excellent means to determine the perfect timing for certain actions.” http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

“The beauty of astrology is that it will help you to always be in complete control of your life. Astrology is not fortune telling: but it is a recognition that we have free will. We know we are not controlled by the planets, but the planets do create a certain atmospheres of constriction or ease, that keeps us on our toes. Alas, you cannot blame the planets and say, for example, Saturn made me do it! The few times I have said this to an audience, most people laugh it does sound funny.”
http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html

“The planets work to help us help ourselves. By applying pressure, planets help us to overcome inertia. At other times, they help us to see unproductive or even self-destructive behavior that we may have never noticed before but that we can fix. Astrologers believe we must be accountable for our actions and to recognize that we do have choices. The study of astrology will help you sort out all your options and to act at the proper time.” http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/whatastrologycandoforyou.html
To read the full article just click on above link

Vista

A major dent has suddenly been thrown into medical school prospects:

I'm not sure if medical schools will accept the chemistry courses I took in college. They require one year of general chemistry with lab and one year of organic chemistry with lab (which means four courses total). I took three courses entitled "Intro to General and Organic Chemistry I, II, and III" with labs. All the chemistry content required was taught in those three courses.

I'm currently seeking out answers to find out if my courses are acceptable, but if not, I have no idea what to do anymore because no way in hell am I going to take FOUR extra courses whose content I already went through. That would be such a waste of time and money, and I can't afford to delay my entry into medical school another full year. Not going to happen...

So let's say if med schools tell me that my courses aren't acceptable...what would my options be? Well, I could apply to a Master's program in Pathologist's Assistant (same thing as my bachelor's degree), but that would ultimately kill me in the end because I wouldn't be having the responsibility I really crave as a doctor (and I can't stand living with the title of "assistant").

If my courses aren't acceptable, I really feel that the consequences may be dire...extremely dire. Any chart-related input or thoughts are needed now more than anything!!!

The end of next month T Jupiter will trine your Venus, ruler of 9th house of higher learning and Mars, ruler of 3rd house of communication. Maybe you will hear something then. If not, in the fall of this year Transiting Saturn will also trine these same planets, which could be another time that you might be excepted into the program.

Saturn on the MC might delay success but seems to align with medical school, residency, then 2 years of specialty. That would put you at mid 30's or so give or take a year or too. Then you would have to buy into a practice or become a junior partner. It will certainly take time.

student4life

I'm beginning to think that all Capricorn risings will start to have some form of car trouble from now until Uranus passes through Aries. My friend (also a Cap rising) is having electrical problems with his car!
Oh please don't say that, I have to drive 140 miles each day for school and I really don't want any car troubles.

I am glad they are going to accept your Chemistry classes, it is also good that they will let you take the remaining one at the community college. You will do fine in your courses, don't let it overwhelm you. Good luck with your journey towards medical school :rightful:

student4life

It's 140 round trip, I plan on moving closer this summer.
My grandmother passed away so I rented a house up the street to help my grandfather through the transition phase after her passing. It will be 2 years this November so I think he will be o.k. once I move away, hopefully...

DOVES38

Dear Astrologers:

I think that with capricorn rising <you will find your way to the top ,it 's just that it may take some time to sort out what you want ( I have capricorn rising and i have had a hard time but i will overcome it ! so will you ). You have a debilitating sun square neptune which could and likely have cause you to sabotage your potential ( giving up on phd program and giving up on masters online course, medical school etc) but with hard work and i think having a religious or spiritual realm could help you with your ambitions ( neptune cause wash away what someone builds ,a career ,ambition but only if its the wrong thing to do and with pluto in the ninth house and your tenth house ruler( so is mine)! next to saturn ,your destiny is being a doctor or something related to deaths ,inheritances and higher education ( a medical doctor can be the way too,scorpio does rules occupations that involved in depth means ,and being a medical doctor ( medical examiner? a coroner ? ) or a professor ( pluto in ninth house ) and or hospital doctor in emergency room can be your destiny. maybe even a psychologist ( eighth house issues ?) and scorpio in the tenth house ,scorpio does rules the psychological sciences . then again just get it together ,make it a choice and take it one step at a time ,you can do it.by october 2012 with saturn in your tenth house ,you will on top of the world because if you work hard and dedicate yourself ( having a capricorn rising ,you are a hard worker ,born at heart ) you will shine, shine , but remember take it one step at a time , also I was wondering ,did you have any traumatic events in your life . and also be careful of drugs ,alcoholism because that can lead you into disarray. Be careful of shaddy friends and about your dad , did he have a substance abuse problem or was he deceptive, or a doctor ,or someone caring for the poor ?

DOVES38

THE CHART SHOWS SATURN CONJUNCT SATURN ( A MAJOR LIFE CHANGE ) THIS TO THE MEDICAL STUDENT TO BE > YOU WILL LIKELY EITHER MEET SOMEONE TO MARRY < YOUR CAREER WILL TAKE OFF ( YES IT WILL < WITH SATURN SOON TO BE AT THE MIDHEAVEN IN A FEW YEARS). TAKE IT EASY BUT TRY TO BE AS CAREFUL AS POSSIBLE WITH YOUR MOTIVES BECAUSE YOU COULD POSSIBLE SABATAGE YOUR AMBITIONS <DREAMS ( SUN SQUARE NEPTUNE ) BUT WITH PLUTO CONJUNCT SATURN NEAR THE TENTH HOUSE THIS CAN MEAN OBTAINING POWER AND PRIVILEDGE STEMMING FROM HARD WORK OVER LONG PERIODS OF TIME AND SCORPIO IN THE TENTH HOUSE ( DEATH OCCUPATIONS < FINANCES <AND POWER <POLITICS ) YES YOU CAN BE A MEDICAL DOCTOR <JUST PUT YOUR MIND TO IT AND BY OCTOBER 2012.YOU WILL BE READY TO BE THE NEXT GREAT MD <PHD AND READY FOR THE BIG JOB <and marriage, or soul mate ? ( ADULT RESPONSIBILITIES <YOUR DESTINY STARTS NOW

Last edited: