Aspects of homosexuality?

MJ82

LOL! Ok interesting ideas, you happen to be right in my case :big grin:

But I still stand by the position that there are many complex factors in determining sexuality. I might drop a bombshell now and tell you that I do, sometimes, also sleep with men, though I am basically gay, in that I only date women... so, complex, as I said.. but interesting theory!

Anachiel

If this was already discussed, and I missed it, sorry for the re-invention of the topic but, seriously, could someone tell me what shows hetrosexuality in a chart???? I have enough gay people around me to last a celebate life-time.

And, while I'm placing my order, could you also tell me what in a a chart shows they like to be on the bottom but active.

Many thanks in advance! :innocent:

So one of the things I see in this thread is a conflation of astrology with fate. If a person has something like Uranus square Venus, it does not mean they ARE gay, but it does mean the probability they are gay rises. Combine it with some other indicators, and the probability begins to tip more in more in favor of gay. Now, it is possible even WITH all those indicators that the person is, in fact, NOT GAY. This is because Astrology is not fate, but the default barring awareness.

Hence, you take a marker like Uranus in the eighth which has some mental approaches to sex along with independence and ideals, square it to venus in the fifth which has to do with love and romance, and you are going to probably get a person who has a more fluid sexuality. Combine that with a male having a feminine north node in a masculine house, or vice versa, and the odds that the normal "feminine/masculine" divide are going to be off become higher.

scorpittarian

STEP 1: The Screening Process
Uranus and/or Neptune in the 8th and/or 12th House is the first prognostic indicator (I call these the "dead ringers"). Saturn in either of those houses is open to question (as well as the 5th House). I'm still not 100% certain if Saturn plays a direct role (my guess is indirect at most), but it could be taken into account if neither Uranus and/or Neptune is present. Note that NONE of these specific planets have to be present in those houses in order to make someone non-heterosexual! They just give an initial "hint". I will go so far as to say that NO planets present in the 5th, 8th, and 12th houses contributes to heterosexuality.

In your chart, there are no dead ringers in the 8th or 12th house (and none in the 5th house), BUT Saturn is in the 8th. Again, Saturn in that house is questionable, but it's still a reason to analyze further. So let's dig a little deeper, shall we?

Now it's time for STEP 2: The 5th-8th-12th House Analysis. In non-heterosexual charts, the rulers of those houses have a 90%+ chance of connecting with other planets in the 8th/5th/12th houses, thereby activating them. That's the biggest clue to making a person non-heterosexual..mark my words here! And the best part is that the aspect types (square/opposition/trine/sextile/etc) don't matter! As long as they're connected SOMEHOW (less emphasis placed on minor aspects like the sesquiquadrate/semisquare/etc), then you can safely make the diagnosis of non-heterosexual. So in your chart:

Starting with the 5th House, the ruler is Mercury. Your Mercury is posited in the 1st House, and it's making connections to your 8th house planets. BAM...the 5th and 8th are connected.

Your 8th house in Libra: Its ruler Venus is placed in the 12th HOUSE (a non-hetero house, so this is a strong indicator just by Venus' housal placement), AND it's making connections to Pluto and the Moon in the 8th House. There's an 8th-12th house connection.

Finally, your 12th House in Capricorn..its ruler Saturn is where? 8TH HOUSE! That happens to trine Mercury (the ruler of your 5th house!). That connection alone just brings it all together: 5th-8th-12th house.

Final diagnosis: NON-HETEROSEXUAL is your nature. You start analyzing the pieces (the trees), and then you put it together as a whole (the forest). If you look at my chart in my profile, you will see a similar pattern going on (I have a dead ringer, and my 5th-8th-12th houses are all connected).

You just dropped a bombshell on me! :pouty: I analysed my non-heterosexual friend's chart & your diagnostic procedure worked. I followed the same procedure with my chart & the result is the same as hers : non-heterosexual chart. I believed I was heterosexual all this while but I'm more than doubtful right now! I've never in my entire life felt attracted to women. Lolz! How did this happen?:unsure:

Attachments

• sc.jpg
    sc.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 38

scorpittarian

Well, I'm happy to hear that my diagnostic procedure worked :cool:. But clarify something for me: Is that chart that you attached in the above message yours?

That non-heterosexual chart is mine. Your diagnosis has become a hot topic for discussion at home & on Facebook. :lol:

Anachiel

Nature does not make distinctions between sexual expression. Sexuality is natural, no matter what expression it takes. Astrology is also natural. Therefore, astrology also will not make distinctions between sexual expression.

Only humans have made distinctions between sexual expression, labeling them, judging them, making an issue of any variant of expression that does not fit with a narrow spectrum of morals and laws.

Astrology is not about morality, judgement or drawing fine lines between something that naturally has none. It is also highly unethical and very bad practice to use astrology to pigeon hole someone by saying you ARE gay or straight or like bondage or accounting or whatever. This totally limits the expression that astrology ( not to mention the range of a person's expression) was meant to be used for.

Using astrology to find out someone's sexual preference is akin to some gossip rag and furthers no one. It is much better to use astrology to guide a person better HOW to love rather then tell them WHAT to love.

People are more than a label and (natal) astrology should be able to offer more.

waybread

I'm not lying when I seriously think that this is a major breakthrough in astrological analysis. I'd love to hear some of the big name astrologers come forth and give an opinion on my hypothesis (Liz Greene, Robert Hand, Arroyo, Jeff Smith, Steven Forrest, etc.), either via web or in print. Whether supporting it or against it, I'd love to hear some feedback.

PD, surely the thought has occurrred to you that there is a reason why the "big name astrologers" don't get into reading sexual orientation off a birth chart.

Unfortunately I won't be able to find the reference, but I recall reading Steven Forrest claim that after reading thousands of birth charts, he doesn't believe there is a "gay" signature.

Also, probably you are aware that to truly make a case you would have to investigate a statistically significant sample of charts, and then compare them with a comparable control sample of heterosexual charts. You would have to define your house system, knowing that planets can move around depending upon the system used. You would have to ensure that the percentage of people with your "gay" chart placements roughly matched the percentage of gay people in the population, based upon social science or poll data.

If approximately 1/12 of the population has Uranus in the 12th, Uranus in the 8th, Neptune, in the 12, or Neptune in the 8th and we deduct for some overlap, that is a huge swath of the human population, probably greater than the percentage of gay people according to polls and social science surveys.

As I mentioned on the other recent thread on sexual orientation, you have to decide what to do with bi-sexual, trans-gendered, and cross-dressing people. So far as I know, professional psychologists think most people have some bi-sexual tendencies, but if they are primarily straight they will tend to suppress or not act on any same-sex attractions.

And you would really have to ask yourself why this line of characterizing people is important to you.

Last edited:

Claire19

Look at the charts of John F. Kennedy, Jr. and Bill Clinton. A good deal is known about the sexual behaviors of these two men.

Now put together a list of a dozen or so of your favorite gay men. Examine the charts.

In learning astrology, the study of horoscopes is far more fruitful (no pun intended) than the study of books.

Lilith? Aren't ten planets enough? Before 1800 astrologers got along very well with 7. The power of astrology lies in its simplicity; the more elements you add to a chart, the more confused the astrologer's mind is apt to become.
As Bill Clinton is my twin I know a lot about him and sex. He has Mars Neptune Venus conjunct sextile Pluto which can indicate sexual addiction.

I agree that all the fixed stars, asteroids and such are not necessary or even valid and I agree that the less aspects we deal with the better, in a chart. We need to have 12 planets for 12 signs though but one may have exploded or more. I dont like one planet ruling two signs for instance, that does not gel with me. I agree we need to study actual horoscopes as every one is unique and there are no templates or set criteria nor signatures.

Last edited:

Claire19

Nature does not make distinctions between sexual expression. Sexuality is natural, no matter what expression it takes. Astrology is also natural. Therefore, astrology also will not make distinctions between sexual expression.

Only humans have made distinctions between sexual expression, labeling them, judging them, making an issue of any variant of expression that does not fit with a narrow spectrum of morals and laws.

Astrology is not about morality, judgement or drawing fine lines between something that naturally has none. It is also highly unethical and very bad practice to use astrology to pigeon hole someone by saying you ARE gay or straight or like bondage or accounting or whatever. This totally limits the expression that astrology ( not to mention the range of a person's expression) was meant to be used for.

Using astrology to find out someone's sexual preference is akin to some gossip rag and furthers no one. It is much better to use astrology to guide a person better HOW to love rather then tell them WHAT to love.

People are more than a label and (natal) astrology should be able to offer more.
AsI have said looking for homosexual aspects in a chart is not the way to go. It is to know the person first and then see what influences the sexual persuasion that is already known. The combinations will be different for everyone. We are not our charts, the charts are us.

I don't think that just having a Uranus square Venus aspect increases the probability of being gay at all. You can have a Uranus in 8th squaring Venus in 5th aspect, and that still doesn't mean the person is gay. You need to look at the BIGGER picture, and by that, I mean taking into account the 5th, 8th, and 12th houses (their cusps and rulers).

Also, I don't even pay attention to the north/south nodes in determining sexual orientation. However, if the ruler of the north node happens to be in the 8th or 12th house (AFTER considering the 5th-8th-12th housal connections and the dead ringers), that adds a few bonus points, but BY THEMSELVES, the nodes don't solely determine sexual orientation whatsoever.

My point wasn't that any of those things alone determine sexual orientation. A uranus in the eighth, however, indicates rebellion. The nature of the rebellion COULD be that someone is gay, or that they like to dress up as a furry wombat to get it on. Rebellion, in this day and age, means gay. Either way, just having Uranus up there puts the question into focus.

The nodes, in my experience, are pretty handy for determining where the balance is going to be broken, and what might be appealing along with the seventh house.

As an aside, I have neptune in the eighth, but I can safely say I like women. However, I generally like the WRONG women, and so the fogginess of neptune is satisfied not because my boundaries are blurry in sexual orientation, but because my boundaries are blurry in trusting those I shouldn't. If it were not there, I suspect i'd have an easier time of it. That it is there, though, would imply my boundaries are not what they ought to be somehow or another.

I'd love to see your birth chart. Neptune in the 8th is a dead ringer placement, but like I said before, if the rest of the chart is not holistically there for a non-hetero orientation, you're going to enjoy women.

August 31st, 1980
Evansville, Indiana
9:55 pm

Knock yourself out!

greybeard

If we substitute the term "the sky as it was at the moment of your birth" for "chart" [the chart is a representation of the sky], then might it not be ....

That the sky at the moment of birth, and you, are one? I think if we look closely we will see that the Moment of Birth (a unique moment in the continuum of spacetime) is made manifest and evolves toward its purpose (or fulfillment of its nature) through time, through you.

It amuses me to watch the world of politics, where the politician can accept bribes, payoffs, incentives by the millions...or can be a drunkard incapable of cogent thought, or many other things....but let the politician have a sexual adventure of some sort and the press acts like a pack of hounds. Says something about the nature of the human animal, I suspect.

princess valhalla

I have Neptune and Sun in the 8th squaring mars, jupiter and saturn in the 5th. No planets in 12th but 12th house ruler mars in the 5th.
How do you read my chart. . .

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_sarah.4090.47565.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_sarah.4090.47565.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 29
That the sky at the moment of birth, and you, are one? I think if we look closely we will see that the Moment of Birth (a unique moment in the continuum of spacetime) is made manifest and evolves toward its purpose (or fulfillment of its nature) through time, through you.

I actually was writing about this on my blog today. In short, I think that insides and outsides are not clear cut, and that when something outside is symbolized, it is also inside such that how it was symbolized can have meaning in a bi-directional way. I'll toss my link up in case you want to read an expanded version of what I'm saying: www.lifewisdomcorner.com

I have Neptune and Sun in the 8th squaring mars, jupiter and saturn in the 5th. No planets in 12th but 12th house ruler mars in the 5th.
How do you read my chart. . .

It appears to me that you are being purged in libra for the purposes of service--and a big mechanism of that purge is the re-structuring and re-building of your ego in the fifth which the eighth house of transformation is going to tend to make very uncomfortable. In other words, transformation is going to probably make you restructure your ego, and it won't be entirely pleasant. (Yes, that probably means sex) Sex looks to make you go selfless moreso, which is probably historically not the easiest thing for you--a big driver was to have fun.

waybread

My comments are in brown type, below.

Waybread,

Steven Forrest's claim is very prone to being challenged, and I'll definitely be the one to do that.

OK, so he's off your "big name astrologers" list. Why don't you correspond with the others now, and see what they say?

I realize that I will have to use a nice statistical sample of charts in my research. Like anyone who calls him/herself a scientist knows, that's one of the main tenets of conducting ANY experiment. Placidus is the house system I prefer (since that's where I see my results correlating the best).

Have you got a background in social science research or statistics? Please note, if not, that there are a lot of problems in making a case from a so-called "convenience" sample. Are you getting a Master's degree in a field that will give you a suitable research background?

"You would have to ensure that the percentage of people with your "gay" chart placements roughly matched the percentage of gay people in the population, based upon social science or poll data." I strongly disagree with that. My results do NOT have to match with whatever social science or poll data says. Let's say my research proves that the population of non-heterosexual people is GREATER than that "magic 10%", so be it. My gut feeling is that it's much higher than that figure anyway, given societal pressures and such.

Well, your results at least have to match up with common sense arithmetic, if not with conclusions reached by leading social scientists and widely respected polls, like the Gallup poll.

Step #1. Again, let's think this through. Based on numbers alone, we can assume that 1/12 of a population will have Uranus in the 8th house. 1/12 will have Neptune in the 8th house. Right away, that is 1/6 of the population, though it probably would be somewhat lower, as some people will have both planets in the 8th. And you can actually estimate this probability from an ephemeris, looking at years when these two planets were close enough, realistically to appear in the same house.

Then do the same thing for the 12th house, except that if we add up these probabilities, we could get something like 1/12 (roughly 8.33%) x 4 = 33.32, or roughly one third of the population. Again, back out duplicate possibilities for both Uranus and Neptune in the same house, or one each in the 8th and 12th (as estimated from an ephemeris.)

But what do you end up with? About 25%? If we add in the 5th house, are we back to one third of the population? Or more?

Secondly, you forget how the 5th/8th/12th houses need to be intertwined specifically via the planetary rulers of the cusps. THIS is the fact that will NOT make a "huge swath of the population" be subject to this. You, like the other dissidents in the other thread, are still going solely by that Uranus or Neptune in the 8th/12th thing. Are you just as stubborn as them? It certainly seems like you're grouped onto their side, and you decided to pop up on this thread too.

Let me know if this is a personal attack. If so, I will report it to the moderators. Please note that threads are open to anyone who chooses to participate.

But to continue, now, based on your step # 2..... "Intertwined" in what way? By aspect? Mutual reception? Depositors? Do you use modern rulers, traditional rulers, or both? If by aspect (as you state above) you need to narrow down not only which aspects you allow, but also what orbs. While aspects between house lords would seem to narrow down your potential study group considerably, if you allow both major and minor aspects with wide orbs, you are back to covering a big chunk of real estate on the chart.

Let's work this out airthmetically. For a conjunction between house rulers, do we allow 10 degrees on either side of exact? That's 20 degrees total. 5 degrees or orb? That's 10 degrees. Do you allow wider orbs for luminaries? (10 degrees on either side of exact for the sun and moon?) 3 degrees on either side for a semi-sextile? You can see how the chart would fill up pretty quickly at this rate. In fact, at this rate, it might be unusual for someone not to have the house rulers in orb.

And it might work out the other way. Your step #2 might be sufficiently strict that you will exclude people, ending up with an extremely low estimate, and so on.

I have tried looking for astrological signatures for other purposes in the past, so I am aware of potential pitfalls. Then you have to have another big representative sample of heterosexual people, and to show that there is a significant difference between the two populations. You might not find it. Statisticians have tried for other variables. I am not clear why your research should give more consistently significant results.

Anyway...

Also keep in mind that I'm basing this research on HETEROSEXUAL vs. NON-HETEROSEXUAL. That's the spectrum I'm working with, and it will still prove that sexual orientation can be seen in the birth chart. I'm not speaking about sexuality here because sexuality and sexual orientation are two different things. Homo/bi/transgendered is all being lumped under non-heterosexual. This is the best delineation regarding sexual orientation that gives me the least bit of any possible controversy, and it works out.

I never thought you were discussing anything other than sexual orientation. Speaking of which, labelling bisexual, &c. people as "non-heterosexual" introduces a major bias into your research. As many have pointed out, sexual orientation is by no means clear cut.

It's really time to start doing my research, getting my results, and then PUBLISH PUBLISH PUBLISH. Regardless of what you or anyone else says, I'm putting forth this book before I die in 65 years. It will be definitive, and it will be revelatory. Be ready.

You are getting a lot of valuable editorial feedback now, so I hope you can make use of it. Are you planning to self-publish, or to go with a major book publisher? They will send your manuscript out for review prior to accepting it, so it is a good idea to deal sensibly with criticisms prior to submission.

Last edited: