Chiron in the 8th with hard aspects

leolady77

Hello, everyone :)
I'm hoping that someone can give me insight into what appears to be a difficult placement for Chiron. What does it suggest when Chiron is in Taurus in the 8th house? It also has the following aspects:
Chiron Square Sun 3.14
Chiron Opposition Uranus 2.04
Chiron Quincunx Ascendant 4.45
Chiron Sextile Midheaven 4.26

Any help in making sense of this is greatly appreciated :) Thank you for your consideration :)

grkemmer

You can actually read about the placement and aspect anywhere on internet but I'll write brief description without former experience.

I think the thing with having chiron in Taurus is about feeling secure in your 3d world. You may not feel secure, with your place in the world, feel that you have no safe haven to be in. Also it is about a possessions, you may not know how to possess things, be to possesive or not at all, the idea is that you have to learn how to deal with possesions and figure your own way of ture balance in possesing things and valuing what you possess. Another ting maybe about materializations and materialism, you may value things merely materialistically or you may have a hard materializing your own world around you. These are the issues you need to deal with and learn about, and then you'll become good at this and have the ability to have a system about this issue.

Sun square chiron: THese issues above are one the main thing you'll have to deal with to be in your full life. You'll see that you are encountering these issues on a daily basis, and feel that you need to deal with them for your personal fullfilment. You have the power to overcome this by your own reasources and will have to work your way out, then this will eb a storng point in your life.

Chiron opposite Uranus: Your way of expressing yourself individually and eccentrically is hampered by the ssues above. You may find that you become so fiery and explosive when dealing with these issues, or you are making them grow over your head. You need to be preacautious to a tendency to make too big a deal or taking them off of your sight totally, or thinking you are already doing too well before you do. You need adopt balance whn dealing with this, but it is also that you'll need to work these issues out to express yourself individualistically in your full expression. You may have help from others in dealing with these reconciliation, or you may take others as examplars or mentors.

Chiron sextile midheaven: Dealing with the issues above is one of the main things you'll deal with in your life, you'll see that it continually comes in your presence, whenever your want to be present in a career sense, and also and more importantly as the role you're taking in your social public life. Working this out will be a strong point of you that you'll be able to take pride in.

Chiron quincunx ascendant: You may find that, dealing with the issues above does not come handy to you, that you cannot really hold them on you, it does not come natural. You may feel that you are not to deal with these energies. But looking at the other aspects, know that you'll have to. As you have not written what signs are these placements in I'm writing a very general outline. The thing with the quincux is that you'll first need to recongize and differnatiate the effect of he planets involved and the integrate them as harmoniously as possible.

Also looking at the sun and midhaven and also ascendant aspects, though there is disharmony in ascendant, you may find yourself in a position to use these healing ability (the ability to first learn and teach how to deal with possessions, learn how to possess materialize and form a secure haven) professionally.

grkemmer

also, chiron in the eight house: these issues may be about how you express yourself sexually, you transformative approach to your values and your way of changing your values.

junoisuppose

I have the first 2 of those aspects.
I'm 29 degrees Cancer, I guess we are a simillar age.

It's true there are a lot of explanations of this if you do a google search.

I have been hampered by obtaining too many possessions and then feeling stuck because I have to care for them.

But because it is in the 8th house I have felt more 'wounded' by 8th house issues than taurus issues.

It is said on the internet that there will be a lot of deaths in this person's life, which will wound. I don't know if I've had more deaths in my life than anyone else (& I am fortunate enough not to have lived in a war zone), but there have been quite a few.

It also says that this person will be wounded with regards to sex, wounded with regards to other people's money and wounded by other people's values.

leolady77

Thank you so much for your insight, grkemmer, I really do appreciate it. I did find some info online, but had difficulty in connecting the dots, and I'm still not totally clear. It's true, I don't feel as though I have a safe haven anywhere, other than that which I make myself, and I'm also kind of a hoarder, though not reality-show level ;) I am also somewhat fiery and explosive at times. My sun is Leo, Scorpio moon, and Libra rising, if that helps with the quincunx aspect, which I don't really understand. Could having Chiron in the earth sign Taurus possibly suggest difficulty being "grounded"? I'm logical and rational (Leo Mercury, Gemini Venus and Mars), but not what you would call practical or down to earth. Thank you again for your answer, it's starting to make more sense to me :)

leolady77

But because it is in the 8th house I have felt more 'wounded' by 8th house issues than taurus issues.

It is said on the internet that there will be a lot of deaths in this person's life, which will wound. I don't know if I've had more deaths in my life than anyone else (& I am fortunate enough not to have lived in a war zone), but there have been quite a few.

It also says that this person will be wounded with regards to sex, wounded with regards to other people's money and wounded by other people's values.

Thank you, junoisuppose :) I especially relate to that last line :/ Do you know offhand what site you read that on, or possibly a link to it? I haven't come across that in my googling....I'm a Leo, born 1977...when were you born?

grkemmer

It may be that you are even having a hard time in understanding Taurus issues, for you have a wound in it in eighth house. 8 house is the house of values especially relating to your relations with the outer world, things you learn and how you react to what to you have learned especially relating to integrataion or your learnings to your attitude, how you change your attitude. Sex being a transformative experience is the relation 8 the house have with sex. You may have an inner conviction that you are not deserving of Taurus related issues as others, but the main thing is that you are more deserving, and you'll see the lack when you give due attention to complete it. I say be careful about your possive attuted and how you value materials in your relationship with others, also how do you value yourself in relation to other people. Be a little bit indulgent in caring for your own problems.

I also have Chiron in Cancer in 8th house, and I think the solution is not being more caring about the other end of relationship than you are with yourself. Being too hard on yourself may be an outcome of the 8th house position. I say give yourself all the time, attention and abundance in dealing with your own issues, and make sure that you care about yourself more than you care about others. This is not to be indifferent (maybe sometimes) and have one way relationhips, but know that you have a somewhat skewed understanding of these issues (but deeper than most) and you need to work your problems out to be able to feel whole and be of greater use both to yourself and to others.

Sun square I think works well in pushing you supportedly but be careful with the opposition, it is too much energy that can go either way, and you need to apply balance and be careful that you are not going to either of two extremes in your relationships, related to this issue.

Biquintile is an aspect which shows that these two planets are in relation in your chart, they are related, but the two energies do not understand each other, they do not know how to work together. This means you should analyse the two energiees, recognize their effects and and find your own way of working the two in your life. First separate their effects on you. As I said you may feel thay issues with Chiron in Taurus, you may feel that you do not need to deal with them for they are not related to to you immeadiately, or you may feel that you are unable to carry the traits immediately on you,but know that they are related and you need to work a way out to host these effects.

Last edited:

grkemmer

Also as you have noted grounding can be an issue. I strongly recommend getting acquainted with the energies of black tourmaline, green tourmaline, smokey quartz, also tiger's eye, and black obsidian. Also ruby, if you can find a good one, it woul help with taurus relateed issues.

grkemmer

Well with Gemini Mars it must be hard for you to be down to earth, but your Libra rising I think works well in weighing down what's going on for you and how you'll react to it, I think you'll work a way of your own out in deciding which way to go with hard aspects.

junoisuppose

grkemmer, your reply was very interesting, and informative. I can definitely relate to what you said about not feeling as deserving of taurus things as others. But on the other hand I tend to buy more than I need. I have the south node there too so material items come to me from other people without effort on my part. (& I'm not proud of either of those facts).

grkemmer

It is great that you noted your south node in Taurus, for one thing about south node is it shows its true colors and right usage when you go in the direction of the north node. So, as you have chiron aspects there is an indication of karmic connections when nodal axis of moon is added. What you have to do when dealing with material may be introducing more scorpionic values, in that you need to ascribe spiritual meaning to it, and be related with it through their spiritual value to you. If you have any scorpio placements or aspects, and even if you don't, try to be more attentive to your north node, you'll see that you are better in handling things materially for you actually think about them spiritually. You can also get rid of what's unnecesseary, be more transformative about materializing and in time learn what to value and do away with what you can't or don't care. Still, beware of any extremist attitudes.

Last edited:

leolady77

Also as you have noted grounding can be an issue. I strongly recommend getting acquainted with the energies of black tourmaline, green tourmaline, smokey quartz, also tiger's eye, and black obsidian. Also ruby, if you can find a good one, it woul help with taurus relateed issues.

Once again, grkemmer, you are spot on. I have loaded myself up with smoky and rose quartz, black tourmaline, green onyx, and moonstone to help balance emotions. I've noticed the greatest effect from the green onyx, I think. I will look for a ruby, as well. Thank you so much for your help and insight on this :) I have learned a lot from you :)