Hierarchy of Time Lords?

sworm09

I've been curious about this for a while now. So we have time lords who set the tone for an entire period and let us know what planets are important. Great.

Well do they fit into an hierarchy?

For example, my Ascendant has been in the bounds of Saturn since 2012 and will leave in 2016, so Saturn and his significations in my natal set the tone for the next few years.

My profected year ruler is Venus, so, if the time lords have an hierarchical structure, Venus' significations can only be so good, because she's acting within the context of a Saturn ruled period.

Basically, how to the time lord systems fit into one another?

Last edited:

dr. farr

The same problem is seen in the various Vedic "time lord" systems (called "dasha" systems in jyotish)
While not claiming that my approach is sanctified by specific historical references, I have always given emphasis to the profection-year lord (during the profection year) and a secondary, modifying influence to the time-lord (ie firdaria lord of the time period in which the year falls)-at least this is how I used to approach this matter (also-since I did not use firdaria much, and mostly used profected year lord + solar revolution year lord, I would give emphasis to the profection year lord and secondary status to the solar revolution year lord) However, I now use a method (which I cannot elaborate here on the Traditional Western Forum, since I have taken it from Vedic astrological methodology) that neatly and quite effectively solves this problem of hierarchy regarding the "time lords"...

Larxene

There is probably a lot of research that needs to be done on this part of natal astrology, especially as we cannot track many people's lives on a daily basis; only our own and those very close to us.

My current take on this is a logical one: the time lord technique that gives the longest period of time is the highest in the hierarchy, the second longest one will be next. What this means for me is, since I have only used decennials and annual profections a little bit, I place decennials above annual profections, since decennials is about 10 years per time lord while annual profection is one year for every time lord.

The highest time lord will have a general effect on the times, the lower time lord will have more specific effects. Also, it would be important to look at the connection between the two time lords to see what is promised by them in the natal chart.

Of course, since I am still a noob at this, take this with a pinch of sugar.

Konrad

Account Closed
I find it best to keep it simple, so I distribute the Hyleg through the bounds and this is the main pair of time-lords. The profection of the ASC intensifies or diminishes their effects and also adds its own testimony to the year. As Larxene says, and Abu Ma'shar confirms, the longer time-lords are more weighty due to their greater length. I generally stay away from Decennials and Firdariyyah as I don't understand them. The Distributions and the Profections are both fractals of time that are idealised versions of actual happenings in the sky, and I feel more comfortable with them. Zodiacal Releasing from Spirit is hugely effective too, and we know the context of their use unlike the Decennials and Firdariyyah, so it doesn't have to exist within a hierarchy.

Larxene

@Konrad:

Is the 'projecting the hyleg through the bounds' technique circumambulation?

Can you briefly explain what the Zodiacal Releasing of Spirit is for? Spirit, as I understand it, tells us about our effectiveness at pursuing our goals as defined in the natal chart...so does Spirit tell us how effective our actions are and/or periods where we can be most productive at pursuing our raison d'etre?

@Birch Dragon:

Yeah, except that we do not need to walk inside a blue box to travel through time...just let time pass, and we are already in the future!

Konrad

Account Closed
@Konrad:

Is the 'projecting the hyleg through the bounds' technique circumambulation?

Yes, exactly. Although I use Ptolemaic Primary Directions as Ascensional times are inaccurate.

Can you briefly explain what the Zodiacal Releasing of Spirit is for? Spirit, as I understand it, tells us about our effectiveness at pursuing our goals as defined in the natal chart...so does Spirit tell us how effective our actions are and/or periods where we can be most productive at pursuing our raison d'etre?
Yes. I see Spirit as how, where and how effective we are in imposing our will onto our lives, Fortune is how we are imposed upon. Releasing from Spirit generally shows career and work highs and lows as this is how most of us impose our will, though for famous people, it will show the time of their fame or infamy. In my own chart, the Sun rules the 9th sign and is in the sign of the MC. Upon entering the Sun major period at age 25, I began studying astrology. Specifically, it was around October 2009. The Releasing from Spirit was Leo - Leo - Scorpio with the Sun in Scorpio, the Scorpio periods will always be important in these Leo periods. I am now in Leo -Scorpio and in this period I have embarked upon a degree course related to spiritual and philosophical matters which specifically began in Leo - Scorpio - Capricorn with Mars housed in Capricorn. Fortune can be used in the same way to track health and those things which are imposed upon us.

sworm09

I find it best to keep it simple, so I distribute the Hyleg through the bounds and this is the main pair of time-lords. The profection of the ASC intensifies or diminishes their effects and also adds its own testimony to the year. As Larxene says, and Abu Ma'shar confirms, the longer time-lords are more weighty due to their greater length. I generally stay away from Decennials and Firdariyyah as I don't understand them. The Distributions and the Profections are both fractals of time that are idealised versions of actual happenings in the sky, and I feel more comfortable with them. Zodiacal Releasing from Spirit is hugely effective too, and we know the context of their use unlike the Decennials and Firdariyyah, so it doesn't have to exist within a hierarchy.

I can work with that. The only Time-lord system that I've seen work consistently (for me that is) is directing through the bounds. Of course I've only been directing the Ascendant.

Firdaria I haven't really seen work that well nor have I seen anything really convincing from Decennials.

dr. farr

Profection I've found works quite accurately (I use Pauliine profection), although I use it with symbolic directions (which is a Modernist technique) and solar revolution (ie Solar Returns): this triple combination I have not found surpassed (not even by the dasha systems of Vedic astrology)...

sworm09

Profection I've found works quite accurately (I use Pauliine profection), although I use it with symbolic directions (which is a Modernist technique) and solar revolution (ie Solar Returns): this triple combination I have not found surpassed (not even by the dasha systems of Vedic astrology)...

Up until you mentioned that I'd been using Egyptian profections, but those Pauline profections are something else....talk about accurate....they're very precise. :joyful:

dr. farr

Right-just like the Pauline dodeks (x13 factor rather than predominant "Egyptian" x12 factor), which I've found to be more enligthening in what they reveal, than the "by 12" dodeks which all except Paulus, had used...

Larxene

I have used Decennials only a few times (simply because I was curious about something) but I've found that it works to some extent, the only issue is I didn't know how to refine it for more specific readings.

As Konrad notes, it is not clear how to use it, but I think experimenting with it will provide some insights.

Though I think I prefer zodiacal releasing and annual profections for the moment.

As for the 12th part conversation, I've used the x12 method and found it insightful. Perhaps it is simply a matter of perspective. Both methods reveal something different.