Scarlett O'Hara-Scorpio or Aries? + Her Rising Sign

I've finished Gone With the Wind last week and been wanting to make this thread for days but haven't had the time.
In Sun Signs, Goodman Scarlet O'Hara is the epitome of the Aries Woman.

Linda Goodman's Sun Signs P.22-23: said:
Scarlett O'Hara is the very epitome of the Mars-ruled Aries female.

Like Scarlett, the Aries girl will gather every available male for a hundred miles around to her feet, while her willful heart yearns for the one man she can't have for one reason or another. Like Scarlett, the Mars woman can quickly adapt for survival if necessary, without whimpering. Both the O'Hara and the Aries characters are tough enough to defy convention, face an advancing army, or even shoot a man through the head with icy calmness, if he threatens her loved ones.

Never was Scarlett more Mars-like than when she was starving, alone and friendless, and without waiting for a man to come to the rescue, she clenched her fist toward heaven and shouted, "I'll survive this . . . and when I do, I'll never be hungry again ... If I have to lie, cheat, steal i or kill-as God is my witness, I'll never be hungry again!" Much later, her emotions shattered, her beloved child dead and the one man she
loved about to walk out of her life, this typical Aries woman was still able to say, "I'll think of some way to get him back. There's never been a man I couldn't get, once I set my mind on him. . . . After all, tomorrow is another day."

Yes, Scarlett O'Hara creates a vivid image of the first Sun sign of the zodiac, with all the Mars strength and ability to bounce back after tragedy; able to play the female role to the hilt, with fluttering lashes and a well-timed tear, but just as able to take over a man's job when the men aren't around. A careful study of Scarlett's character can give you an excellent understanding of what you're in for with an Aries woman-and naturally, also the rewards you can look forward to after you've been brave enough to claim her. Her aggressive drive may be hard to take, but her shining optimism and faith in tomorrow can be mighty uplifting.

As much as I owe it to Goodman for getting me back into Gone With the Wind after reading her book (I was a Windie 8 years ago though I never managed to finish the book until now and have forgotten about it until reading Sun Signs), I honestly beg to disagree.

I honestly think that Scarlet is a Scorpio with a Moon in Aries in the book.
Undoubtedly an Aries Sun in the movie, but in the book she controls herself waaaaaayyyy tooo much (esp. when trying to get what she wants) to be an Aries.
She’s alsssooooo toooo ridiculous self-centered to be the stereotypical Aries Sun.
I’m also easily adding Pisces Rising. Seriously she’s in succch a fantasy wooorrrllld to the point of sheer absurdity and only someone with a powerful Pisces placement could be in that. She’s described in the book as fair skinned and having small feet and her eyes are described enough times as beautiful or similar adjectives for me to have no doubt to say Scarlet matches the Pisces Rising physical description spot on.
In addition her ability to charm men so easily is sssooooo Pisces Rising and her personality intrigues men, another Pisces Rising trait.

In the movie adaptation, I have no doubt Goodman would be correct in stating she's an Aries. She's much more impulsive in the movie than in the book and she's even muuuuccch more mischievous in the movie adaptation and more open about her thoughts than she is in the book.I’m leaning toward Scorpio Moon as her self-centeredness is only truly seen by the other characters given major roles such as India Wilkes and Rhett Butler in the movie;where as in the book she gets ostracized and hated in all of Atlanta for her wicked nature. In the movie I'm sticking iwth Leo Rising because of how such fantastic fashion she's frequently wearing in the movie (**** you Walter Plunkett for creating such GORGEOUUUUSSS costumes for Vivien Leigh to wear in:love:!!!)! She's such a showy girl in the movie!

What do you think?

It doesn't help the author of Gone With the Wind, Margaret Mitchell, was a Scorpio and her life was pretty much the dramatic one that the stereotypical Scorpio/Scorpio Dominant girl lives through.

I wasn't sure what section to put this in so I put it in the Natal Charts section but feel free to move it to appropriate secton!

Last edited:

Pazgivenchy

I believe that's a very good observation. I am a Pisces with an Aries moon and a rising Scorpio, and ever since I was a child I resonated with Scarlet O'Hara.

teafortwo

I've finished Gone With the Wind last week and been wanting to make this thread for days but haven't had the time.
In Sun Signs, Goodman Scarlet O'Hara is the epitome of the Aries Woman.

As much as I owe it to Goodman for getting me back into Gone With the Wind after reading her book (I was a Windie 8 years ago though I never managed to finish the book until now and have forgotten about it until reading Sun Signs), I honestly beg to disagree.

I honestly think that Scarlet is a Scorpio with a Moon in Aries in the book.
Undoubtedly an Aries Sun in the movie, but in the book she controls herself waaaaaayyyy tooo much (esp. when trying to get what she wants) to be an Aries.
She’s alsssooooo toooo ridiculous self-centered to be the stereotypical Aries Sun.
I’m also easily adding Pisces Rising. Seriously she’s in succch a fantasy wooorrrllld to the point of sheer absurdity and only someone with a powerful Pisces placement could be in that. She’s described in the book as fair skinned and having small feet and her eyes are described enough times as beautiful or similar adjectives for me to have no doubt to say Scarlet matches the Pisces Rising physical description spot on.
In addition her ability to charm men so easily is sssooooo Pisces Rising and her personality intrigues men, another Pisces Rising trait.

In the movie adaptation, I have no doubt Goodman would be correct in stating she's an Aries. She's much more impulsive in the movie than in the book and she's even muuuuccch more mischievous in the movie adaptation and more open about her thoughts than she is in the book.I’m leaning toward Scorpio Moon as her self-centeredness is only truly seen by the other characters given major roles such as India Wilkes and Rhett Butler in the movie;where as in the book she gets ostracized and hated in all of Atlanta for her wicked nature. In the movie I'm sticking iwth Leo Rising because of how such fantastic fashion she's frequently wearing in the movie (**** you Walter Plunkett for creating such GORGEOUUUUSSS costumes for Vivien Leigh to wear in:love:!!!)! She's such a showy girl in the movie!

What do you think?

It doesn't help the author of Gone With the Wind, Margaret Mitchell, was a Scorpio and her life was pretty much the dramatic one that the stereotypical Scorpio/Scorpio Dominant girl lives through.

I wasn't sure what section to put this in so I put it in the Natal Charts section but feel free to move it to appropriate secton!

Haha I always thought she was a scorpio with moon in aries, leo rising, mainly because she is my favorite character, I've always related to her and those are my placements (scorpio sun/aries moon/leo asc). I don't see her as an aries, an aries wouldn't chase ashley wilkes for so long. They would chase others, not just stick to one.

I also think she had a cancer influence because of her attachment to her home/mother/land. so maybe a cancer asc?

Vivien Leigh really identified with Scarlett, and really embodied the role. She was a scorpio sun/ aqua moon/taurus rising.

Last edited: