Dangerous, escalating situation. Will I move within the month?

green tulip

Hi.

I've been living in a shared apartment for the last few months with a roommate who is undoubtedly a narcissistic sociopath. There was concern before, but now, given very recent developments, it's starting to feel really ominous.

I've been looking for a new place to live for the last month, and as of yet, I have not found one. I'd like to know if the attached horary chart indicates success for me in securing a new place within the month. Also, will I incur any serious financial losses because of this move?

View attachment horary chart..pdf

Hi.

I've been living in a shared apartment for the last few months with a roommate who is undoubtedly a narcissistic sociopath. There was concern before, but now, given very recent developments, it's starting to feel really ominous.

I've been looking for a new place to live for the last month, and as of yet, I have not found one. I'd like to know if the attached horary chart indicates success for me in securing a new place within the month. Also, will I incur any serious financial losses because of this move?

View attachment 52069

I am a modern horary astrologer, using the modern rules.

We normally use Placidus cusps, and not Regiomontanus houses.

Mercury in Aquarius symbolizes, you, the querent.

The 4th house (Jupiter) rules your current abode.

The 7th house, or 4th from the 4th, rules the potential new residence, also ruled by Jupiter.

Since Mercury makes no ptolemeaic aspect to Jupiter, it appears that moving out is not an option for you, at least within the next month.

Mercury is actually stationery direct in motion, so you are hard pressed to go anywhere.

It makes only a sextile to Saturn , not a particularly "lucky" aspect.

One solution to your situation would be to advertise for a new rental or roommate, as radix Moon is found in the 3rd house of advertising.

The Moon's final applying aspect is a trine to Mars.

One of the aphrorisms of horary astrology is that Moon trine Mars symbolizes a pushy, aggressive woman with a hard serve agenda.

Undoubtedly, this is obviously not the type of room mate that you want,but unfortunately, for now, you have few options.

I would re-ask the question after 30 days.

good luck to you,

Horarymaster

green tulip

At this point, I am close to ready to take legal action against my roommate because as of last night and now into the morning her behavior continues to escalate in a very bad way. Given that I'm in a roommate situation and cant' cover her share of rent, should she be removed from the apartment, which I expect to be the case soon, I would be required to move in the next month. I attached a new horary chart with the changes suggested. What else can be seen from it? Am I in any serious, personal danger in the current situation?

View attachment horary chart roommate situation.pdf

Last edited:
At this point, I am close to ready to take legal action against my roommate because as of last night and now into the morning her behavior continues to escalate in a very bad way. Given that I'm in a roommate situation and cant' cover her share of rent, should she be removed from the apartment, which I expect to be the case soon, I would be required to move in the next month. I attached a new horary chart with the changes suggested. What else can be seen from it? Am I in any serious, personal danger in the current situation?

View attachment 52074

What do you mean by escalate in a bad way ? If the roommate is threatening you harm or verbally abusive, it's a police matter.

On the other hand, mere arguments without threats is not going to make the cops happy or anyone else.

In many United States and Canadian provinces, assuming you live there, tenant disputes fall under the residential tenancy branch, typically a wing of the attorney general's office.

You may have to file a dispute for arbitration to get your roommate out of there.

You can also leave the rental at any time, but you would likely lose your damage deposit.

Did you talk to your landlord yet about the matter. If you can get your landlords backing, perhaps the roommate can be forced out of there ?

Who signed the leased with the landlord and what does the lease say about tenants who can't pay the rent ?

-HM

green tulip

I went down to the police precinct to speak to the cops about the situation and they advised me like you stated in your post: that unless she physically attacks me or threatens me verbally, it's simply a matter for landlord-tenant court.

She tries to gaslight me, follows me around the apartment, etc. It feels like constant, never ending harassment. She really is psychotic, but hasn't broken any laws at this point (and hopefully never does while I'm still there).

I'm just going to continue to stay away from her and do my best to ignore her craziness until I'm out of the apartment.

I went down to the police precinct to speak to the cops about the situation and they advised me like you stated in your post: that unless she physically attacks me or threatens me verbally, it's simply a matter for landlord-tenant court.

She tries to gaslight me, follows me around the apartment, etc. It feels like constant, never ending harassment. She really is psychotic, but hasn't broken any laws at this point (and hopefully never does while I'm still there).

I'm just going to continue to stay away from her and do my best to ignore her craziness until I'm out of the apartment.

I am not your lawyer and therefore, please do not construe this as legal advice.

I think that you have a handle on the situation.

I sympathize with your situation, greatly.

I have been on both sides of the fence. I have been a former landlord and also, a tenant.

I find that the best rental situations are when you, the tenant, can control the whole house and little contact is made with the landlord.

Write the landlord post dated checks and then, he doesn't have to come around ? As long as the checks don't bounce, all is good.

Have you considered house sitting for a vacationing couple while they are absent. You may have to do some minor upkeep, but so what, the whole house is yours !

Do you have your room mates date of birth ? Perhaps we can do a composite chart and find out what is going on, between you two !

I would have very little contact with your roomate, from here on in. Put everything in writing, or by email and follow the legally prescribed path !

Beware that emails are not always a legal instrument and it is best to hand deliver letters with your signature on it.

Also, if you have to speak to the room-mate, have a friend or witness present who could attest that the conversation took place.

Or, call the room-mate on her cell phone and tape record the conversation, which you can legally do, as long as you are a party to the conversation.

Unfortunately, there are some very negative people in this world and some need to be entrapped, put under surveillance and in some cases, sent to jail to ensure the community's safety ?

Good luck to you, my friend !

HM

green tulip

Right now, I'm living off my last months rent and as of March 1st till the 15th I'll be living off my security deposit. After that, I'm gone.

She's been crazy all along, but as of last week, she's no longer trying to hide it -- it's out in the open.

She's trying to intimidate me right now because she wants me out so that she makes money on the apartment. It's all orchestrated -- either you accept her crazy and capitulate to it or she'll try to ruin you.

I tried a couple of hidden cameras in my bedroom, but both broke within a few days. A month ago, I had my doorknob lock removed and replaced it with an identical doorknob lock (so that she has no access to my bedroom). I've also moved practically all my belongings from the apartment into a storage unit.

It feels like real evil is in my midst when I'm in the apartment, especially when she is around (like in the early morning or evening).

My biggest concern is that she'll call 911 from the apartment, make false accusations against me, and they will respond to the call and come to the apartment.

It's an unbearable situation, but hopefully I'll get through it in one piece.

I know her date and place of birth, but I don't know her time of birth. I posted a synastry chart elsewhere on this forum and the member that responded to it confirmed what I know to be true about her. At that point in time, I also believed that I had more power than she does in this situation, but I'm frightened by where she might try to take the situation now.

green tulip

@horarymaster I just posted an ad elsewhere in search of an exchange situation -- a free bedroom for household help and/or childcare (a slight twist on your suggestion). It's a good idea. I just got one response.

I attached the composite chart of my roommate and I. I'm the Jk and she's the Aa person. If you can provide me with any more insights as to what it describes, I would really appreciate it.

View attachment composite chart..pdf

green tulip

The chart I posted in another section of this forum may have been a natal of my roommate. I'm not certain that the composite was ever looked at here.

@horarymaster I just posted an ad elsewhere in search of an exchange situation -- a free bedroom for household help and/or childcare (a slight twist on your suggestion). It's a good idea. I just got one response.

I attached the composite chart of my roommate and I. I'm the Jk and she's the Aa person. If you can provide me with any more insights as to what it describes, I would really appreciate it.

View attachment 52151

Hello:

Thanks for posting the composite chart.

Regarding surveillance, let me say that surveillance is never a game, but only when your life is in danger or your reputation is seriously on the line. The penalities for careless surveillance is huge, so better make sure you know what you're doing !

Without the other person's proper birthtime, the composite chart is seriously limited, but you can ignore the ascendant and just read the aspects between planets of the chart.

I still find the composite chart to be quite effective, in spite of an inaccurate ascendant.

What we see, though, is troubling, indeed.

The composite Moon in Taurus makes a yod aspect (150 degrees) with both composite Mars in Libra and composite Uranus in Sagittarius.

The Moon in a composite chart talks about the ability to develop a home life and also, what your idea of a homelife is ?

When the composite Moon is in a yod, those concepts are typically difficult to build, as things of an external nature keep getting in the way ?

The YOD is a difficult aspect to have in any composite chart, as it implies a fatalistic relationship with fated events, and perhaps, a shelf life, along with destructive themes.

Composite Moon inconjunct Mars is mostly about a competitive relationship; about conflicting egos at work, and a contest of wills, as you have since described.

Composite Mars square Jupiter has a similar effect.

There is definitely an irritation factor, here. Something about you two that creates friction leading to explosive, emotional situations.

I think that your room mate is most likely a mentally "sane" person, but her mental health got worse during your relationship with her ?

Sometimes, Moon inconjunct Mars can lead to extreme types of behaviour that is outright dangerous and/or irrational.

But, the inconjunction also has an element of suddenness to it, it can easily right itself, as soon as it came in ?

Meanwhile, Moon inconjunct Uranus is about volatile, choatic events that enter the relationship, often without warning. Both of you need a lot of room in order for this to work out?

One of the partners is sometimes very wild, or odd, personality wise, which can be a sticking point or a point of contention.

Perhaps with composite Sun and Venus conjunct, you likely once got along very well and were best buddies, but things over time, soured and now, you hate each other.

Would that be correct ?

The composite Moon is also opposite Saturn and Pluto, an aspect of acute incompatibility between two females. It signifies jealousies, power struggles and mistrust between two partners, based on a fear of the unknown.

Frequently, one of the partners is too negative and this has a very destructive influence on day to day living and affairs of the living arrangement.

Composite Mercury trine Pluto, oddly enough, can also have this affect. Never trust the trine, it can be just as bad as the square or opposition !

C. Mercury opposite Jupiter, has a warning - NOT to bullsh*t or conflate the truth, or to make promises that you cannot keep, leading to hard feelings. later.

Finally, Sun conjoins Neptune in this composite, suggests an aspect of deception and disillushionment between two partners.

You probably blindly entered into this partnership, without thinking of the consequences.

Sun conjunct Neptune is also about a very sensitive emotional quality to the relationship in which you must be careful not to get too emotionally attachment and allow yourselves a lot of freedom.

In other words, mind your own business and don't get too involved emotionally. I think that you need to learn that lesson, as well ?

Each partner is very easily bruised, ego wise, and therefore, you must be careful what you say to each to each other.

Sometimes, drugs, alcohol and substance abuse enters the equation, and it can bring havoc and destruction.

It's very difficult to see this relationship clearly with Sun conjunct Neptune. There is an element of dillushonality aboiut the whole relationship.

I do wish you, well, in your future endeavors. Please let us know how things turn out ?

all the best,

-HM

Last edited:

green tulip

Your interpretation of the composite chart makes sense.

However, I don't know my roommate as mentally sane. (In fact, I stand corrected with my original diagnosis. I think she could be a paranoid schizophrenic.) There were big red flags before I moved in that I ignored as benign when in fact I should have taken them more seriously and not moved in the shared apartment with her at all. Also, within the first month and a half, these warning signs became more and more concerning and by January 1st, I decided not to speak, interact, or be around my roommate anymore. After that, the situation escalated even more, and when I decided to live off my last month's rent, again, her behavior became even more alarming.

Yes, I was very friendly with my roommate in the beginning, and even helped her with many things; but there came a point, when I no longer could ignore her behavior and decided to terminate communication and interaction with her (with the exception of paying my rent). You're right: I should not have been so friendly with her right off the bat (especially given the red flags) and it is most definitely something I will keep at the forefront of my mind, so that this situation doesn't repeat itself elsewhere.

I stayed at a friend's house for a couple of days, but when I returned to the apartment yesterday morning, her creepy crazy behavior continued (one thing that stands out to me now, given what I will describe later, is that one drawer in the kitchen where she kept her utensils was deliberately left pulled out completely, and when I glanced inside it, I immediately noticed that all the knives had been removed by her - they were no longer there or anywhere else in the kitchen). I left the apartment mid-morning and stayed out of it until really late in the evening. Upon my arrival home late last night, I noticed blood spots in front of my bedroom door and when I then went into the bathroom, it was splattered and smeared in blood - on all the walls, in the bathtub, on the floor, in the sink, on the toilet, etc. It was clearly a cryptic threat made by roommate that her intention was to harm me, so I immediately left the apartment and called the cops. The cops showed up only an hour later and were very unhelpful to me. They also refused to arrest her. I am no longer staying in the apartment.

Last edited:
It sounds pretty weird, from what you have described.

I think that you made a wise decision to leave the apartment on your own volition.

Perhaps the best that we can hope for in all domestic disputes is that nobody got killed or seriously hurt ?

Police cannot charge someone with applying blood on a wall, what would be the charge ? Police tend not to get involved in domestic disputes, actually.

Who is the landlord, does the room mate own the apartment or someone else ?

I did ask you that earlier, but no response from you.

If you took photos of the blood and other stuff going on, you could probably make a pretty good case to take your grievance to arbitration and file a claim of loss of enjoyment of the rental.

You can also use the police file number to refer to whatever abuses may have gone on, or use the cops as witnesses.

However, there are always two sides to every story and your room mate may have her own grievances about you, as well ?

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope that things improve for you !

-HM

green tulip

The situation was way more than just weird; it was absolutely terrifying. It was like being in a house of horrors. In fact, the situation jives exactly with the troublesome, fatal aspects in the composite chart that you described earlier. I could have been murdered by this girl. It is precisely what she was threatening by smearing and splattering the entire bathroom with blood. Who does that?! Yes, it definitely makes sense not to be there. I may consider suing her in housing court.

The situation was way more than just weird; it was absolutely terrifying. It was like being in a house of horrors. In fact, the situation jives exactly with the troublesome, fatal aspects in the composite chart that you described earlier. I could have been murdered by this girl. It is precisely what she was threatening by smearing and splattering the entire bathroom with blood. Who does that?! Yes, it definitely makes sense not to be there. I may consider suing her in housing court.

Your life is plagued with many problems, right now. I would prioritize your life with finding a new home, first, followed by finding work, and then, after that, trying to find some peace of mind.

Lawsuits and legal action is not a priority for you. And looking at your natal chart, I see the same themes re-occuring in multiple charts, Moon square Jupiter, Moon opposite Pluto, Moon inconjunct Uranus, just to name a few.

These are not coincidences, by the way. There is a pattern of destructive behaviour emerging, here !

Sometimes, people need a personal sh*tkicking before you can experience the fruits of plenty ! (since you asked why ?)

-HM

Last edited:

green tulip

That has been the story of my life: trying to find a place, then work, etc., but I keep bumping into very seriously problematic, even traumatic situations. Why would it be happening?

That has been the story of my life: trying to find a place, then work, etc., but I keep bumping into very seriously problematic, even traumatic situations. Why would it be happening?

Since this is a horary astrology section, the natal chart area of AW could perhaps better help you?

I only have time to take a cursory look at your chart.

You are a very intelligent and dynamic person, according to your natal chart, but with transiting Saturn recently conjoining your natal Sun and transiting Uranus conjoining the natal Moon, it is likely been a very bumpy ride for you?

Saturn will re-enter Scorpion at some point in 2015 and will conjoin your natal Sun later this year by transit. However, you do have transiting Jupiter in Leo to look forward to, as it makes a trine to your chart ruler Mercury and also, Neptune.

That should bring about some new employment and financial opportunities.

Your natal chart is dominated by a grand trine, featuring Moon, Mars, Mercury and Neptune.

The Moon rules your 10th house of career.

You are most happy being self-sufficient and independant, but the Moon in the 7th house is also seeking close emotional relationships with others.

You need to find a balance between the two ?

People who have grand trines in their natal charts are frequently unadaptive to change and can be very stubborn and sometimes, arrogant?

They are very fortunate, however, and tend to be rescued by higher forces, frequently.

The natal Moon in the 7th house, in Aries, opposite natal Pluto in Libra, points out to avoiding power struggles with women and trying to get along with all types of relationships.

Adopting a generous spirit at this time will pay dividends.

Have you thought of doing some volunteer work, while you look for more permanent "paid" employment.

You are not a woman who should be sitting on the sidelines. You should be active in your community, possibly in some leadership role.

later,

HM

Last edited: