What are Libra's negative traits?

katydid

Indecisiveness can be an issue with Librans. [not just Sun in libra, but an emphasis by Moon, personal planets and/or the Ascendant.]

My Virgo cousin has her Moon and Mercury in Libra. She is one of the most indecisive people I know. She is very intelligent but she over thinks things. She becomes overwhelmed by the possibilities.

And that sometimes leads to them appearing to be 'two faced.' Which is unfair because I do not think it is usually a manipulative or purposeful thing, that they may appear to be two faced.

I think they just try to be fair and impartial and polite, and in doing so, they tend to agree and comply with others, in the moment.

Libran energy can be very gracious and welcoming towards others.

But the shadow energy of that ^^^ is someone who is dismissive of others, judgmental of others and puts themselves in another league, above others. :cool:

Libran energy can feel as though they are entitled, and should be treated better than other randoms surrounding them. :pouty:

CapAquaPis

Indecisiveness can be an issue with Librans. [not just Sun in libra, but an emphasis by Moon, personal planets and/or the Ascendant.]

My Virgo cousin has her Moon and Mercury in Libra. She is one of the most indecisive people I know. She is very intelligent but she over thinks things. She becomes overwhelmed by the possibilities.

And that sometimes leads to them appearing to be 'two faced.' Which is unfair because I do not think it is usually a manipulative or purposeful thing, that they may appear to be two faced.

I think they just try to be fair and impartial and polite, and in doing so, they tend to agree and comply with others, in the moment.

But the shadow energy of that ^^^ is someone who is dismissive of others, judgmental of others and puts themselves in another league, above others. :cool:

Libran energy can feel as though they are entitled, and should be treated better than other randoms surrounding them. :pouty:

The air signs: Gemini (almost Dr Jekyll and Hyde) and Libra (friend turned backstabber), which are compatible with me as an Aquarius, I saw both the good, bad and ugly sides of these people...and to be an Aquarian is to have a duality of the same personality.

Timmytwothumbs

Libras are great I'm married to one and some of my best friends are libras but if I had to speak on behalf of the many Libras Ive met over the years some negative traits would be aloofness, clingyness, dependence on others, inability to act under stressful circumstances and definitely indecisiveness under such circumstances.
This doesn't speak for all libras but I notice that their greatest strengths can be their weakness. That's is their uncanny ability to attract others to them. You see libra is the 7th sign and the sign that corresponds to the "other" person in relationships. Libras focus a great deal on their "others" be it partners, loved ones or friends to the point of smothering the other person and in some cases becoming way to dependent on other people. They often find it hard to be a away from loved ones and breakups can be absolutely devastating. They often depend on their parents for help and support throughout adulthood. Never really cutting the cord so to speak. And this can be problematic for libras if they are unable to attain a healthy balance in their relationships. Yes they give a lot in relationships and can be some of the most generous people but they expect a lot from others as well making libras very high maintenance friends/partners. In addition libras are very morally focused people often becoming involved in social movements and politics. Libra is represented by the scale and attaining balance is a part of their life because of this libras can be a voice for those in need they have a great deal of empathy for those who "get the short end of the stick" so to speak. Because they represent the scale they try to balance things out. This can be perceived by others as judgemental, or rightous but in the end libras are just tipping the scales in favor of those who they feel have been wronged.

Last edited:

Zora

Account Closed
Libra is an air sign and as far as I know - the sign of diplomacy.

The most often I noticed from libra - is that they have a tendency to hold them back for harmony's sake and for the sake of peace.

Even planets placed in libra in a house - ruled then by a libra venus - do that - don't express theirselves in a straight, clear and direct way.

love-thinking

I'm a libra asc, my bestfriend's a libra asc, her sister is a moon in libra and the guy she's talking to is a libra moon as well.

So I do think they tend to play the devil's advocate quite a lot, and probably doesn't have a stern stance on issues.

Let's say you have an opinion about something, that is similar to theirs a they've indicated a few days ago, (if they are absolutely comfortable with you), they'll try and make you see a different perspective. This often makes you think that they are not on your side and they're being judgmental/antagnoist/unnecassary for no reason.

If they are not comfortable with a group of people, they either shut up and listen as to not upset you or push you away completely or only converse about the things about the topic you agree with.

So in general the effect is either they are judgmental and indecisive, or they are two-faced. Also, unlike other flaky signs, they have a tendency to talk too much creating an additional antagonizing effect.

I'll give you an example: you say : "I think parents should offer more guidance to their children and spend more time with them."

-very broad statement which can literally indicate anything.

-Libra person: "Uhh, not really, I mean most kids these days are staying at home until they are 28 .....[Some other reasons.....more reasons] completely not really caring about what exactly or in regards to what exactly you meant when you said the statement.

-Meanwhile in the other person's head "Didn't they just say like 2 months ago, 'parents these days are more uninvolved than previous generations."

"And she's going on and on, Imma head out."

If they are not comfortable with you on the other hand or to those around you.

Girl 1 rants about the libs

Libra: "Yeah I see how they can be so sensitive and use identity politics.

Girl 2 rants about conservatives:

Libra: "I hate what trump is doing to the country and how he's propagating violence. "

Now the Libra may be somewhere in the middle, and may even believe both these things. But will choose to expose the part of her that aligns the most with the person she's speaking to.

Now me as a libra asc, sun conjunct neptune, I like to understand everything, everyone, and absolutely all sides. I have a very multifaceted view of the world, and it doesn't always do well with people with more simplistic views of the world whose views I try to enlighten or enhance.

So yeah that's what you need to watch out for.

Myhoroscope

Being an air sign - this reflects a lot in Libra's personality. This makes them prone to easy mood switch modes & these quick mood swings sometimes makes it difficult for the people around to understand whats going on.

Zeuses

I have known a couple of libras who are as mentioned above indecisive and some of the nice things mentioned above (one has Libra moon, Libra sun and sag asc) I also know three libras that are selfish, manipulative and downright nasty. One of them was Libra sun, Scorpio asc and Taurus moon. I think it is important to take into account the rest of the chart of any sign really.

Last edited:

ricca91

Negative traits: judgemental, see flaws in others but not themselves (projective), as already said, indecisive since they have to weigh every possible option, dogmatic, hypocritical, superficial, fake, gossipers.

Especially with Libra Moons, worse if badly aspected, they tend to avoid conflicts and discussions at every cost, hiding problems under the rug in order to maintain a fake harmony. If you try to insist on solving the issue, they retreat and become aloof and simply refuse to talk. Sometimes they ignore problems, are aware of them, suffer, but prefer not to discuss about them and solve the conflict.

However, almost all my girlfriends have been Libra or air Moons (I have Moon in Gemini)

leomoon

They stay in the bathroom seemingly for hours at a time. Luxuriate in the tub or just read books/whatever. My sister Sun in Libra, mother in law Sun in Libra, husband Sun & Venus in Libra

All do this. And turn down the tv if they think its too loud without asking your opinion. :biggrin:
p.s. When my sister was young, she'd stay so long in the bathroom (and we only had 1) - that she'd fall asleep on the toilet. True story.
While late mother in law and husband use to announce (he still does) "going to take my bath now"....and I don't know why.
For me, I see bathrooms and even baths as practical things....apparently not in the same light as they all do. Same with toilet visits :)

Last edited:

waybread

My sun-Libra husband doesn't hang around the bathroom.

Indecive, on occasion. But this is because Libra is the sign of balance. They see two sides to every issue.

For example? Should he carry an umbrella? It's not raining now but rain is in the forecast. It's not raining, but it might rain. It might not. Then again.....

They can also like things to be equal, 50/50, to a fault. This can make it exasperating when dividing up food portions for a meal when the portions don't naturally divide evenly.

On the other hand, they know how to be diplomatic and fair minded. They see both sides to an issue.

Zeuses

I agree with the last paragraph definitely. I also think they can be incredibly manipulative and in an attempt to remain their idea of balance (eg nothing falls on them) they will say anything to anyone if it is in their own interest to do so.

AstrologyMangalBhawan

Libra, which is especially associated with the planet Venus, is a beautiful and balanced zodiac sign that endows a person with social and spiritual qualities. There is a feeling of truth and dedication in it. However, there are some times when people with this zodiac sign face negative symptoms. In this article, we will know what can be the negative traits of Libra.

Negative traits of Libra:

Doubts and indifference:
Doubts and indifference can often be seen in people of the Libra zodiac. They may take time in their decisions and due to this they may always have to take some interference in achieving their goals.

Lack of existence: People of Libra zodiac often ignore themselves and can create problems regarding their existence. Due to this, they may lack dedication and may lag behind in achieving their goals.

Lack of understanding: Sometimes Libra people may hesitate in expressing their views on big political or social issues. This can affect their intelligence and prevent them from achieving the highest levels of leadership.

Lack of balance: People of Libra zodiac sign may have difficulty maintaining balance in their life. They can often lose their self-alignment by taking into account the habits and desires of others.

Difficulty in Relationships: People of Libra zodiac may often face difficulties in their relationships. They may face challenges in maintaining relationships, due to which they may have to face loneliness.

Preventive measures:

Take care of health:
People of Libra zodiac sign should take special care of their health. They can improve their mental health through yoga and meditation.

Accept Yourself: Libra people should accept their existence and also dedicate themselves towards their goals.

Maintain balance: They may actively work to maintain balance in their lives. Yoga, meditation, and social relationships can help in maintaining strength.

Maintain thoughtfulness: Libra people should be inspired to express their views clearly on social or political issues.

Thus, to combat the negative traits of Libra, one must actively use their means of self-improvement. These measures can take them in a pleasant and right direction.

Last edited:

Humanitarian

Some negative traits of Libra:
Overly flirtatious
Urinary system problems
Indecisive
Passive-aggressive
People-pleasing
Superficial
Bland
Over-glamorous
Deceptive