Psychic ability in your chart?

DianeD

Been studying different information today, trying to learn to read and understand charts (using my chart as a guide), and I'm starting to understand how different placements play with each other. I noticed my Neptune less than a degree from my Ascendant, so I look up some info, and saw the possibility of sensitivity with this placement, which lead to looking at placements for Psychic ability

What planets, signs, houses, and elements do you feel intensify your ability? Or anyone's in general?

The Ram

Here's a good place to start:

http://spiritualteacher.us/crystal-children-project/psychic-intuitive-indicators/

But I would like to add that it would be a good idea to include the "bad" aspect versions of whatever aspects are listed here as well. I've looked at charts of quite a few notable occultists/psychics and I find the squares, quincunxes, oppositions etc tend to give as much ability as the harmonious aspects.

For psychic ability (looking into the future, reading minds, etc) I'd look to mainly the moon, mercury, venus, and the outer planets, the sign, house positions and the aspects thereof.

For energy directing ability, ie being able to generate energy for rituals. I'd look to the strength of Mars, Sun, Jupiter, Pluto and Uranus.

Saturn and Chirons strength for the wisdom/discipline to use these abilities effectively and responsibly. Plus Saturn is fantastic for banishing rituals and Chiron indicates healing ability.

I'd also look to contacts to the ascendant, mc, ic and descendant. As well as contacts to the nodes of the moon, the vertex and black moon lilith.

Important planets/points on the cusp of 2 signs may indicate something as well.

Last edited:

astro11

Pisces, the 12th house and Neptune are generally associated with psychic ability, so if you have many Neptune contacts, many planets in Pisces and/or a stellium in the 12th house, you may have this potential. Neptune conjunct an angle or being an unaspected planet (not making even one major aspect- the energy is more pure) can also give this ability.

If you have a lot of planets in water signs (cancer, scorpio, pisces), you are very intuitive, good at reading people and can "feel" the emotions of others.

Number 11 in numerology is the most psychic number.

The Ram

Question for Astro11:

From what I see you're pretty into numerology, do you have any ideas on what the birth time number represents?

poyi

Premium Member
I think water houses should be related, 4th, 8th and 12th
The link below is quite good.

http://www.moonvalleyastrologer.com/sixth-sense/

I have got Jupiter conjuct IC by 1 orb parallel Neptune, jupiter quintile Lilith in 6th house. Jupiter square AC, DC, opposite MC by 1 orb. 7th cusp is Pisces,

In 2nd house, Pluto at 0 11 scoprio, Pluto square Moon, 5th Moon capcricorn mutual reception, exaltation of Mars in 1st by sign, by trine. Mars in Virgo mutual reception with Scorpio Mercury, mutual reception for both Mars and Mercury. Midpoint Mars and Moon is Mercury.

Sun in Scorpio rules 12th house Leo. Saturn and Mercury in Scorpio, 2nd and 3rd houses.

Neptune in 4th square Mars and Venus in first house.

The most psychic experience was 2 years of hearing ghost in my Hong Kong home everyday I really thought I was insane, between 16 years old summer to just before I turned 18 years old. The first solar return was Neptune at exact conjuction with solar MC by 0 10' orb. In the 2nd year solar return Neptune was conjuction on DC by 2 30 orb and square solar Jupiter at MC.

No one at home could hear it excepted only after I left Hong Kong the ghost was disturbing my family then I finally told them it had been in our home for 2 years days and nights. They got the master from Chinese temple to sort it out at the end. It was extreme mental torture even my family moved home, after 13 years I only went back to Hong Kong 3 times....I wonder maybe because Jupiter and Neptune both in natal 4th and Jupiter rules 4th that's why it only occur at home from my birthplace.

Plus Pluto was transiting IC and was exact conjuction when I left Hong Kong. It was within orbs for those 2 years.

Last edited:

astro11

As in the reduced number value of the time of day the person was born, not the date.

I have never heard of a birth time number, I would say it is not widely used. I assume you mean if someone was born at 5:30 pm, you add 5 + 3 = 8. From my studies, there hasn't been any research done as to its effects.

Numerologists mainly use the "core 5", that is the birthday, life path, expression, personality and soul urge numbers to analyze personality. These numbers have been the most researched and have the highest validity.

astro11

I think water houses should be related, 4th, 8th and 12th
The link below is quite good.

http://www.moonvalleyastrologer.com/sixth-sense/

I have got Jupiter conjuct IC by 1 orb parallel Neptune, jupiter quintile Lilith in 6th house. Jupiter square AC, DC, opposite MC by 1 orb. 7th cusp is Pisces,

In 2nd house, Pluto at 0 11 scoprio, Pluto square Moon, 5th Moon capcricorn mutual reception, exaltation of Mars in 1st by sign, by trine. Mars in Virgo mutual reception with Scorpio Mercury, mutual reception for both Mars and Mercury. Midpoint Mars and Moon is Mercury.

Sun in Scorpio rules 12th house Leo. Saturn and Mercury in Scorpio, 2nd and 3rd houses.

Neptune in 4th square Mars and Venus in first house.

The most psychic experience was 2 years of hearing ghost in my Hong Kong home everyday I really thought I was insane, between 16 years old summer to just before I turned 18 years old. The first solar return was Neptune at exact conjuction with solar MC by 0 10' orb. In the 2nd year solar return Neptune was conjuction on DC by 2 30 orb and square solar Jupiter at MC.

No one at home could hear it excepted only after I left Hong Kong the ghost was disturbing my family then I finally told them it had been in our home for 2 years days and nights. They got the master from Chinese temple to sort it out at the end. It was extreme mental torture even my family moved home, after 13 years I only went back to Hong Kong 3 times....I wonder maybe because Jupiter and Neptune both in natal 4th and Jupiter rules 4th that's why it only occur at home from my birthplace.

Plus Pluto was transiting IC and was exact conjuction when I left Hong Kong. It was within orbs for those 2 years.

I recently watched "The Conjuring" at the movie theatre and it was about an entire family who was being haunted by very evil spirits in an old farmhouse. It is based on a true story. The evil spirit was trying to possess the mother to suck the life out of the children. They had to hire professional paranormal investigators to drive away the ghost. This movie was genuinely very haunting and thrilling, you should go see it!

Culpeper

Premium Member
Recently I have been reading a biography of Victor Hugo. Besides being a prolific author, he was also a spirit medium. While a political refugee on the Island of Jersey and away from the distractions of Paris, he conducted hundreds of séances. He channeled historical persons such as Shakespeare, Plato, Rousseau, Aristotle and even Jesus. He also channeled his living enemy Napoleon III.

Hugo has Scorpio rising with Neptune in the first house. Mars is in the 4th house in Mutual reception with Mercury. Jupiter is in the 10th house and rules the 5th house. Mercury is in detriment and fall in the 5th house. His moon is on the galactic center and rules the 9th house. (Classical houses)

Victor Hugo, 26.02.1802, 22:30 Besancon, France. It is helpful to study the charts of celebrity psychics.

astro11

Victor Hugo is an excellent example of substantial psychic ability and his chart is fitting of being a spirit medium. He has Sun, Pluto, Venus, Mercury and the North Node in the most psychic sign Pisces. Five of his planets, the North Node and the ascendant are in water signs. He has Neptune in his first house and it is at critical degree 21 Scorpio, making his Neptunian first impression even more vigorous. The 12th house ruler Venus is in Pisces in the 4th house and makes an exact trine to the ascendant. Pluto is on the midpoint of Sun/Venus. Sun rules the 10th house (public status), Venus rules 12th house (channeling), and Pluto governs death, again signifying the high profile séances. His moon (connection with intuition, feelings, emotions) is extremely out of bounds at 28 degrees, 37 minutes, his ability in this area is highly unusual but is a gift.

Attachments

• SFPage- Victor Hugo.jpg
    SFPage- Victor Hugo.jpg
    310 KB · Views: 32

DianeD

There's a lot of good info here, awesome! Astro11, you talked about a stellium in the 12th house? Here, I'll just attach my chart if that's ok. You don't have to make a huge observation about it, I'm just needing some real people insight-some guide here- reading all just info is only getting me so far.( and obviously I understand my chart the most. I have been gathering family and friends info to study, and I'm still learning ALOT), but you talking about this makes me think about some small abilities I use to have, and chalked up just to adolescents. I've been neglecting my inner-self for years, and lost alot of creativity......whatever, but I have wondered if I could ever achieve a level of what I use to have. I don't think I have extraordinary talents, but before even knowing astrology, I believed and knew I was different. Do I have the alignment in my chart, were I should try to re focus these possibilities, or just move on and accept maybe my adult mind and natal placement doesn't favor this any more?

Attachments

• 63%.gif
    63%.gif
    48.3 KB · Views: 46

The Ram

I have never heard of a birth time number, I would say it is not widely used. I assume you mean if someone was born at 5:30 pm, you add 5 + 3 = 8. From my studies, there hasn't been any research done as to its effects.

Numerologists mainly use the "core 5", that is the birthday, life path, expression, personality and soul urge numbers to analyze personality. These numbers have been the most researched and have the highest validity.
Yeah I know a lot about the core numbers and the dozens of other lesser ones. The way I'd calculate it is by using 24 hour time that way a person born at 5 am will have a different number than someone at 5 pm. I've heard very little about birth time as well, I figure it should be an important number. Guess I'll have to do my own research. Thanks for the response.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I recently watched "The Conjuring" at the movie theatre and it was about an entire family who was being haunted by very evil spirits in an old farmhouse. It is based on a true story. The evil spirit was trying to possess the mother to suck the life out of the children. They had to hire professional paranormal investigators to drive away the ghost. This movie was genuinely very haunting and thrilling, you should go see it!

Yer I had heard of the movie. I might watch it later when it is available on iTune.

I always wonder if the ghost was a family curse of some kind. As my mother had abortion before conceiving me. In Asian culture there are a lot unborn spirit stories.

"fetuses have a spirit. "When a woman has an abortion, it cancels out the spirit's right to have a body, so it cannot go to heaven or the next life."

It is a very popular believe that the ghost will then become a wondering ghost stuck in the world for the living people.

I only came to the awareness of my mother's abortion on a random regular afternoon, when we were watching afternoon shows. She suddenly confessed to me and her originally plan was also going to have me aborted. After the 2 years of torture, for years I do wonder if that unborn sibling ever hated me for being born instead of she or he. I do think it was a he, the voice was a he.

When I was a kid. I was known of hardly make any noise not talking to people but would stay in the corner playing with something, staring at the wall etc. My older sister is 7 years older than me she and my mum told me that how I was for years from their memory. My mum did take me to the Chinese temple to have blessing done by the gods. And I wore a silver lock and chain for many years, it was used to lock the spirit of the child within the body. I think I stopped wearing it when I turned teenage as it wasn't very fashionable :happy:

The other psychic experience was rather minor, in primary school, aclassmate introduced me to play Pencil Spirit game. Is a type of Oracle using 6 pencils played by 2 people. Basically you called the ghost, in Chinese version "Spirit of the pencil, come out now!" three times then the rectangle shape made by 6 pencils holding by two will start moving and formed two triangles, when the answer is Yes. Is a spell to call out random surrounding ghost to posses into the pencils temporary to force it to tell you about your future.

Apparently this is played in Mexico as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZhHwDdzWvI

My classmate was told by someone at school how to play this game and there were rumors of student died after playing it. Hong Kong is a really dense populated city, normally all school is fully occupied but in our primary school we had an empty floor, all the classrooms were permanently closed on that top floor as long as we know must be more than 4-6 years. From what we heard from school that floor was closed after a student was possessed when he or she was playing the game, cause the ghost refused to leave, the student was haunted and jumped out of that floor. And I only found out the story after I played that game :crying:

I think if you have some sensitive spots in your chart, you will very easily get into real trouble....

Last edited:

Lion o ness

Oven ever claimed to be psychic or have special gifts, but recently I have been having some sort of strange awakening.

In the last month, I have coincidently met 5 psychics, they have some how come to me and delivered messages to me.. Telling me that I'm very powerful and have great gifts and that I vibrate extremely high.
That's " it's time" to start this...
I was also told that I had to learn things first, before I was able to open up to the gifts.
Funny I have a memory of when I was very young, a strange lady approached me and grabbed my hand, and told me you have the gift, but you must go through much suffering first..
Idk, if that's a memory or a dream.. I just remember that,

It's weird, I haven't once reached out to a psychic, I haven't asked for any readings. I have met these ladies in normal everyday life.. We chat and then they tell me.. Btw I'm psychic.. None have asked for money, or even gave me their info to get in touch with them for readings.
They all just told me this and disappeared..
It's been 5 different people at 5 different places.

Anyways I had a psychic experience after the first one, then I got really confused and I felt wrong about it..
That's when the others came to me..
I've looked back on a few things and realized there was been so many times when I just new things.
I never thought about it as psychic, just like ha I knew that was going to happen..

Chart wise..
I have a water singleton Venus in cancer
Pisces asc

I have 4 personal planets in Leo in h6
Maybe the h6/h12
Leo is not considered a psychic sigh .. So idk

If you include Chiron I have a bowl pattern.
Chiron,sun,moon,merc,Saturn,Uranus

Aspects that I think may give me the knowing
Sun,moon,mercury sextile Uranus
Sun,moon,merc trine Chiron
Pisc asc
Moon Parallel Pluto
Venus Quinx Neptune h9 sag
Mars sq Neptune
Uranus/Pluto in h7
Sn in cancer
Moon conjunct mercury by minutes

I've been doing reiki, and I really like it... I'm going to take the level 1 class this weekend.

Which kinda works with my bowl pattern
4 planets in H6 helping people
Chiron in h1, healing

Last edited:

Alice McDermott

Some people with prominent water signs have access to various types of psychic awareness, particularly astral awareness, but not all.

I have lived my life with psychics of all kinds and have some talent myself, though not enough to be a professional. As a result I became very interested in what in their charts actually described these types of abilities and did a great deal of research with those I knew were the real thing.

To my great interest I discovered that many had the Vertex axis highly accentuated with conjunctions and close aspects. Those with quintile series and/or septile series aspects to the Vertex-antiVertex axis showed astounding abilities. This makes sense as the Vertex axis is the doorway to other realities. I have written about it here: http://aliceportman.com/category/psychics/. I had an article on Uri Geller there as well, but somehow he managed to delete it! I don't know why as it was based on his own published biography.

Victor Hugo fits this criteria as he has his Vertex in Gemini in the 8th house with the Sun and Pluto in close square, the South Node in biseptile and a big quintile pattern involving the Vertex, its ruler Mercury and the Ascendant.

Psychic ability is not limited to water signs and houses, it manifests within all the signs with various types of psychic awareness and ability -e.g. Taurus seems to show up quite a bit with those who have clairaudient skills. The one consistent theme I found was the activation of the Vertex axis.

Alice

Attachments

• Victor Hugo.gif
    Victor Hugo.gif
    19 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
Some people with prominent water signs have access to various types of psychic awareness, particularly astral awareness, but not all.

I have lived my life with psychics of all kinds and have some talent myself, though not enough to be a professional. As a result I became very interested in what in the chart actually described someone with these types of abilities and did a great deal of research with those I new were the real thing.

To my great interest I discovered that many had the Vertex axis highly accentuated with conjunctions and close aspects. Those with quintile series and/or septile series aspects to the Vertex-antiVertex axis showed astounding abilities. This makes sense as the Vertex axis is the doorway to other realities. I have written about it here: http://aliceportman.com/category/psychics/. I had an article on Uri Geller there as well, but somehow he managed to delete it! I don't know why as it was based on his own published biography.

Victor Hugo fits this criteria as he has his Vertex in Gemini in the 8th house with the Sun and Pluto in close square, the South Node in biseptile and a big quintile pattern involving the Vertex, its ruler Mercury and the Ascendant.

Psychic ability is not limited to water signs and houses, it manifests within all the signs with various types of psychic awareness and ability -e.g. Taurus seems to show up quite a bit with those who have clairaudient skills. The one consistent theme I found was the activation of the Vertex axis.

Alice

Hi Alice

Thank you for mentioning Vertex, as I had professional astrologer commented on my NN, SN and Vertex, Anti-Vertex with Jupiter. Do you mind have a look of my chart then? I was told by this professional astrologer as possibly being a high priest of some kind in past life lol.

astro_2gw_01_po_hp.6136.14182.gif

rahu

Banned
any conscious planet with the nodal axis gives a degree of intuition or psychic ability. the most noticeable are mercury conjunct the nodal axis and uranus/chiron and neptune. check my thread "the node and reality"

rahu

poyi

Premium Member
any conscious planet with the nodal axis gives a degree of intuition or psychic ability. the most noticeable are mercury conjunct the nodal axis and uranus/chiron and neptune. check my thread "the node and reality"

rahu

Sadly, I don't have any planet conjunct my North Node, Uranus is not close enough as well, although it is in Gemini!!! What a miss!

I do try to find out why all the node and vertex at my MC/10th house though. I am not really interested on getting into high status at work. Not thinking being popular in public is enjoyable either. Look like all my energy is still spent for 1st to 5th house.

In term of psychic ability, it will be nice to have a bit of power to see the future but I don't wish myself getting into trouble with the ghost again.

Alice McDermott

Hi Alice

Thank you for mentioning Vertex, as I had professional astrologer commented on my NN, SN and Vertex, Anti-Vertex with Jupiter. Do you mind have a look of my chart then? I was told by this professional astrologer as possibly being a high priest of some kind in past life lol.

In addition to your anti-Vertex and South Node conjoining Jupiter, ruler of your 4th cusp, you have the Sun, ruler of the 12th house, in the third house in triseptile to the Vertex and MC.

This makes me think your assessment of the ghost as your aborted sibling might be correct as the third house rules siblings. The death of this sibling can be partly seen by the Sun in Scorpio in the third house quincunx north node.

I agree with Rahu that the nodal axis is also prominent in the charts of psychics.

Alice

Attachments

• Po.gif
    Po.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 24