Vanessa Redgrave's `annus horribilis'

R4VEN

Ms Redgrave has experienced a difficult 14 months:
18th March 2009: Her daughter Natasha Richardson (wife of Liam Neeson) died suddenly
6th April 2010: her brother Corin died
2nd May 2010: her sister Lynn also died.

Thus, in just under 14 months she lost not only one of her two children, but both her siblings.

For those who are interested in the astrology of death and transformation, I have included 3 charts; each are of Vanessa R, but the 3 dates above and the transits and progressions on those dates.

Comment if you feel like. I have mainly added this thread for interest, rather than trying to solve any kind of astro-dilemma!!

I'm seeing Uranus tr her 8th house, conjunct Venus - ruler of 3rd house of siblings - and opposition natal Moon. (When I had tr Uranus transiting my 8th house I lost to death my brother and my grandfather - who lived with us, so to whom I was quite close.)
Pluto transiting her 5th of children is quite a deep and transforming energy also.

[There's more, but it's late and my brain is numb.]

Attachments

• vanessa_redgrave_Natasha's death.gif
    vanessa_redgrave_Natasha's death.gif
    54.8 KB · Views: 33
  • vanessa_redgrave_Corin's death.16115.gif
    vanessa_redgrave_Corin's death.16115.gif
    55.5 KB · Views: 22
  • vanessa_redgrave_Lynn's death.gif
    vanessa_redgrave_Lynn's death.gif
    55.2 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Claire19

Ms Redgrave has experienced a difficult 14 months:
18th March 2009: Her daughter Natasha Richardson (wife of Liam Neeson) died suddenly
6th April 2010: her brother Corin died
2nd May 2010: her sister Lynn also died.

Thus, in just under 14 months she lost not only one of her two children, but both her siblings.

For those who are interested in the astrology of death and transformation, I have included 3 charts; each are of Vanessa R, but the 3 dates above and the transits and progressions on those dates.

Comment if you feel like. I have mainly added this thread for interest, rather than trying to solve any kind of astro-dilemma!!

I'm seeing Uranus tr her 8th house, conjunct Venus - ruler of 3rd house of siblings - and opposition natal Moon. (When I had tr Uranus transiting my 8th house I lost to death my brother and my grandfather - who lived with us, so to whom I was quite close.)
Pluto transiting her 5th of children is quite a deep and transforming energy also.

[There's more, but it's late and my brain is numb.]
Yes I agree but Pluto rules passing into the other realms or death as some say. I am sorry for your losses. When I had Transitting Uranus through the 12th house of paternal aunts we lost my aunt in an accident and she was also an Aquarian....It was squaring my natal Uranus in the fourth of general family....It was out of the blue and shocking as Uranus always tends to be.

Claire19

I am glad you posted this. I was wondering what was going on in her chart.
Yes pretty horrendous for sure. Her sister Lynn tends to show up more in her chart and it could be she felt her passing more keenly than her other sibling Corin......

Natasha

Saturn has been stationary direct near her moon. She has been having the Saturn moon transit since October 2009. A hell of a Saturn Moon transit. I will check if I can see any other transits. I always look for major hard aspect of transiting Pluto to one of her personal planets / luminaries / angles in these cases but cant see him around her chart at first glance
Mars on the IC natally may be tied in some way perhaps to some transit - just a thought.

Last edited: