Parallels & Declinations

erinj

Hello All:

I have been talking with a good astrologer friend of mine about using parallels & declinations.. I would like to know more about it can somebone give me brief intro to it on how they are used especially if they pertain more to natal astrology or predictive astrology.

dr. farr

You can find information on the internet by googling "declinations astrology", or "parallels astrology", also "K.T. Boehrer", or combinations of these; there are also many threads here on AW dealing with this very important field of analysis; at astroamerica.com you will find books available on the subject, possibly the most valuable texts being "Declinations in Astrology" by P. Newman and "Beyond the Solstice by Declination", L. Westin...

Basically remember that Parallels are like strong conjunctions in their influences; and that the planets must be on the same side (N or S) of the ecliptic, and that tight orbs must be used (Modernists limit this to 1 degree, which I consider TOO tight; I accept 1.5 degree up to 2 degrees, as effective orbs for Parallels)