Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Electional and Event Astrology

Electional and Event Astrology Discuss here astrologically good times to do things, and what's happening astrologically when something major happens. Includes sports astrology.

Unread 08-02-2018, 08:09 PM

Unique question about Mercury Retrograde and Travel

I know the rule of thumb is just "don't travel during Mercury Retrograde," but I have a situation that isn't so black and white. If I booked a hotel for a check in date after Mercury stations direct, but did the initial booking during Mercury Retrograde, will the same completions exist as if I were also checking in during the retrograde?

There's an event coming up where nearby hotels are at a premium and the hotels that actually hosts the event suddenly opened up a few more rooms at the considerably lower event priceing (which was still a pretty big purchase, another thing advised against during retrograde) which is so rare this close to the event, that if I didn't act immediately, this amazing opportunity would be long gone, so I jumped on it. The things is, this all happened just a few days after Mercury went retrograde! So now I'm worried things are going to go very wrong. Are these fears founded? Or am I reading too much into things and over exaggerating something that isn't that big of a deal? Any answers or insight would be most appreciated.

Also, I wasn't sure if this was the right thread to post this in. If this would be more appropriate somewhere else, please let me know and I will move it.

Unread 08-03-2018, 06:05 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: Unique question about Mercury Retrograde and Travel

Don't travel during Mercury retrograde isn't a real rule. People do it all the time, and Mercury being retrograde doesn't make it a disaster. There might be more unplanned events than usual, but major travel disasters don't happen just because Mercury is retrograde.

Ditto on big purchases. Mercury retrograde isn't a bad time for purchases in and of itself, just a less than ideal time for contracts and complex financing agreements. Buying a house or a car is something you might not want to do during Mercury retrograde if you can help it, because that involves contracts and complex financial agreements and usually loans. Booking a hotel room isn't a complex purchase and doesn't involve a contract. It's not in that category of big purchase.

Mercury retrograde can also be a prime time for unexpected lucky events--like the hotel rooms opening up.

Tags
mercury, question, retrograde, travel, unique