Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Career-related Horary Questions

Career-related Horary Questions For horary questions related to career, jobs, vocational issues.

Unread 04-19-2010, 07:28 PM

Is this job all it's cracked up to be??

Just got home from a job interview that went very well. It's a sales job, and I'm very confident that I am going to be hired. I really knocked the interview out of the ballpark.

The owner that interviewed me told me that I would make a good deal of money, exactly what I need without having to get a second job, which is great, but I've had sales jobs before, and there's no base pay which makes me sick, but this job offers a base pay + commission + incentives. They are also offering to pay for my graduate school. All in all I have to call tomorrow to find out if I'm hired or not, but I'm really sure I will, the owner really liked me, and even slipped and said something about hiring me, then went back and corrected it...

My question is "Am I really going to be able to make that much money at this job?"

I am Mercury in Taurus, 9th house...very appropriate. I am graduating college in a month, and trying to decide if I should go to grad school where I am already accepted, because I cannot afford it without a scholarship. Mercury squares Mars in Leo on the 12th, possible showing my financial situation (broker than a joke, but managing to keep afloat), but I'm really not sure. Saturn retrograde at the dark side of the 2nd house on last degree of Virgo doesn't look too good on its own (having to work hard for gain?), but Venus in Taurus is applying to trine this Saturn from the 9th house, which would give me the means to work, and the opportunity to make money?? Also, Saturn rules my sixth house of work, jobs, and Aquarius on this cusp could point to sales as well??

9th house (grad school) is ruled by Taurus, and Venus is in Taurus in this house....good I would say, maybe I will really get help for graduate school (for music, actually, which Venus could be signifying). Venus also sextiles Jupiter in Pisces in the 7th house (employer) which could show me getting help from an employer to pay for this.

It all looks good except for the Moon in Cancer (lots of planets in their signs) squaring Saturn in Virgo, really close to the 11th house, in Gemini, I have no idea how to read that.

But all in all I would say yes, this job will show me some money, shown by Venus and Jupiter, the benefics, being so well placed. Even Saturn, is not doing too badly here, moving to the 2nd house, ruled by the sign it is exalted in...

any other comments???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astrooo.jpg (84.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by danman85; 04-21-2010 at 11:02 PM.
Unread 04-20-2010, 11:36 AM

Re: Is this job all it's cracked up to be??

Hi Dan

I'll put forward my views, also I can't see which house system you used. Horary traditionally uses Regiomontanus. In fact I'm finding it quite hard to read from this chart, could you please re-draw it in Astro.com?

Thanks
NR

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Unread 04-21-2010, 12:01 PM

Sure, yeah, I can see it was hard to read....I changed the chart, it looks a lot better now, I used astro.com ....regiomontanus too
Unread 04-21-2010, 10:12 PM

Hi Dan

Can you post the chart, please?

Thanks
NR

chart: http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Jo75Tiger/mewithstarsasteroids.gif
Unread 04-21-2010, 10:59 PM

Sorry, I had an issue with the internet for a while, here it is!!! Finally! haha ooo and regio. house too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg astrooo.jpg (84.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by danman85; 04-21-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Tags
cracked, jobss