A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

JUPITERASC

XL_Screen-Shot-2018-10-11-at-12.11.51-PM.jpg

AppLeo

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

david starling

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Does that include the individual's right to do whatever to whomever simply because that individual believes himself or herself to be a superior being?

Hkk

Account Closed
Racism is gradually becoming less and less socially acceptable, but it's a long, slow process. Same with misogyny.

Age of Aquarius is getting close. Not sure what's meant by "decan" astrologers, but there's a strong attitude among many Modernistic siderealists that NO sidereal Aquarian Age qualities will come into effect until the 2370s! But, if that's the case, then why has the concept of an enlightened Aquarian Age been predicted by Jung since the 1930s, and a myriad of TROPICAL astrologers ever since?

I don’t feel it’s less socially acceptable. I feel ppl are getting better at hiding it. Due to equality and diversity laws - indirect racism

AppLeo

Hkk

Account Closed
I don't know what you're asking..

No, that's the whole point of individual rights

Yes, because all individuals are minorities.

Don’t skirt around my question. Are you an ethnic minority. Not everyone is a minority. Where did u read that?

AppLeo

Are gays considered a minority? :unsure:

Don’t skirt around my question. Are you an ethnic minority. Not everyone is a minority. Where did u read that?

I'm not an ethnic minority because I'm white. That could potentially change in the future though due to immigration and other variables and I'm certainly a minority if I lived in another country where the dominant group isn't white.

Also, minorities include more than ethnicity. You have gender, sexuality, wealth, and education to name a common few. But there are many other minority groups that people don't even talk or know about.

Being yourself. Being the way you are, how you think, how you act, your own unique experiences and goals makes you the smallest minority there is because there is no one else like you.

That is why it is so important to emphasize the individual and individual rights. We need laws that are objective and represent everyone. What do all of us have in common? What do all of us value? Our lives. Our individuality.

Groups and group rights should be held in contempt because it's asking for special favors from the law and often at the expense of other groups.

Hkk

Account Closed
I'm not an ethnic minority because I'm white. That could potentially change in the future though due to immigration and other variables and I'm certainly a minority if I lived in another country where the dominant group isn't white.

Also, minorities include more than ethnicity. You have gender, sexuality, wealth, and education to name a common few. But there are many other minority groups that people don't even talk or know about.

Being yourself. Being the way you are, how you think, how you act, your own unique experiences and goals makes you the smallest minority there is because there is no one else like you.

That is why it is so important to emphasize the individual and individual rights. We need laws that are objective and represent everyone. What do all of us have in common? What do all of us value? Our lives. Our individuality.

Groups and group rights should be held in contempt because it's asking for special favors from the law and often at the expense of other groups.

Racism exists regardless of individual rights etc. It’s there and people who are the ethnic minority or different than the majority see it and feel it

CapAquaPis

What a hot topic thread in it's 800th reply...I was told the topic of race is one of 13 topics not recommended to bring up in conversation in the US (the worst ones are guns, s*x and esp. death)...let's see, what can't we talk about: money, abortion, religion, politics, economics, women's rights, LGBT issues, drugs, immigration and environmental disasters.

We as a society need to set up a time and place to discuss tough and hard things, we want to improve our nation and the world, and esp. our elected representatives to handle what we can't handle in our busy daily lives.

It's 2020, you can't be openly racist or on purpose, but it seems we have a lot of casual racism in our society we tend to, but we shouldn't ignore. If we see, hear or know something to hurt or harm people because of their race, color, ethnicity and nationality...say something, do something and make something to undo a hateful or biased action like racism in evident and subliminal forms.

Last edited:

david starling

SWORN AFFIDAVIT by Ivana Trump that Donald beat and raped her while they were married, still on file!!! No punishment for the abuser!

Weinstein (Jewish) got punished.
Cosby (African-American) got punished.
Trump and Clinton (Caucasian and Christian) got elected President!

Last edited: