Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Relational Astrology

Relational Astrology Relationships and the astrological methods of interpreting them are discussed here.

Unread 08-19-2018, 04:28 PM

Question on orb impact

Just wondering if two people have a trine between let's say Venus and Pluto and it is under 1 degree would they feel that energy more so than a conjunction of let's day 3 or 4 degrees even though the conjunction is considered a "stronger" aspect I guess you'd say?

Basically are softer aspects felt more than the stronger more powerfully felt aspects if the Orb is very tight? Appreciate it.

Unread 08-19-2018, 11:44 PM

Re: Question on orb impact

I have Venus Trine Pluto in natal chart. The Orb near three and half degree. I don't feel much in reality.
http://imgur.com/m0qQlLl
Unread 08-20-2018, 09:37 PM

No. No one aspect can represent compatibility. I know what you are asking. A trine between a heavy planet and a personal planet is very nice. It may be a bit fickle due to other aspects or especially transits.

Conjunctions are a whole other subject. If person A's planet conjuncts another person planet - especially the outer to the personal - is a constant energy impact. A.nd yes, it will be even at 4 or 5 degrees or more, depending upon the houses involved and other positions

So if you have 2 charts to discuss we could be more specific. IN synastry both charts and all aspects need to be considered.
LIN

"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lin For This Useful Post:
IleneK (08-23-2018), StillOne (08-23-2018)
Unread 08-23-2018, 02:32 PM

I didn't understand your response that well. If two planets are conjunct or opposite at a wider orb (say 4deg or over) versus the same two planets in easier aspect like trine or sextule but in small orv under 1 degree generally will the smaller orb easier aspectts energy be felt more than the garder aspect at a wider orb?
Unread 08-23-2018, 04:46 PM

]I didn't understand your response that well. If two planets are conjunct or opposite at a wider orb (say 4deg or over) versus the same two planets in easier aspect like trine or sextile but in smaller orb (under 1 degree) generally will the smaller orb easier aspects energy be felt more than the harder aspect at a wider orb?
Unread 08-23-2018, 05:13 PM

You will feel the conjunction more strongly than the very close but milder trine aspect, even if the orb of the conjunction is 4-5 degrees.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Unread 08-23-2018, 07:19 PM

Why do you say that? I'm thinking different as the energy of the trine/sextile isn't necassarily weaker now that Im thinking about it butjust an easierblending of theenergies to o get along. That being saidI think the closer orb of that easier energy should be felt more as just because it's easier doesn't mean it isn't feltt just a different way of those planetsenergies relating.. But idk I think orb sizes may be looked over in generalin astrology. For example let's just say a conjunct of 2 degrees vs a conjunct of 1 degree I feel the closer down you get in orb size the more exact or precise the two planetsenergybecomes. Just a theory.

Last edited by NoMirrors; 08-23-2018 at 07:23 PM.
Unread 08-23-2018, 07:26 PM

[
Well not really a theory of course the closer the orb the closer the energy is felt but I think the closer the orb the more exacting those degrees become. Like a conjunction of 3 degrees vs 2 degrees that degree won't matter vss the same conjunction of 2 degrees vs 1 degree
Unread 08-23-2018, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMirrors View Post
Why do you say that?
Because when planets come together in conjunction their energies envelop each other; the planets being literally right next to each other. Its effect is powerful.
The effects of the softer aspects, like the trine, are much less dramatic. Lots of times people don't even feel trines because they are "easy" aspects.

This would be especially illustrated in an example with at least one stronger planet. So, for example, Moon Saturn conjunction 4-5 degrees approaching would be way stronger than even an exact trine between them.

The same would be true of the square and opposition. You are far more likely to feel the challenging aspects than the soft, or easy, sextile and trine.

Last edited by IleneK; 08-24-2018 at 02:23 AM.
Unread 08-23-2018, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMirrors View Post
I'm thinking different as the energy of the trine/sextile isn't necassarily weaker now that Im thinking about it butjust an easierblending of theenergies to o get along. That being saidI think the closer orb of that easier energy should be felt more as just because it's easier doesn't mean it isn't feltt just a different way of those planetsenergies relating.. But idk I think orb sizes may be looked over in generalin astrology. For example let's just say a conjunct of 2 degrees vs a conjunct of 1 degree I feel the closer down you get in orb size the more exact or precise the two planetsenergybecomes. Just a theory.
I really don't understand what you are talking about, but just follow lunar transits to your own chart for a couple of weeks. See how you experience Moon's conjunction to a planet compared to when it trines that same planet. After a bit of observation, you can draw your own conclusion based on actual experience.

Unread 08-23-2018, 10:39 PM

The enrgies of the planets are the same it's just a different way of relating. Conjunctions although I agree feel more powerful the energy behind that relating between whatever planets is still the same with a trine . The trine would just feel smoother it's not a greater energy. Just because something feels more powerful doesn't mean the energy is greater from those two planets relating. A trines energy and whatever a trines energy represents(smooth/relaxed) I differ with you will definitely be felt more at a smaller under one degree orv than a conjunction at say 4 degrees. Point is the energy is the same it's just a different way of relating.
Unread 08-23-2018, 10:45 PM

A conjunction or harder aspect may attract more and I think this is where your getting confused... I'm talking about a relationship where people are going to be relating for a prolonged period of time. So a personal relationship where a trine is at 0 degrees vs a loselyely conjunct aspect I think the trine will be felt more if both people are deeply involved.

Tags
impact, question