Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Predictive Astrology > Transits

Transits Transits are the most used predictive astrology technique. This sub-board is dedicated to them.

Unread 11-02-2021, 06:47 PM

South Node transit and Pluto - your experience

I have a lot of things going on with my Nodes currently. The South Node is crossing my ascendant and also Pluto (with the NN obviously going over the descendant) and I would like to know how this might show up in my life as? For the past while, I have been feeling life is almost at a stalemate and very depressing/tiring.

I would also be interested in hearing others anyone experience of this because I heard it can bring about fated events e.g. I've read that the North Node going over the descendant may bring a meeting with a significant person, and the Nodes touching Pluto brings spiritual awakenings/revelations/fated events.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg transit chart (2).jpg (52.9 KB, 2 views)

Unread 11-02-2021, 08:57 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Re: South Node transit and Pluto - your experience

The ascendant is one piece of the chart that tells us about our body, our personal vitality. The other point we look to for vitality is the sun. If either is being stressed or drained, that can contribute to loss of vitality. Life feeling depressing and tiring, as you put it.

South node transits have a draining effect. It's kind of like whatever the south node is touching is a faucet that leaks every time it's turned on. There's no getting water from that faucet without wasting some.

Neptune can also do that, in a way: it tends to wash away. You've had Neptune trining your Sun (and your Pluto, too, turning it into a grand trine) for a year or so, and now it's pretty exact. Trines are gentler than hard angle transits, and usually less noticeable--they're whatever in your life is going smoothly--but sometimes what a trine by transit does is make something bad happen easily and effortlessly. So, this Neptune/Sun trine could also be a contributing factor.

And then, there's whatever is making you tired and depressed, in real life. Are you overworking? Continuing to do things that no longer serve you? Not following your heart? Ultimately, depression is the result of not letting your light shine.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 11-02-2021, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osamenor View Post
The ascendant is one piece of the chart that tells us about our body, our personal vitality. The other point we look to for vitality is the sun. If either is being stressed or drained, that can contribute to loss of vitality. Life feeling depressing and tiring, as you put it.

South node transits have a draining effect. It's kind of like whatever the south node is touching is a faucet that leaks every time it's turned on. There's no getting water from that faucet without wasting some.

Neptune can also do that, in a way: it tends to wash away. You've had Neptune trining your Sun (and your Pluto, too, turning it into a grand trine) for a year or so, and now it's pretty exact. Trines are gentler than hard angle transits, and usually less noticeable--they're whatever in your life is going smoothly--but sometimes what a trine by transit does is make something bad happen easily and effortlessly. So, this Neptune/Sun trine could also be a contributing factor.

And then, there's whatever is making you tired and depressed, in real life. Are you overworking? Continuing to do things that no longer serve you? Not following your heart? Ultimately, depression is the result of not letting your light shine.
Thank you for your reply!

I have not considered the trine much but I must say that I really dislike Neptune. I find it makes everything murky and elusive, overall a very dissolving energy. I know it can be great for artistic pursuits and things that are mystical in nature though, however I just donít like its influence.

I am feeling this way because I am not feeling alive and satisfied. There is no excitement in my current life.
ēI have graduated but so far have been struggling to find work.
ē I have a part time job but its not dependable and I am looking for something steadier.
ēI have no social life, I live very remotely at home and my friends are far away now that university is over.
ēWould like to find romance but nothing happening here either.

To counteract this I try to practice gratitude, self love, learn something new, do creative hobbies. .. but I still feel down with the lack of progression. I realize that I am complaining about nothing and in actuality, my life is something that lots of people would love. I feel like I am a spectator and life is passing me by - and Iím torn because I probably have the power to change most of this.

Anyway, I would like to hear your experience of this transit? If you have undergone it that is. How was it for you?
Unread 11-02-2021, 10:13 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Everyone's had the south node cross everything in their chart by the time they're 19. So everyone age 19 or older has had those transits. But not necessarily concurrently. I don't have natal Pluto anywhere near my ascendant, so for me, those are entirely separate transits.

The only time Neptune's trined my Sun was when I was 6-7 years old. The south node was nowhere near my AC at that time. Nor my Pluto. I've never had the exact lineup of transits that you're having, and never will.

Our experiences wouldn't compare. What is comparable is intense transits: everyone gets those at times, multiple heavy hitters to various parts of their chart, but exactly what those transits are varies from person to person.
Private messages welcome if they're moderation-related matters or personal messages for me, but please do not send me astrological questions or chart reading requests. I only answer those on the forum, in my practice, and on my blog at https://www.thebearsnose.com/, a separate site from this one.

Want my input on your natal chart-based question? You are welcome to submit it to the Ask the Astrologer feature on my blog, provided that it follows the feature's ground rules.
Unread 11-02-2021, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Everyone's had the south node cross everything in their chart by the time they're 19. So everyone age 19 or older has had those transits. But not necessarily concurrently. I don't have natal Pluto anywhere near my ascendant, so for me, those are entirely separate transits.

The only time Neptune's trined my Sun was when I was 6-7 years old. The south node was nowhere near my AC at that time. Nor my Pluto. I've never had the exact lineup of transits that you're having, and never will.

Our experiences wouldn't compare. What is comparable is intense transits: everyone gets those at times, multiple heavy hitters to various parts of their chart, but exactly what those transits are varies from person to person.
Yes, I was moreso asking because I didnít know how old you are, to know if youíve experienced a south node going over the AC transit or not yet.
Perhaps you misunderstood me, I was curious to hear your experience of that particular transit on itís own, because I do know that no one will have the same chart as me (except for those small few born on the same day and at the same time).

I am wanting to hear about the other transits too (alone- not combined with other transits) but if you havenít personal experience then obviously I donít expect an answer on it. I am open to any interpretation of how they may play out though.
Unread 11-02-2021, 11:02 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

You've personally experienced those transits. Wherever the nodes are now, they were in the same place 18.5 years ago. So, you can look back to that time in your life for comparison.

It will be different because you were a child then, and you're an adult now, entering your Saturn return time. But if there's a common theme, looking back brings it up.

Unread 11-02-2021, 11:25 PM

Quote:
You've personally experienced those transits. Wherever the nodes are now, they were in the same place 18.5 years ago. So, you can look back to that time in your life for comparison.

It will be different because you were a child then, and you're an adult now, entering your Saturn return time. But if there's a common theme, looking back brings it up.

I was 10, I cannot remember much exactly but nothing of significance stands out about that time to me. I had negative experiences as a child but not at that age. The experience of a childs world wont compare to an adults one. Circumstances, desires and possibilities were different.

I appreciate what youíre trying to say but asking others others to share their experiences helps one anticipate what they can expect/ be aware of possibilities, it can help to know others have undergone similar so they arenít alone etc.

If you do not want to share any insights on it thatís fine, have a nice day
Unread 11-03-2021, 12:20 AM
Senior Member, Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorPluto911 View Post
I was 10, I cannot remember much exactly but nothing of significance stands out about that time to me. I had negative experiences as a child but not at that age. The experience of a childs world wont compare to an adults one. Circumstances, desires and possibilities were different.

I appreciate what youíre trying to say but asking others others to share their experiences helps one anticipate what they can expect/ be aware of possibilities, it can help to know others have undergone similar so they arenít alone etc.

If you do not want to share any insights on it thatís fine, have a nice day
I have no specific memories of any of my south node to AC or Pluto transits. I'd have to do some work just to figure out when they were, which is a big ask just for a forum post. Those were not my most astrologically intense times, not by a long shot.

The closest experiences I have had to what you're describing correlated with Neptune in opposition to my Sun followed in short order by Pluto crossing my ascendant, and then, about 5-6 years later, with my second node return, which coincided with midlife Saturn square and Pluto squaring natal Pluto. That second spate of transits brought the most resolution to issues that arose with the previous one. Different transits, a few similar themes.

Unread 11-03-2021, 12:40 AM

Quote:
I have no specific memories of any of my south node to AC or Pluto transits. I'd have to do some work just to figure out when they were, which is a big ask just for a forum post. Those were not my most astrologically intense times, not by a long shot.

The closest experiences I have had to what you're describing correlated with Neptune in opposition to my Sun followed in short order by Pluto crossing my ascendant, and then, about 5-6 years later, with my second node return, which coincided with midlife Saturn square and Pluto squaring natal Pluto. That second spate of transits brought the most resolution to issues that arose with the previous one. Different transits, a few similar themes.
Thank you for your input Osamenor

Tags
experience, node, pluto, south, transit